Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:25 am

Joined Ambassador on 3rd December 2015 and received the pack on the 14th January 2016.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by steve1975l
Joined Ambassador on 3rd December 2015 and received the pack on the 14th January 2016.
Joined Ambassador in the middle of September 2015 and have not received the pack as of yet.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I signed up online for Ambassador on December 27, 2015 and followed that up immediately with a phone call to the Ambassador Service Line and my status was changed while on the call.
A complete Ambassador kit arrived January 5, 2016. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
slightly off topic. I renewed in April. 200US Dollar option with 10% rebate on award nights. I did the same the previous year also.

Looking back at account history. I had a 10% rebate in February. Is it posted annual?

so can i expect the last 12 months rebate this February.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:36 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by stanontour
slightly off topic. I renewed in April. 200US Dollar option with 10% rebate on award nights. I did the same the previous year also.

Looking back at account history. I had a 10% rebate in February. Is it posted annual?

so can i expect the last 12 months rebate this February.
I usually got my rebate a couple of weeks after the stays posted. The rebate was in batches (combining several stays), so it's rather difficult to keep track.

HTB.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:30 pm

10% rebate

Originally Posted by htb
I usually got my rebate a couple of weeks after the stays posted. The rebate was in batches (combining several stays), so it's rather difficult to keep track.

HTB.
Rebate sweep is supposed to be within 6 weeks after a stay.

IHG informed me that my rebate points would post during the week of January 11-15 for a stay ended Nov 20.

Didn't happen.

Here we go again with a missing points form.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I suppose I had better start chasing then for at least 30000 missing points the whole of last year!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by lablelarry
Not sure if this is against forums rules, I tried looking but can't find it.

I have a free weekend Ambassador certificate I won't be able to use expires in April, going to put up for sale but thought I'd check here first if anyone is interested since they haven't received theirs, or ar going to try to use another one - since that seems to work, based on what I've read here.. I have over 1,000 positive feedback on Ebay so I can be trusted, I could put up private item on there if you are worried about who selling to you! PM me.

Don't think I'll be renewing membership since there are only two Intercontinental near me and when I traveled with three plp they didn't even have a room to upgrade us to, so haven't gotten much value for membership.
if you are giving it away i will take it, but to be honest, i only saved 150£ (compared to the advance purchase i couldve done there and then) when i did the stay recently at Intercon in bali.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I joined the AMB programme last January, and received the Welcome pack and voucher etc. shortly afterwards.

This week, I received another Welcome pack, with a card that expires April 2016. Also with a voucher. I had not renewed, nor had I received anything asking me to renew.

Anyway, I just made another booking, and there was a message saying my membership was due to expire soon. So, I paid the $150 - and got a message saying my renewal pack would be received in the next 6-8 weeks.

I wonder if they'll send me another voucher?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:40 am

How many months before the expiration date of our current membership can we pay to renew our membership? If my current membership year ends in May 2016, do I need to wait until March before I can renew?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I have not received my new kit since my renewal ... in October 2015.
+1. Mid Oct renewal - nothing. But some folks in the other thread shared that they have been waiting since July or so. Very frustrating.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Paid for renewal in August and still nothing. Am now complaining monthly (three complaints by now) but still zip...
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Won't be holding my breath, but

Rest assured that an e-mail correspondence will be sent to inform you of an update we may receive in the coming days.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:44 am

compensation

Since we all waiting for portfolio why don’t you guys send them an email and ask for compensation. This is what I did today. I wrote how disappointing it is, blah, blah, blah and asked for compensation.
30 minutes later I got response and 15000 points.
Few minutes later my friend did the same, but he got 'only' 10000 points (again - immediate response). I think amount of points depends how active member you are.

Response from Ambassador Services:

Dear *****,
Foremost, we sincerely apologize for the delayed delivery of your Ambassador portfolio.

Please be advised that due to recent system enhancements, production of Ambassador materials was affected. We regret to inform you that we are unable to send a replacement portfolio at this time.

We understand that your portfolio is important for you to enjoy your benefits when staying at our hotels. However, we assure you that your benefits as well as your status will be recognized when staying at any InterContinental hotels by providing your membership number.

Further, in an effort to retain your patronage and demonstrate our concern in this matter, we have issued 15,000 points to your account. These points should be available for immediate viewing after logging into your online account. Your current account balance is ****.

We realize you would have preferred to have received quality service in lieu of compensation but hope this gesture helps restore your faith in the program and the company as a whole.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding on this matter. Please let us know if you need further assistance by sending us an e-mail to [email protected].

Sincerely,

Adam Ricka
Ambassador Services
-----------------------------
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

They only gave me 5000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.