FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by drod
I also renewed several months ago (Sept/Oct??), and I'm still waiting. When I last called them to see what was going, I was told that I will be issued two BOGO certs. Has anyone else heard that? I haven't seen anyone mention that in the last couple pages of comments.
I would totally get that in writing! Have The CSR send you an email confirming that 2 BOGOs is what you are being compensated with & have them send the email while you are on the phone. Also ask them to include their full name.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
Asked for points

Their response was a 4 month extension of my Royal Ambassador to 1 January 2017. Definitely a case of YMMV. Oh it also triggered a Spire reset to 31 December 2017.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by chistery
Same here. I was told if I haven't received it two weeks before I need to use the bogof cert in March, call them and they'll contact the hotel and sort it out.
I tried this. An upcoming stay next week. They said that I had 2 weeks after my stay to send in the voucher or I would be billed the full flex rate for both nights. I pointed out that no-one has any vouchers, and that was the whole reason I was emailing.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I have emailed both the Ambassador and the IHG account on a monthly basis since October. Useless responses, the usual, we've got a problem, wait 4-6 weeks. Last email said I could PHONE the hotel I want to book in and see if they would accept a BOGO booking without the voucher but they were not obliged to and I would still need the voucher by the time I stayed (APRIL) and they could not guarantee I would have it by then

Sorry so expect me to make an international call to a reservations team and then try and find someone who speaks enough English....I don't think so.

I believe under legislation IHGs failure to deliver could be now deemed fraudulent especially given the pathetic responses from their useless service centre.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I believe under legislation IHGs failure to deliver could be now deemed fraudulent especially given the pathetic responses from their useless service centre.
Have you asked for a refund? Hard to charge a company with fraud if you haven't even done that.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Have you asked for a refund? Hard to charge a company with fraud if you haven't even done that.
Yes, I asked and the reply I got was the general verbiage about production delays, 6-8 weeks and how valued I am to them (not)
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:41 am
Suspended

Interesting. I know a lot of people here are up in arms over the BOGO delays, but I didn't think anyone actually wanted to ditch their Ambassador status over it.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:49 am
Suspended

Interesting. I know a lot of people here are up in arms over the BOGO delays, but I didn't think anyone actually wanted to ditch their Ambassador status over it.
We're stuck in no man's land though. We don't really want to "ditch" Ambassador but IHG is not giving us a ETA for our welcome packages. Each month they send out another email saying kit expected to arrive in 6-8 weeks. Then 3 weeks later when we email, they say they are not sure when it will arrive due to production delays.

Over the course of my life, I'm not sure I've ever seen a cluster$#% quite like this.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:03 am
Suspended

But the only thing of value in the welcome package is the BOGO certificate, right? (And maybe the 5,000-point certificate?)

I thought the upgrades and the rest were the real attraction, with the BOGO essentially a nice throw-in.

It is a strange situation, though. There have to be dozens of companies that could print up these packages. I still think that they're trying to finalize the 2016 program and the delay has nothing to do with printing problems.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:16 am
Suspended

But the only thing of value in the welcome package is the BOGO certificate, right? (And maybe the 5,000-point certificate?)
Yes I want the BOGO cert. If IHG told us we needed the cert that would be one thing. But that's not what they're telling us. Instead they're telling us they cannot guarantee the hotel won't require the cert. It's total BS.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
We're stuck in no man's land though. We don't really want to "ditch" Ambassador but IHG is not giving us a ETA for our welcome packages. Each month they send out another email saying kit expected to arrive in 6-8 weeks. Then 3 weeks later when we email, they say they are not sure when it will arrive due to production delays.

Over the course of my life, I'm not sure I've ever seen a cluster$#% quite like this.
Well said!!
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:01 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
I just received an email from them this morning, they extended my status by 3 months but couldn't confirm that the pack will arrive any time soon. No bonus points posted.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well low and behold my Platinum Ambassador kit arrived today in Singapore. Renewed in late October it arrived with a letter dated 25 Nov 2015 and a FWNC valid till 12/2016. Acceptable duration though my Ambassador status is only valid until Nov 30 .

Now,the question is if I will ever get a Spire Ambassador card as I qualified on Dec 30 basically? Probably have to request a new card / kit, we will see.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Received mine today, renewed Jan 3.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Those of you who are receiving packets, are you spire or plat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.