Ambassador Programme Information

Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Did you receive a letter with you package? If so, you received the voucher.
I got a letter in my packet, no mention of the 5K points.

Are you implying they will post automatically upon receipt of packet?

Only certificate in my packet was the BOGO which is clearly marked and had a voucher code.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Tony300S
I got a letter in my packet, no mention of the 5K points.

Are you implying they will post automatically upon receipt of packet?

Only certificate in my packet was the BOGO which is clearly marked and had a voucher code.
i've received packs with the letter, and BOGO, with no code, give them a call, they may want you to PDF the letter to them, before putting the points in your account.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Did you receive a letter with you package? If so, you received the voucher.
Yeah it is very common for them to send out amb package w.out the points code. At least that is what happened to me
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Tony300S
UPDATE: Just received my AMB packet (new Spire AMB card, metal AMB luggage tag, BOBO Cert and official letter) over the weekend, so basically 4-weeks and a couple days since enrolling. ^

Have to take a second look through the packet as I also did not see the 5K bonus points..... as someone responded it may have been on the letter and just missed it.
I'm looking at my letter right now. Around the middle of the page, it reads as follows...

As an additional thank you for renewing your Ambassador membership we would like to reward you with:

- 15,000 bonus IHG Reward Club points. Visit ihgrewardsclub.com/deposit and enter (the 18-digit code)
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:20 pm

I just got my packet, which included a letter and the BOGO voucher, but the letter does not include a code for the 5000 points. It does say I've been upgraded from platinum to Spire, and can choose 25000 pts or gifting platinum to someone. Obviously, the 25k points is better than 5k, so should I just be happy for that, or am I supposed to also be getting the 5k pts that are advertised? I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth if the 25k was either a mistake or an act of kindness, but would still rather have the extra 5k if I'm supposed to be getting that too. Any ideas what's up? Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I just got my packet, which included a letter and the BOGO voucher, but the letter does not include a code for the 5000 points. It does say I've been upgraded from platinum to Spire, and can choose 25000 pts or gifting platinum to someone. Obviously, the 25k points is better than 5k, so should I just be happy for that, or am I supposed to also be getting the 5k pts that are advertised? I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth if the 25k was either a mistake or an act of kindness, but would still rather have the extra 5k if I'm supposed to be getting that too. Any ideas what's up? Thanks!
Are you saying that you had just signed-up/renewed your Ambassador membership? Or that you have had it for a while and now moved up in status from Platinum to Spire, and that is why you've received a new packet? Because the former entitles you to the Ambassador bonus points. The latter does not (although as some have reported in the past, you do get a new BOGO certificate; plus a new "updated" card).
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:22 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I'm looking at my letter right now. Around the middle of the page, it reads as follows...

As an additional thank you for renewing your Ambassador membership we would like to reward you with:

- 15,000 bonus IHG Reward Club points. Visit ihgrewardsclub.com/deposit and enter (the 18-digit code)
Nope here's my letter attached, I'll be calling them later to request the points.

Interesting in the wording is Plat AMB to Spire AMB, which is wrong. I never signed up for AMB until AFTER I was already Spire because in fact I used those choice bonus points to pay for it. So basically I think they just gave me the wrong letter in my packet.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:34 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Just called Ambassador service center @ Tel: (US & Canada): 1-888-211-7996

Explained AMB letter issue to agent, she manually added the 5,000 bonus points while on the phone which instantly posted. Listed as "Goodwill Adjustment", a painless use of 2-minutes this morning. ^
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:02 pm

Are you saying that you had just signed-up/renewed your Ambassador membership? Or that you have had it for a while and now moved up in status from Platinum to Spire, and that is why you've received a new packet? Because the former entitles you to the Ambassador bonus points. The latter does not (although as some have reported in the past, you do get a new BOGO certificate; plus a new "updated" card).
My story seems to be the same as Tony's, i.e., I am a Spire, but have never been Ambassador. I bought it with points a few weeks ago, and package just came (pretty quickly). The letter said I've been upgraded from platinum to spire, which isn't right bc I was already Spire. But, my online account gave the choice of my Spire benefit, so it's another 25k points for me. It's nice, because I wasn't going to requalify, so now my Spire lasts through next year instead of ending this year, although I don't think there's much difference from what I can tell beyond the 25k points.

Based on Tony's report, I'll plan to call for the extra 5000 pts too.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbw5t
My story seems to be the same as Tony's, i.e., I am a Spire, but have never been Ambassador. I bought it with points a few weeks ago, and package just came (pretty quickly). The letter said I've been upgraded from platinum to spire, which isn't right bc I was already Spire. But, my online account gave the choice of my Spire benefit, so it's another 25k points for me. It's nice, because I wasn't going to requalify, so now my Spire lasts through next year instead of ending this year, although I don't think there's much difference from what I can tell beyond the 25k points.

Based on Tony's report, I'll plan to call for the extra 5000 pts too.
Hmm.. it kind of looks like what they did was send you the "updated" packet to reflect your Spire status instead of what should have been the normal packet sent out to people who had just renewed or signed-up up for Ambassador membership. Before you signed up for Ambassador membership, had you received a packet from IHG with your new Spire (non-Ambassador) status card and letter?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:41 am

Question Changes to AMB Upgrades to club floor?

[mods, if this is considered thread hijacking, please move appropriately]

i checked in to IC JKT yesterday and was told on check-in that as i booked the room type below the executive room, my upgrade would not qualify for lounge access in the future but they would give me access out of goodwill this time.

when connecting to the internet i filled out the arrival survey asking specifically about a clarification on this but didn't get a response.

wondering if this is specific to this property or a general change. if so, i'll clearly not extend ambassador...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by nvoi
[mods, if this is considered thread hijacking, please move appropriately]

i checked in to IC JKT yesterday and was told on check-in that as i booked the room type below the executive room, my upgrade would not qualify for lounge access in the future but they would give me access out of goodwill this time.

when connecting to the internet i filled out the arrival survey asking specifically about a clarification on this but didn't get a response.

wondering if this is specific to this property or a general change. if so, i'll clearly not extend ambassador...
The Ambassador Program T&Cs were amended on September 1, 2016.

The hotel is correct in stating that you are not entitled to Club Lounge access, unless you pay for it.

See attached:

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions

mxm135
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Hmm.. it kind of looks like what they did was send you the "updated" packet to reflect your Spire status instead of what should have been the normal packet sent out to people who had just renewed or signed-up up for Ambassador membership. Before you signed up for Ambassador membership, had you received a packet from IHG with your new Spire (non-Ambassador) status card and letter?
Yes, that's what we're saying. As stated I was already Spire BEFORE enrolling in AMB and had received my Spire card 2 or so weeks before my AMB packet arrived.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by MXM135
The Ambassador Program T&Cs were amended on September 1, 2016.
How could I miss that... I've had about 150 room nights with IHG this year - will very likely take them to Hilton or MarWood, then where I currently have near no nights...
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:35 am

I just renewed my membership so I can get the 10% back in points offer. I renewed my membership early and now have an expiry of Jan 2018 so I was wondering when the 12 months starts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.