FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
2nd pack turned up this week - still same expiration date (1 Aug) but also another 5,000 point code and another BOGO voucher - as well as another card and bag tag.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Markie
2nd pack turned up this week - still same expiration date (1 Aug) but also another 5,000 point code and another BOGO voucher - as well as another card and bag tag.
I'm really happy to see that you are getting compensated for the delay.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:01 am

I think the email response from AMB as now turned into a standard template, they even left the <xxxxxxxx> (brackets around) the bits they inserted into the reply regarding the late arrival of the kits.

email responce...

We apologize for the delay in the delivery of your Ambassador - Spire membership portfolio. We would like to advise you that our vendor is still finalizing the production of the new materials showing the new Elite Status. Hence, we are unable to send you a replacement portfolio at this time.

Rest assured that while you are waiting for your portfolio, you may enjoy your Ambassador - Spire benefits and privileges with the exception of the Complimentary Weekend Night privilege, simply by quoting your Ambassador account <XXXXXXX> when making reservations or upon arrival at an InterContinental Hotel.

In addition to this, members may also choose to book the "Ambassador Certificate Rate (IBAMB)" anytime in advance, regardless if the portfolio had not been received, or is currently in transit. This has been made possible for members to secure the Ambassador Rate available, since the "Ambassador Certificate Rate (IBAMB)" are subjected to limited availability and rate may vary from time to time.

A phone call in a couple of days I think, I had two possible weekend usage in March for the cert. They more than likely (never say never) will both go to hilton now for the lounge access. :-)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TMM1982
You guys who aren't getting compensation:

They aren't going to offer points on a silver platter. You need to be forceful and to some extent, jerkish. Complain, if they don't offer anything, then just threaten to cancel your AMB status for a full refund if your Spire kit is not received within 10 business days. They will step into line at this point.
I was told that in order for them to offer compensatory points, you need to have waited at least 7 weeks from date of sign-up. I signed up Dec. 19 at an IC hotel (and was told I'd receive the packet in 4 weeks).

She also told me I could book the BOGO offer with a hotel, then when my cert hadn't arrived in time for the stay the hotel could charge me the nightly rate--when I do receive the cert, send it to the hotel so they would credit what I paid on my cc. I just said you're kidding, right, you think I'm dumb enough to do that??!!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
I was told that in order for them to offer compensatory points, you need to have waited at least 7 weeks from date of sign-up. I signed up Dec. 19 at an IC hotel (and was told I'd receive the packet in 4 weeks).
4-6 weeks in the T&C's and email today saying the supplier is still producing the spire ambassador packs. Anyone received a spire amabassador card yet?

I re-joined in January because of some pending stays in March and one was a friday/saturday night.

Thought worth the benefits for 32k points and use the cert straight away to save the 2nd night money etc etc.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I got the card and voucher in a letter 3 weeks ago. No sign of the pack or my bonus points.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Raffles
I got the card and voucher in a letter 3 weeks ago. No sign of the pack or my bonus points.
Good to see the temporary packs are reaching London at least - haven't got mine yet so probably time to chase them again (and ask for written confirmation that IC SF will honour booking w/o voucher, or else I'll need to book elsewhere...)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:17 am

Got my pack 3 weeks after extending, added the 10k code on Friday, got another 5k AMB extension posted today.

Regarding the pack - why do they keep sending this luggage tag? Extending members should be given points rather than the third luggage tag...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:33 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I was a Royal Ambassador since the program started, this year was downgraded to Ambassador and will not renew. I was told 4 times (!) that my portfolio was mailed, and to date I have yet to receive it. It's been due since July or August. Twice I made reservations, told Ambassador services confirmed that I will be charged for only 1 night since they advised management of production delays... and on both times I was charged for that 2nd night.

All they offered was to extend the Ambassador membership by 3 months. I passed, cancelled all future IC reservations and while I'll keep booking some Crowne Plaza's in cities where they are well situated (primarily overseas, where membership benefits are a lot more meaningful), domestically I'll stick with higher-end properties from Starwood and Marriott. Those brands appreciate members that have been with them for 15-20 years, and beyond lifetime memberships they have been delivering on benefits a lot more consistently than IC has, at least for me. So long IC
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
I was a Royal Ambassador since the program started, this year was downgraded to Ambassador and will not renew. I was told 4 times (!) that my portfolio was mailed, and to date I have yet to receive it. It's been due since July or August. Twice I made reservations, told Ambassador services confirmed that I will be charged for only 1 night since they advised management of production delays... and on both times I was charged for that 2nd night.

All they offered was to extend the Ambassador membership by 3 months. I passed, cancelled all future IC reservations and while I'll keep booking some Crowne Plaza's in cities where they are well situated (primarily overseas, where membership benefits are a lot more meaningful), domestically I'll stick with higher-end properties from Starwood and Marriott. Those brands appreciate members that have been with them for 15-20 years, and beyond lifetime memberships they have been delivering on benefits a lot more consistently than IC has, at least for me. So long IC
anyone that has earned RA for 10 years or more should be RA for life.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I have been a Royal Ambassador since 2008, my RA was renewed in August. No RA pack has been delivered so far, I contacted the Ambassador Service a couple of times (Nov 2015 and a week ago), I was told that the pack was not ready.

I don't think I will get anything for this membership year...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:03 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I asked them if they have any plans to offer lifetime memberships for the standard IHG program (I'll probably meet any published guidelines) and/or for Ambassador. At the moment they have no such plans. Shame...
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:56 pm

my two cents about "lifetime" status. I got lifetime Platinum with PC as a SCC elite when SCC became Ambassador and joined PC. With the introduction of Spire I value the benefit of Platinum very low. I doubt that there is any program/company with a significant better record regarding longtime consistency of benefits. Not that I dont like the idea of lifetime status, but Im very skeptical about its value.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
my two cents about "lifetime" status. I got lifetime Platinum with PC as a SCC elite when SCC became Ambassador and joined PC. With the introduction of Spire I value the benefit of Platinum very low. I doubt that there is any program/company with a significant better record regarding longtime consistency of benefits. Not that I dont like the idea of lifetime status, but Im very skeptical about its value.
even if it doesn't last for life, one can enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts^

life' short, you just never know
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I have been a Royal Ambassador since 2008, my RA was renewed in August. No RA pack has been delivered so far, I contacted the Ambassador Service a couple of times (Nov 2015 and a week ago), I was told that the pack was not ready.

I don't think I will get anything for this membership year...
This is getting ridiculous now, I also haven't had anything since renewing in August. 6 months, no apology. no BOGO voucher etc. Feels more like a 2 fingered salute to a longstanding RA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.