Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I booked a BOGO next weekend at IC Times Square. Got home, got mine out, then thinking.. hmmm, maybe I have one left since last year? Looked and lo-n-behold, there was one with expiry of 03-2015. Sometimes one is just lucky.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Is the BOGO link updated? I tried to check Las Vegas property and it kicks me out to no availability.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Anyone having bogo with 06/15 expiry which is not needed?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Anyone having bogo with 06/15 expiry which is not needed?
I have one from last year (expiry 12/14) - do they even check the date on these BOGO certificates?

-AD
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jexelot
Is the BOGO link updated? I tried to check Las Vegas property and it kicks me out to no availability.
Same here (trying for Las Vegas as well) so tried other cities and not coming up with the BOGO rates...

Is this the correct link? http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...r/free-weekend
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
I have one from last year (expiry 12/14) - do they even check the date on these BOGO certificates?

-AD
I've used an expired BOGO before but I think it was 1 week. They didn't really check and I had another BOGO with me just in case if they make a fuss about it.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:05 am

Once again, the IHG website is outsmarting me.

When I go to the ambassador weekend page and perform a search, I get the front page of the IC hotel I was searching for. Clicking through to available rates does not show the ambassador weekend rate.

Help?

*edit*

Apparently, you can't let the search box auto-fill the particular hotel you're looking to stay in. Instead, you have to search for the city the hotel is in, then choose the hotel from the list. Because that's logical.

Last edited by trouble747; Jun 3, 2015 at 11:10 am
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Originally Posted by trouble747
Once again, the IHG website is outsmarting me.

When I go to the ambassador weekend page and perform a search, I get the front page of the IC hotel I was searching for. Clicking through to available rates does not show the ambassador weekend rate.

Help?

*edit*

Apparently, you can't let the search box auto-fill the particular hotel you're looking to stay in. Instead, you have to search for the city the hotel is in, then choose the hotel from the list. Because that's logical.

I had a little trouble with the AMB weekend website when I changed cities it would always default to a one night stay, and not the previous criteria I was searching for.

I've booked my BOGO for Adelaide for a weekend in September to do some tours of the Barossa Valley and the Adelaide Hills.
I also used a free night I had from the IHG Dining Rewards. Three nights for the price of one, I can't complain.^
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
If rate in Fri Sat Sun is 200 300 200 USD
If i check in at Fri when i check out my pay rate is ?
If i check in at Sat when i check out my pay rate is ?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
If you check in on Friday and check-out on Sunday, you will pay Friday's rate of $ 200.

If you check in on Saturday and check-out on Monday, you will pay Saturday's rate of $ 300.

The second night is always the free night.

mxm135
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Has anyone managed to successfully use ebates or any cashback sites with the BOGO offer?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by snevillio
Has anyone managed to successfully use ebates or any cashback sites with the BOGO offer?
Yes. Using mr rebates.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:03 pm

I was thinking of signing both me and my wife up for ambassador with the aim of redeeming each of our vouchers on two separate weekends in July....

I suspect I am too late as they won't be delivered quick enough ( need them for 11th and 18th of July). Does anyone have experience of how long the pack takes to be shipped to a UK member?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by redfeffer
I was thinking of signing both me and my wife up for ambassador with the aim of redeeming each of our vouchers on two separate weekends in July....

I suspect I am too late as they won't be delivered quick enough ( need them for 11th and 18th of July). Does anyone have experience of how long the pack takes to be shipped to a UK member?
1. Remember the bogo is 2nd night free on FLEX rates not BAR (advance rates)
2. Although usable for second free free scenario on either a fri/sat or Sat/sun stay, you are restricted to one bogo per stay so eg on a 9day two weekend stay you can not use bogo at both ends of your stay in a single hotel.
Even if two separate Ambassador accounts if you are also staying first 7nights on partners account and switch to your account for final two nights you have benefitted from bogo on first weekend so can not benefit on second weekend too
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:17 pm

Thanks for the tips. We are in 2 different locations, so I'm hoping the second stay will be treated as independent of the first.
I still suspect that I've left it all too late, given IHG website seems to suggest the ambassador pack including the voucher can take up to 4 weeks to deliver to UK ...unless there is some way to speed things up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.