Ambassador Programme Information

Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Curious, if I sign up for Ambassador now, will I be able to get my BOGO cert by Jan. 26th?

I'm located East coast, making some calculations to see if the AMB status would be worth it.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
5,000 PC points voucher

I ve recently joined Ambassador and recently received my membership pack, but alas the 5,000 PC points voucher code was missing.

Apparently this is a known issue by IHG at present as the email reply is quoted below.
''The 5,000 welcome bonus points is indeed one of the benefits included with the enrollment, however, we currently have issues with the Welcome Letters not showing the voucher number for these points.''

The points have been posted manually, but have not been included as EQP and are shown as a goodwill adjustment. Is this correct? or should they count as EQP's?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
I see my last points for signing up for Amb showed as a bonus voucher, so only bonus. I believe the one from the year before was the same. I do not believe they are intended to be qualifying points.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by meraki1990
Curious, if I sign up for Ambassador now, will I be able to get my BOGO cert by Jan. 26th?

I'm located East coast, making some calculations to see if the AMB status would be worth it.

I got my last set in about a month. I think I've read that's pretty good. To try three weeks or so would be very optimistic I'm afraid. I hope it works out for you. Happy travels!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Lenflyer64
I see my last points for signing up for Amb showed as a bonus voucher, so only bonus. I believe the one from the year before was the same. I do not believe they are intended to be qualifying points.
Thanks for that,

The Wikki on this thread is rather old and suggests that they were previously treated as qualifying points.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:26 pm

Good catch. I hadn't noticed that part. I can't edit the wiki as I don't have enough posts yet. Maybe someone will come along and update with what their recent knowledge allows. It has a lot out of date.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Thumbs down

T&Cs updated. Upgrade exclusion list increased very much. Especially 2 Seoul hotels and Bali Resort are ridiculous!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Is an ambassador renewal still not counting as travel for cc bonus categories? Wanted to make sure before I busted out the Freedom Unlimited for my upcoming renewal.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jrc1896
Is an ambassador renewal still not counting as travel for cc bonus categories? Wanted to make sure before I busted out the Freedom Unlimited for my upcoming renewal.
Still 1x I can confirm
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Still 1x I can confirm
Unfortunate, but thank you for the information.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
I ve recently joined Ambassador and recently received my membership pack, but alas the 5,000 PC points voucher code was missing.

Apparently this is a known issue by IHG at present as the email reply is quoted below.
''The 5,000 welcome bonus points is indeed one of the benefits included with the enrollment, however, we currently have issues with the Welcome Letters not showing the voucher number for these points.''

The points have been posted manually, but have not been included as EQP and are shown as a goodwill adjustment. Is this correct? or should they count as EQP's?
my ambassador kit did not include the 5000 point voucher so i called up their customer service they were able to post the 5000 points instantly.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
The wiki says there are no blackout dates.

However I've just searched around a dozen 2-night weekend dates in Aug/Sep/Oct at the two Las Vegas properties. Both have best flex and adv pur rooms available for all nights including the most basic suites.

Both are telling me
The Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night rate is not available. However, you may still book a room for the selected date(s).
or
No rooms exactly matching your preferences were found. The following room types are available.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tangey
The wiki says there are no blackout dates.

However I've just searched around a dozen 2-night weekend dates in Aug/Sep/Oct at the two Las Vegas properties. Both have best flex and adv pur rooms available for all nights including the most basic suites.

Both are telling me

or
Blackout dates are different to no availability, the dates you have selected could be sold out for the rate you have selected, which will have availability less than other rates such as best flex etc.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:50 am

I just received my 1st Ambassador package in the mail. The BOGO voucher was inside, but there was no voucher for 5000 points, no matter how hard I searched. I guess this is an error on IHG's part?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
There is no voucher. Just a code mentioned in the covering letter. Many people expect a voucher and throw that covering letter away, not thinking that the code is on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.