Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: NZ
I got the F&B credit at the IC Wellington for a boooking made on my behalf by my sister through a travel agent.

However it will be up to individual hotels as to what they offer. I would email the hotel advising them of your Ambassador details without actually mentioning the benefits, then you might get lucky at check in.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Anyone know which IC this is overlooking the water?

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental.../us/en/loyalty

Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
San Diego
Admiral Ackbar and js1993 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 10:18 pm

Is the Ambassador night not supposed to be reflected in the price breakdown at booking? It says it is the free weekend night rate, but every night has a price next to it in the breakdown.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: IHG DA, HH Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is the Ambassador night not supposed to be reflected in the price breakdown at booking? It says it is the free weekend night rate, but every night has a price next to it in the breakdown.
Correct. Sometimes they will adjust the rate after you book the reservation, or they will just do it at checkin. Double check the rate at checkin.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
In my experience of using this rate / the certificate a number of years already, the respective IC has always confirmed with me at the time of check-in that the AWN rate has been booked (incl. verification of the eligibility criteria) and that the price of the second weekend night will be zeroed at the time of check-out / payment. Until that moment everything will continue looking like a "normal" booking. I have never had a single issue in that respect.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: IHG
How recent is the reduction in Ambassador F+B credit? Now $20/£15/€15 ?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I can report IC AMS did AMB €15 credit off F&B
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Free Weekend Night

I have a weekend night stay booked for January but just realized the stay is 2 weeks after my renewal date. I assume I'm OK since it let me book it but wondering if anybody else has had this situation.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by badrabbit
I have a weekend night stay booked for January but just realized the stay is 2 weeks after my renewal date. I assume I'm OK since it let me book it but wondering if anybody else has had this situation.
The app assumes you will renew. The free bogo you booked should have an expiration date, although it will allow you to book beyond that date however be prepared to pay the full rate at the hotel if you don’t renew and the certificate has expired. Know of a first hand experience where this was the case.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:16 pm

My free weekend night certificate expires on September 1.
If I make a booking checking in on September 1 and checking out on September 4, can I use the certificate?

There are two questions here really:
Is it valid until September 1, inclusive, or is it actually only valid through August 31 because it expires on September 1?
Does it need to be valid at checkin time, checkout time, or both?

Thank you for any insight.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:40 pm

If it says that it is valid until (expires on) 1.9, then it is valid also on 1.9 - however I find that a bit puzzling, my understanding has always been that IHG uses end-of-period tracking, but I could be wrong ...

To your second question, the certificate must be valid and present in your rewards wallet on the day of checking out (as this is when you settle your bill and the second weekend night fare deduction takes place).
Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:24 pm

Okay, that's what I feared, since September 1 is a Friday then it doesn't matter whether it's 8/31 or 9/1, it won't be valid either way, since I can't check out of a 2-night weekend stay on a Friday.
I totally forgot this was expiring so soon, oh well.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:57 pm

If you have a specific stay in mind that you would like to do, I suggest contacting Ambassador Customer Service, you could get a 1-month extension if you ask nicely.
willoL likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Just completed a first-time stay using an Ambassador free night certificate, and received no points for the stay. I received one night's credit to my account, which is consistent with the industry where free night certificates don't get you a night but the paid/points ones do, but it was unusual not to receive points for the paid night. I called into the service line, and after checking they told me that all stays using an Ambassador FNC don't qualify as points-eligible rates, even if there's a paid night to the weekend stay.

Is this true? If so, lessons learned and expectations tempered for next time.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.