Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Asked for 10k while waiting for my 10k voucher (200$ renewal package) . Received 5k, happy enough about that.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrisljo
Asked for 10k while waiting for my 10k voucher (200$ renewal package) . Received 5k, happy enough about that.
I thought it was a 5k voucher?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I thought it was a 5k voucher?
Renew for $150 USD and receive 10,000* bonus IHG® Rewards Club points
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:10 pm

compensation

[QUOTE=haiol;26031699]Since we all waiting for portfolio why don’t you guys send them an email and ask for compensation. This is what I did today. I wrote how disappointing it is, blah, blah, blah and asked for compensation.
30 minutes later I got response and 15000 points.
Few minutes later my friend did the same, but he got 'only' 10000 points (again - immediate response). I think amount of points depends how active member you are.]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I received 10,000 after a 3 month delay.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It seems that one can get the amount of points that one renewed / signed up for as a compensation though at times you may have to ask more than once for service recovery / compensation. If you paid 150$ you should get (up to) 10K points, of one did the 200$ option (incl. the 10% points back on rewards) then you can get (up to) 15K points. YMMV.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
This is getting beyond a joke renewed RA in August, no pack, no points no BOGO voucher yet 4 months on this is an utter shambles. What is the best email address to ping a complaint?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
This is getting beyond a joke renewed RA in August, no pack, no points no BOGO voucher yet 4 months on this is an utter shambles. What is the best email address to ping a complaint?
[email protected]

I sent them another angry email this morning. They still haven't given me an ETA on my package.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I emailed yesterday after seeing this.

I got a reply blaming it on the fact that I am Spire Elite and they are not set up to generate Spire Elite Ambassador cards!

No compensation was forthcoming!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles

I got a reply blaming it on the fact that I am Spire Elite and they are not set up to generate Spire Elite Ambassador cards!

Same here. I was told if I haven't received it two weeks before I need to use the bogof cert in March, call them and they'll contact the hotel and sort it out.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Raffles

Raffles - I didn't think you would be "pushed aside" so easily .

Same here after the first email even though I asked for service recovery / compensation to be provided. Had to drop a second note on top of their response and ask why my request for compensation was totally ignored and not even responded to and then got 15K points (I renewed the 200$ option as I will have a few hundred K points redemptions this year).

So in short, push back and show how pis*ed off you are.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:04 am
Suspended

Just got another 5k. I send in an email every 30 days or so complaining about no welcome package. They usually send me a generic response. Then I follow-up with "Please send me my 5k point voucher and weekend cert by the end of next week or I will cancel the Ambassador order and ask for refund." Then they respond with putting 5k in my account each time.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:23 am

Bought into Ambassador program with points in October. Yesterday I recieved my red Ambassador Spire Elite card and a weekend certificate. The certificate looks like it got chewed on by someones dog! The envelope it came is was not damaged. The letter that came with it states "I would like to sincerely apologise that your full Ambassador kit is not yet ready. Rest assured that it will be sent to you as quickly as it can be produced".....blah blah blah
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:19 pm

got an email saying ambassador kit will arrive in 6-8 weeks
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
I also renewed several months ago (Sept/Oct??), and I'm still waiting. When I last called them to see what was going on, I was told that I will be issued two BOGO certs. Has anyone else heard that? I haven't seen that offer mentioned in the last couple pages of comments.

Last edited by drod; Jan 24, 2016 at 5:13 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:19 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Emailed ambassador@ihg over a week ago and still no reply whatsoever. Have sent a duplicate email to ihgrewardsclub@ihg, will see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.