Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 6:01 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Ambassador Programme Information

This newly created thread is dedicated to discussion and information about the Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Programm. It was taken from the former master thread about the programm, which was once created by Raffles, which has been edited. Since we think, that everybody should have the ability to add new information and discuss this topic with a dedicated thread, this one was created.

The Wiki at the top of the thread can be edited by flyertalker who has 90 post and is registered on flyertalker for more than 90 days.

The previous discussion of Priority Club / IHG Rewards Club and Ambassador Programm could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

This thread is now closed.

FLYGVA & szg
moderator of the IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 4, 2015 at 10:29 am
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Hi all,

haven't found the answer to my question by search...
Can soneone tell me if the ambassador 5000points voucher should still count as elite qualifying points? Like on wiki written it seems so, but after deposition of the points they don't show as qualifying in my account.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by fairchecker; Jan 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm Reason: editing after move of post
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by fairchecker
Hi all,

Can soneone tell me if the ambassador 5000points voucher should still count as elite qualifying points? Like on wiki written it seems so, but after deposition of the points they don't show as qualifying in my account.

Thanks in advance!
Since Jan2013, only earned qualifying rate (including incdentals f+b) monies count towards qualifying points.
(And some paid for bonuses as part of a reservation option of 1k/2k/5k as a booking option are qualifying)

All other points gained, voucher-codes, bonuses, purchases, promos, 50% plat bonus etc , are non-qualifing (and that non-qual includes the 5k Ambassador points on renewal)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
my points certificate post as elite qualifying though. (I just post it 2 months back)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
my points certificate post as elite qualifying though. (I just post it 2 months back)
Mine did not and I posted mine 2 months ago as well, there seems to be no pattern.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I purchased Ambassador last year in May and have so far not stayed in any InterContinental hotels... Clever i know.

Now if i want to go for Royal Ambassador status this year, whats the best way to go about this? If i have 10 nights before my renewal and 10 nights later in the year along with another 40 paid IHG stays, will i qualify then or will all stays need to be from when after i renew?

I joined using points as i'll be redeeming a lot of points this year and wanted the 10% rebate for $200 when offered...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by snevillio
I purchased Ambassador last year in May and have so far not stayed in any InterContinental hotels... Clever i know.

Now if i want to go for Royal Ambassador status this year, whats the best way to go about this? If i have 10 nights before my renewal and 10 nights later in the year along with another 40 paid IHG stays, will i qualify then or will all stays need to be from when after i renew?

I joined using points as i'll be redeeming a lot of points this year and wanted the 10% rebate for $200 when offered...
If you want to qualify for RA status, you will need 60 nights (including 20 IC nights in three different locations) within the 365 days following your ambassador renewal.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by emurray077
If you want to qualify for RA status, you will need 60 nights (including 20 IC nights in three different locations) within the 365 days following your ambassador renewal.
Thankyou for that, so its a year from signing up/renewing rather than a calendar year like the other IHG statuses...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by fairchecker
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
I've called the ambassador desk, the short answer was that the 5000 points do not count as elite qualifying.

BR
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Thankyou for that, so its a year from signing up/renewing rather than a calendar year like the other IHG statuses...
Correct. It is referred to as the "ambassador year" rather than the "calendar year".
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:32 pm

Assuming you clocked up at least 40nights at qualifying rates at non-IC's like HIE/HI/CP since May post buying Ambassador (and remember award nights do NOT count as part of 60nights needed to qualify as RA),

Then before your Ambassador year expires, you need 20x paid qualifying IC nights in at least 3x different IC hotels.

If you do not make IC stays this year by May, you can repurchase/extend Ambassador for us$150/200 and as soon as you complete 20 IC nights get RA

The RA qualifying check is a rolling 365 days, so eg 10 IX nights in Feb2015 and 10 IC nights in August 2015 would meet the IC 20nights requirements.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Silver/MM, IHG Platinum/RA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Question: My ambassador renewal month is August 2015. I got upgraded to RA status this month and when I got my RA card, the expiration date printed was August 2015 which matches my Ambassador status. When I renew my Ambassador in August, will I maintain my RA status then?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Iflynwa
When I renew my Ambassador in August, will I maintain my RA status then?
You won't be able to renew it. Either IHG will extend your RA status till August 2016 or they'll downgrade you to Platinum Ambassador for free.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Two questions, one probably stupid.

First, I got Gold status recently. Got my first IC stay in San Francisco next month.
If I were to buy Ambassador, what, if anything happens, with regards to the automatic gold status that comes with it?

i.e. nothing as I'm already gold; it adds an extra year or extends this year etc?

Secondly, the weekend certificate.
Are these only useable at the weekend? Looking at a midweek stay in Hong Kong rather than a weekend.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Two questions, one probably stupid.

First, I got Gold status recently. Got my first IC stay in San Francisco next month.
If I were to buy Ambassador, what, if anything happens, with regards to the automatic gold status that comes with it?

i.e. nothing as I'm already gold; it adds an extra year or extends this year etc?

Secondly, the weekend certificate.
Are these only useable at the weekend? Looking at a midweek stay in Hong Kong rather than a weekend.

Bogo is Thurs-Sat Middle East (the M. E. weekend) and Fri-Sun in other areas. Bogo can not be used midweek

Ambassador status does not follow Jan-Dec calendar year. Instead a rolling 12month starting first full month after signing up (in effect apply early in month to get almost 13months in first year) and unless you qualify during 12months as Platinum , you keep to Amb-Gold that 12months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.