Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by khabah
Just completed a first-time stay using an Ambassador free night certificate, and received no points for the stay. I received one night's credit to my account, which is consistent with the industry where free night certificates don't get you a night but the paid/points ones do, but it was unusual not to receive points for the paid night. I called into the service line, and after checking they told me that all stays using an Ambassador FNC don't qualify as points-eligible rates, even if there's a paid night to the weekend stay.

Is this true? If so, lessons learned and expectations tempered for next time.

khabah
Fill out a Missing Points form, and it will be rectified.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: NZ
Yes, you should get the points for the one night you paid for. I'd contact the Ambassador people on [email protected], explain what happened and you should get a quick resolution.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I recently used a AMB FWNC at IC Bali Sanur and the stay posted without a hitch even as 2 qualifying nights and the promo bonus as well.

So definitely it earns (minimum) one qualifying night and the full spend. Raise to Ambassador services as others shared.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Raised to the Ambassador email kindly provided above; they apologized for the incorrect information given to me by the contact center team, offered some goodwill points and said the points should post within the next three days.

Sigh, the telephone line continues to be more frustrating than it's worth. Thanks for the tips, FT - appreciate it!

khabah
Rare, EDIflyer and minz56 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is there a link to check for Ambassador sign up offers? I haven't received any on a brand new account in a year.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Is there a link to check for Ambassador sign up offers? I haven't received any on a brand new account in a year.
I don't believe there are any offers at the moment. The last offer I remember was when you got 20K bonus points after staying 2 nights which they ran last year. Applied to new Ambassador sign-ups and renewals.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by minz56
I don't believe there are any offers at the moment. The last offer I remember was when you got 20K bonus points after staying 2 nights which they ran last year. Applied to new Ambassador sign-ups and renewals.
Yeah I still have the promo email from my old account:

Enjoy 20K bonus points when you join Ambassador
Treat yourself to the indulgences you deserve with InterContinental® Ambassador. Join now through 31 December 2022 then stay two nights with InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts by 31 January 2023 and receive 20,000 bonus points.*

Join InterContinental® Ambassador today for USD200 or for 40,000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.