Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:18 am

The package includes upgrade of status by 1 tier. Does this upgrade extend the status validity by another year? Let say I am gold till 2017. Does buying the package upgrades me to Plat till 2018 or my status still remain till 2017?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ARR72
Appears Spire Amb in the US are being affected by the delay as others in other countries have been receiving them on a timely basis.
NO WAY! I went from Plat to Spire Amb in September '15, renewed Spire Amb in Jan '16. Regardless of repeated requests still no new Amb packs for either, no points vouchers, no bogo certs, no nothing!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:01 am

Mrs EX's and my AMB membership needs to be renewed. If I renew during a stay at an IC is there any benefit compared with just direct renewal?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:17 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere...

Joined by "redeeming" 32,000 points. Received the 10% IHG Mastercard rebate.

Shows under Activity as: MASTERCARD 10% REBATE-OTHER REWARDS | 3,200 pts.
It's a beautiful thing... Hope to see my rebate soon. I rolled my Spire Choice benefit of 25,000 point into an AMB membership just today which all said and done will only cost 23,800 after rebate and included 5K cert. ^

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Does anyone know how long it takes for your status to change from Spire Elite to Ambassador Spire Elite? Is it overnight?
My screen shot of the membership transaction says "may take up to 72-hours to reflect this new balance" meaning the points I used (32K) but not sure if the same goes for status change.

It's been awhile since your post, how long did it take BlueHorizonUK?

Side note, my screen showed "Pending Gold Ambassador" even though I had been Platinum all year and actually turned Spire this morning... anybody else experience this?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
I just contacted the Cozumel Presidente about using my BOGO cert and credit card free night. The last time I stayed there I reserved a basic pool room and was upgraded (PLat Ambassador) in advance to the reef room. This time the concierge tells me no upgrades on BOGOs so would need to reserve the reef room ($600 + 17%tax) and no upgrades on CC night so would have to pay $300/night for a reef room. Is this something new or did I just luck out on my last stay?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by wilma
I just contacted the Cozumel Presidente about using my BOGO cert and credit card free night. The last time I stayed there I reserved a basic pool room and was upgraded (PLat Ambassador) in advance to the reef room. This time the concierge tells me no upgrades on BOGOs so would need to reserve the reef room ($600 + 17%tax) and no upgrades on CC night so would have to pay $300/night for a reef room. Is this something new or did I just luck out on my last stay?
i suggest paying more for your fist night for a nice room/suite, one category under what you want (if ambassador, two if RA), then back your BOGO night on to that and your free night after, they shouldn't move you after two nights.

you shld get the upgrade on the first night? i've never heard of not getting Ambassador/RA upgrade on the BOGOs, the first night is paid.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I think the issue is they aren't going to promise you a good upgrade against policy. But of course it does sometimes happen. You never know , I guess, that's the approach I take
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I think the issue is they aren't going to promise you a good upgrade against policy. But of course it does sometimes happen. You never know , I guess, that's the approach I take
OK, then is the the official policy "no upgrades on BOGOs"? That is one thing the hotel is telling me.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:21 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Tony300S
It's a beautiful thing... Hope to see my rebate soon. I rolled my Spire Choice benefit of 25,000 point into an AMB membership just today which all said and done will only cost 23,800 after rebate and included 5K cert. ^

My screen shot of the membership transaction says "may take up to 72-hours to reflect this new balance" meaning the points I used (32K) but not sure if the same goes for status change.

It's been awhile since your post, how long did it take BlueHorizonUK?

Side note, my screen showed "Pending Gold Ambassador" even though I had been Platinum all year and actually turned Spire this morning... anybody else experience this?
UPDATE: Just got the blank AMB email and my account is now updated to reflect Spire Ambassador in about 28-hours since sign up online. ^
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I renewed last year with the option of getting 10% back on my points, I also have the ihg credit card 10%, if I renew this year for 24k points will I get 2,400 + 2,400 points back?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Just a comment on the ongoing mystery regarding status extention when renewing Ambassador membership. My Ambassador year ends on 30 Sept. So, I renewed it yesterday. Prior to that, on my account status page, it had my (Platinum) elite status expiring on 12/31/2016. And now it has my Platinum Ambassador status expiring in September 2017. And my elite status expiring on 12/31/2017. BTW, I don't have enough YTD elite status points to even earn Gold status on its own.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
OK, then is the the official policy "no upgrades on BOGOs"? That is one thing the hotel is telling me.
BOGO counts as a normal paid stay to the best of knowlege, after all first night is booked at the highest nightly FLEX rate.
You are entitled to the normal paid stay benefits on the night, ie Upgrade, Movie, etc etc
You are also entitled to the same upgrade on the 2nd free night under a BOGO usage

If hotel incorrectly refuses upgrade/bennies on a bogo stay, at checkin, ask to see the gm/duty manager and if answr is still no, ask that manager to check with Amb Services whilst you wait, as you know full benefits apply on a bogo stay.

Regards CC free night, hotel is correct, no entitlement to Upgrades.

nb
warning, if as Ambassador/RA you ask/pay an upsell on a pair of bogo nights, eg Lounge Access, further room upgrade, that upsell fee is due for both the nights.
As such if wanting Club Lounge access, best advice is book room category including lounge access on first paid night , and you then get same lounge access foc on 2nd night (unlike if you upsell on arrival for lounge paying for 2nights lounge)
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:45 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I renewed last year with the option of getting 10% back on my points, I also have the ihg credit card 10%, if I renew this year for 24k points will I get 2,400 + 2,400 points back?
Yes, you will as long as that 10% AMB renewal option is still available. The IHG CC 10% is automatic on any points spend whether that be for reward nights, magazines or AMB memberships.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Ambassador member

Have been reading the board for months and appreciate all the information.
I have a question on my upcoming IC stay. We are heading to Pairs with family and have payed for Executive room and have a standard room on points at Le Grand. I would prefer the upgrade on the standard room for the girls. What is the likely hood of them upgrading both rooms? My other thought is contacting the Hotel and asking if our Executive room upgrade can be applied to our standard room. Worst case one of the girls will bunk with us.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mitchwebb
Ambassador member

Have been reading the board for months and appreciate all the information.
I have a question on my upcoming IC stay. We are heading to Pairs with family and have payed for Executive room and have a standard room on points at Le Grand. I would prefer the upgrade on the standard room for the girls. What is the likely hood of them upgrading both rooms? My other thought is contacting the Hotel and asking if our Executive room upgrade can be applied to our standard room. Worst case one of the girls will bunk with us.
I have had up to three rooms upgraded in all IC I have been. Some IC are very generous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.