Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:31 am

I have a question about the upgrades to room categories. I have a 4 night stay in London coming up and want to use some free nights at the IC Park Lane. I realize per the terms that room upgrades are for paid stays, not award stays. I need the upgrade because I cannot fit 2 adults and a teenager in the basic award sized room, but the hotel has informed me I can pay 35 GBP per night to upgrade to Superior and have a complimentary roll-away bed. So, OK, I can get behind the bigger (slightly) room with 3 person occupancy for 140 GBP for the trip. Or I can buy the Ambassador status and maybe get upgraded anyway.

So 1st question is, July 2-6 seems like a busy time in London, is there even a snowballs chance in hell of getting an upgrade as an Ambassador on a completely reward stay?

2nd question is, if I pay the first night, then use 3 award days, will that allow for an upgrade that lasts all 4 days?

In the grand scheme of things, L 140 for 4 nights is perfectly reasonable for London in July. Not complaining at all. I was just thinking about other benefits, staying at other ICs, etc. and whether it is worth it to buy up to the status. I am absolutely not concerned with any of the other benefits for this specific trip. yes, a welcome gift and fruit and water is all peachy (we all see what I did there, right?), but I really want to avoid paying for 2 rooms, or paying the upgrade if I can get it with an Ambassador purchase that will have benefits the whole year.

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
If you're staying on a reward night, will you still be offered the points/free drink on arrival at a Hotel? Or is that just for paid stays?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by iFlip23
If you're staying on a reward night, will you still be offered the points/free drink on arrival at a Hotel? Or is that just for paid stays?
Almost always is my experience.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Does anyone know if you can use the BOGO from Sat-Mon? I know its usually Fri-Sun or in Middle East region Thur-Sat.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Plesse delete

Last edited by fairchecker; Mar 4, 2015 at 3:33 pm Reason: Misread THW question
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Does anyone know if you can use the BOGO from Sat-Mon? I know its usually Fri-Sun or in Middle East region Thur-Sat.
Do you mean Saturday and Sunday nights? Yes, that's allowed outside of the Middle East as a standard weekend.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Do you mean Saturday and Sunday nights? Yes, that's allowed outside of the Middle East as a standard weekend.
Cool good to know, I've always used it from Fri-Sun and never Sat-Mon.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG
Question Can I buy Ambassador when I check in?

For a trip next year, can I wait until check in to buy Ambassador?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by bigjimbo99
Yes you can and usually the best time. They usually give you a better upgrade and depending on the location might give you Lounge access too, but thats not normal for Ambassador.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by bigjimbo99
I benefited more from buying Amb prior to making a booking at an IC. I was in email and phone contact with the hotel straight after making the booking as I had to organise several things prior to my arrival. My Amb status proved to be very useful in sorting things out quickly and efficiently. I was also given a room upgrade which was guaranteed by the hotel via email, a very early check-in, and also heavily discounted Club Lounge access.

Having all of this in place prior to travelling tasted very sweet indeed.

I know that that many people advise buying Amb upon check-in but I don't know how lucky you would be with getting some perks at that time. YMMV.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Yes you can and usually the best time. They usually give you a better upgrade and depending on the location might give you Lounge access too, but thats not normal for Ambassador.
When I "buy" Ambassador upon check-in, can I pay with points?
Old May 18, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Carel1
When I "buy" Ambassador upon check-in, can I pay with points?
No, if you join the Ambassador program at a property you'll have to pay the cash price.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by JDavis625
No, if you join the Ambassador program at a property you'll have to pay the cash price.
Thank you for the answer. I will join the Ambassador program online.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:11 am

I just renewed today, but current membership expires in June. I have an award stay booked for late June that I'm considering changing to a paid stay, IF I can get the BOGO cert in time. Will I likely get the BOGO cert in time to make that booking? Will I even be able to use it for June since the current membership ends in June?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
Thumbs up New Member

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Gold Ambassador

I actually have not yet stayed in an IC hotel so I cannot rate the experience, I just now signed up for Ambassador status.

What I can speak of is this though: I ordered exactly six weeks before my anniversary and was worried I might not get the welcome kit with the free nights stay in time - we'd still be making the trip but the free night would be nice!
Rather than arriving in 6-8 weeks as quoted, I received the welcome kit in 9 days!

We'll be staying at the IC in Dallas next month. Here's to hoping it goes well! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.