Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Points Scrounger
Time for a Crowne Plaza (& upscale HI) F&B benefit thread - please read the 1st post.

Finland, Europe
CP Helsinki - Spire Paid Breakfast in club J Suite upgrade granted Club access granted Bottle water in room and fruit

China
CP Chengdu Panda Garden - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant Club floor upgrade granted Club access granted 2 beer / wine chits
CP Guangzhou City Centre - Spire Paid Lounge access

Hong Kong
CP Causeway Bay - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant 2 beer / wine chits for the Club@28 rooftop bar

Canada
CP Toronto Airport - Plat Amb Paid No benefits

United States
CP Detroit Downtown Riverfront - Plat Amb Award / PB Breakfast in restaurant
CP Los Angeles (LAX Airport) - Spire Paid & Award Lounge access (evening reception inc. beer/wine, morning breakfast items)
CP Seattle Airport - Spire Paid "Upgrade" and welcome amenity only - no f&b
CP Seattle Downtown - lounge permanently closed, full buffet breakfast in restaurant one of the welcome amenity options.
CP Washington Natl Airport - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant (don't eat there) 2 beer / wine chits
HI Washington Rosslyn @ Key Bridge - Plat Paid
Breakfast in restaurant

Japan
CP Fukuoka - Plat Paid & Award Lounge access & breakfast in restaurant possible
CP Kumamoto - Plat Award Breakfast in restaurant
CP Hiroshima - Plat Paid Lounge access
CP Narita - Plat
Paid Lounge access
CP Okayama - Spire Award / PB - 1 free drink, No other benefits
Print Wikipost

Lounge access / Breakfast at Crowne Plaza properties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by #1son
there is only one Champagne and it is French

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...Catalonia.html

maybe Delta is serving Ukrainian champanski on their MD 90 flights?
Moet & Chandon ist indeed real champagne, pretty common and nothing special but not too bad, but quite exceptional for CP lounges....
there is no champagne from the Ukraine, just sparkling wine....
1flyer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Moet & Chandon ist indeed real champagne, pretty common and nothing special but not too bad, but quite exceptional for CP lounges....
Agreed.

I'm actually quite surprised they serve Moet. If somebody had asked me to guess, I probably would have said cava.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by 1flyer
Agreed.

I'm actually quite surprised they serve Moet. If somebody had asked me to guess, I probably would have said cava.
Yeah. I'll take a complimentary bottle of Moet in a hotel lounge, let alone an airline's international business-class.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
CP Xi'an

I'm a Spire staying at the CP Xi'an in China on a reward stay. Was upgraded to an Executive Suite with Club Lounge Access. I was also given the option to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant, instead.
#1son likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I'm a Spire staying at the CP Xi'an in China on a reward stay. Was upgraded to an Executive Suite with Club Lounge Access. I was also given the option to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant, instead.
So, basically, the way other chains, except IHG, consistently treat their elites.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
So, basically, the way other chains, except IHG, consistently treat their elites.
Except they don't Marriott quite often doesn't allow you to have breakfast in the restaurant when you have lounge access and that approach is not uncommon at Hilton and Starwood too. CP's and IC's aren't alone in this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

Except they don't Marriott quite often doesn't allow you to have breakfast in the restaurant when you have lounge access and that approach is not uncommon at Hilton and Starwood too. CP's and IC's aren't alone in this.
A good number of the Marriott brands internationally give you this choice. Also, Hyatt gives you the choice of room service or restaurant/lounge.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
A good number of the Marriott brands internationally give you this choice. Also, Hyatt gives you the choice of room service or restaurant/lounge.
Would confess that I am not au fait with Hyatt as they don't have a footprint which works for me but I never stay in Marriotts in the US and most I encounter have restriction on breakfast outside the lounge where a lounge is present, so perhaps I am unlucky in my travel locations.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Is anybody able to clarify the current situation at the Crowne Plaza LAX for weekend stays? I've had Executive Floor upgrades every visit - but these have all been on week days with the lounge open so breakfast has been in the lounge. I see mention earlier in this thread of vouchers on the weekend - are these vouchers for a buffet? Or just a voucher for $x to buy something?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
CP Al Thuraya Kuwait

upgrade to suite

access to Club Lounge, where the food in the evening was substantial and surprisingly good

there are several things about this hotel I do not like but if you remind yourself you are in Kuwait, it is quite decent
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by #1son
CP Al Thuraya Kuwait

upgrade to suite

access to Club Lounge, where the food in the evening was substantial and surprisingly good

there are several things about this hotel I do not like but if you remind yourself you are in Kuwait, it is quite decent
Does Kuwait allow alcohol at hotels?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
nowhere in Kuwait does, it is dry
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Hotel: CP Gerrards Cross
IHG status(s): Spire
Paid / award night: Paid
Breakfast in restaurant: unsure – I think so
Upgrade to club floor: Granted
Club lounge access: Granted
Club lounge services / quality: evening drinks and nibbles, breakfast
Other comments: Club room includes free mini bar including beer and wine, whereas other rooms just have soft drinks.

(June 2018)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:04 pm

Hotel: CP Heythrop Park
IHG status(s): Platinum
Other comments: Offered points or drink on check in, waiting in the room was a plate of macarons. Chocolate covered fruit.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:05 pm

Hotel: CP Birmingham NEC
IHG status(s): Spire
Breakfast in restaurant: Yes - offered choice of parking or breakfast
Other comments: Also received points and small bottle of wine, upgraded to executive room. Was supposed to pay for parking but did not appear on the bill.

(June 2018)
thunderlounge likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.