Ambassador Programme Information

Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:50 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 336
How do you guys respond when a hotel does not honour the ambassador upgrade?
Point out that as an Ambassador at an IC, you are entitled to a GUARANTEED room upgrade if there is availability. (and of course its a qualified booking, eg cash only OR BOGO cert)

Points stays etc amb benefits do not apply!

If there is no availability, your current room rate must be REDUCED.

So before checking in, do a quick booking check for availability of rooms above your category. E.G, club room, look at junior suite. Superior room, look at deluxe room. Depends on hotel. This equips you with tool to rebut the claim that there is no room available.

Know your rights as an ambassador, if the hotel still wants to make things difficult, remember the Front Desk's name and email amb svcs.

TIP : Using the IHG app to book from my experience (for intercontinentals) the front desk will usually upgrade your room prior to stay (qualified bookings). And you can actually see it. After booking a club room at IC Singapore ($500sgd), it was upgraded to Shophouse Suite ($800sgd) a few days after booking, and a week before the stay it upgraded again to executive suite ($1200sgd).
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:02 am

Saw in the app a few days before my stay at IC Avenue Marceau that I was upgraded, but got changed back to initial booking 1 day before my arrival.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Point out that as an Ambassador at an IC, you are entitled to a GUARANTEED room upgrade if there is availability. (and of course its a qualified booking, eg cash only OR BOGO cert)

Points stays etc amb benefits do not apply!

If there is no availability, your current room rate must be REDUCED.

So before checking in, do a quick booking check for availability of rooms above your category. E.G, club room, look at junior suite. Superior room, look at deluxe room. Depends on hotel. This equips you with tool to rebut the claim that there is no room available.

Know your rights as an ambassador, if the hotel still wants to make things difficult, remember the Front Desk's name and email amb svcs.

TIP : Using the IHG app to book from my experience (for intercontinentals) the front desk will usually upgrade your room prior to stay (qualified bookings). And you can actually see it. After booking a club room at IC Singapore ($500sgd), it was upgraded to Shophouse Suite ($800sgd) a few days after booking, and a week before the stay it upgraded again to executive suite ($1200sgd).
Can this be done if I use the voucher as well? Im assuming the answer is yes just want to double check.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
Can this be done if I use the voucher as well? Im assuming the answer is yes just want to double check.
upgrades will apply to a BOGO or paid qual night

from experience at checkins I know from IC Bangkok that CC Nights do not need to be upgraded as when i used a bogo the first (only) time there, mentioning I had a cert, the lady quickly asked what type as if CC there is no upgrade

So looks like Amb/RA guaranteed upgrade does not apply to either award or CC nights

Last edited by scubaccr; Sep 30, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
upgrades will apply to a BOGO or paid qual night

from experience at checkins I know from IC Bangkok that CC Nights do not need to be upgraded as when i used a bogo the first (only) time their mentioning I had a cert, the lay quickly asked what type as if CC there is no upgrade

So looks like Amb/RA guaranteed upgrade does not apply to either award or CC nights
Fantastic it is the BOGO certificate!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:58 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Just finished a 2-night stay with BOGO cert. with this scenario, i kindly asked for the Ambassador Suite ($1,800sgd) and received successfully for both nights.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Ambassador Programm Information

I forget where I read this, but I have gone from gold>platinum in the last few weeks. I am six months into my AMB year. Will I receive a new ambassador package?(with another bogo??)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I forget where I read this, but I have gone from gold>platinum in the last few weeks. I am six months into my AMB year. Will I receive a new ambassador package?(with another bogo??)
Normally card only

Only get full a second full pack when changing from Amassador to RA
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Quote:

Normally card only

Only get full a second full pack when changing from Amassador to RA
That makes sense. Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:51 pm

I'm on my second year of AMB membership, but I can't remember the details of how the BOGO certificate works. I'm trying to book 3 nights (Fri-Mon) at IC in Cancun. When I choose the AMB Cert rate, the price (price per night and total price) listed is still the same as the best available rate. When I check in and present the cert, is the price of the 2nd night deducted then? The 3rd night?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm on my second year of AMB membership, but I can't remember the details of how the BOGO certificate works. I'm trying to book 3 nights (Fri-Mon) at IC in Cancun. When I choose the AMB Cert rate, the price (price per night and total price) listed is still the same as the best available rate. When I check in and present the cert, is the price of the 2nd night deducted then? The 3rd night?
They will deduct the cost of the 2nd night upon check in
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:45 pm

Thanks. But if I book 3 weekend nights (Fri, Sat, Sun), you're sure they'll deduct the 2nd night even if the 3rd night costs more or less than the 2nd night?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:11 pm

Quote:

Thanks. But if I book 3 weekend nights (Fri, Sat, Sun), you're sure they'll deduct the 2nd night even if the 3rd night costs more or less than the 2nd night?
I've only used them on two night reservations, and they always deduct the cost of the second night, however, generally you pay more for the AMB rate, you should see if it would be cheaper booking the third night seperately.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:36 pm

For longer stays I book the Bogo as 2nights fri/sat. or sat/sun depending which of Sat or Sun nights is costlier for the best value.

I then book the nights before/after the bogo night pair separately either as. Cheaper BAR or discounted company rate rather than pay the higher flex rates for non bogo nights too

Like all multi night reservations you see the average room rate displayed
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:10 am

I've purchased an ambassador status yesterday but the status is not showing up in my account.
How long it takes the status to be reflected in the account?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.