Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I had to call them just now about a missing stay and also asked about this issue. She put me on hold to check with someone and came back to say that these renewal bonus points are no longer a feature of the Royal Ambassador program. I guess perhaps they are only for people who pay for AMB renewal?
Thanks for the info. Mrs rapidex paid for her Amb renewal and got no points, so I guess they have been enhanced away.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Renewed over phone March 1st. Chose $200 option, 15k points automatically deposited within 5 min of hanging up. Received package March 30th with BOGO certificate, renewal thank you letter, and ambassador benefits sheet. No gift was included with the pack.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
If I may ask, where are you located (Europe, ;America, etc.). Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by ARR72
If I may ask, where are you located (Europe, ;America, etc.). Thanks
Not sure if this question was directed towards me, but America if it was.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
It was, sorry about that, iPad issues with this website, can’t seem to reply directly. Anyway, thank you.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:40 pm

Just confirmed with a rep that Ambassador renewals will no longer receive a gift, which most recently was a slim wallet.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Was just checking the site for sign up as new Ambassador (not renewal) and no mention of the 5k points any longer either. Hmm, signed up my GF a few weeks ago and was expecting the 5k points.

How cheap can IHG get these days? Points is the only thing they got going in this program as hard benefits are flaky at best below RA and even then this close to zero benefits during reward nights is even bigger nonsense. Oh well, I'll make sure the FWNC is put to appropriate use then .
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
My Ambassador expires the end of this month. I called to ask a couple of questions. Rep confirmed no more 5K bonus with Ambassador renewal @$150 or 40K. In years past I was on the fence about renewing. The 10% rebate on points stays (when choosing the $200 renewal option) never posted on their own, always a hassle. Weekend cert requires paying a higher rate for the paid night in order to get the "free" night. Room upgrade is sometimes nice, other times nothing special. Remembering year prior it took major intervention and 10 months to get the BOGO cert/packet. This year I will not renew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.