Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I received 2 Amb kits within week (probably mistake). When tried to deposit points one was successful ,another saying number not valid. Now I have 2 Ambassador Weekend certificates. I understand from previous discussion that people are using other's certificates without any problem. Should I have any issue using 2 certificates in different hotels both issued under my name? Any experience? Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by doktor24
I received 2 Amb kits within week (probably mistake). When tried to deposit points one was successful ,another saying number not valid. Now I have 2 Ambassador Weekend certificates. I understand from previous discussion that people are using other's certificates without any problem. Should I have any issue using 2 certificates in different hotels both issued under my name? Any experience? Thanks!
Ambassadors making RA get two BOGOs as get a second RA welcome packs, so using 2x bogo's is not an issue.

Historically Ambassadors have used some extra bogos too that are unwanted by fellow Ambassadors.

Individual hotels will not know or care about your use of a bogo at another IC. You can even use at same hotel but not for a 9day continuous stay spanning two weekends.

Obviously ihg corporate know how many one uses in 12months period, but using several extra bogos in a year has never been reported as an issue.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Has anyone tried to use the Ambassador BOGO with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. I am trying to figure if is worth waiting for the summer specials Amex usually has in Asia. The Hong Kong IC is usually buy 2 nights get 3. Which would make a stay at HK IC very affordable in a Harbourview Room. The Amex rates are pretty high and totally refundable/flexible, so that should satisfy the certificate's t&c. If I cannot do this, then I'll do 2 reservations. One with 2 nights at flexible rates for the BOGO and another for 2 or 3 nights using advance purchase rates.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by not2017
Has anyone tried to use the Ambassador BOGO with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. I am trying to figure if is worth waiting for the summer specials Amex usually has in Asia. The Hong Kong IC is usually buy 2 nights get 3. Which would make a stay at HK IC very affordable in a Harbourview Room. The Amex rates are pretty high and totally refundable/flexible, so that should satisfy the certificate's t&c. If I cannot do this, then I'll do 2 reservations. One with 2 nights at flexible rates for the BOGO and another for 2 or 3 nights using advance purchase rates.
In order to use the BOGO cert you have to book a specific rate found on some of the IHG websites (equivalent to BFR). Not just any flexible rate.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:54 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
In order to use the BOGO cert you have to book a specific rate found on some of the IHG websites (equivalent to BFR). Not just any flexible rate.
I do know that from reading this whole thread. But, I remember reading somewhere on Flyertalk, that all of IC Amb. benefits were applicable to Amex Fine Hotel and Resorts bookings. So, I was wondering if anyone here knows if that is or isn't true? As Amex rates right now are higher than the BFR, for my dates.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tentseller
I would not chance it that the FD folks will be lenient.

They are out of their own pocket when they accept coupons/certificate that the property cannot get reimbursed by IHG.
Thanks. Fortunately I have another one hanging around (not expired) to use..

-AD
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:00 am
pdb

Thumbs up Giving away AMB W/E Voucher (exp 28-Feb-15)

I just realized that I had not used my W/E Voucher expiring 28-Feb-15.

I'd be happy to give it to another AMB who could use it by month's end. (Since I'm not exchanging anything, I assumed that this thread/forum would be the best place to post this.)

Please let me know--I will post when I have given it away.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:29 pm

Is there not a way to view a calendar showing the dates a given hotel WILL accept a BOGO cert? I just keep getting a 'no nights match your search' response when I search by rate. IHG's website is so terrible (and the availability of chase free nights/bogo nights/into the nights' nights so fleeting and random) I'm finding it difficult to determine exactly when we can actually use any of these.

*edit*

Well I "discovered" (I'm sure it's mentioned in this thread or elsewhere) that the search doesn't work well or at all unless you limit it to the two weekend nights, even if the cert could be used in the middle of a longer trip. User error!

Last edited by trouble747; Feb 12, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
a BOGOF is applicable to 2 night stay on a weekend only. any stay period beyond 2 nights will be on a separate rate which u need to book separately.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Does anyone have an extra BOGO Cert thats about to expire? And would rather have someone use it, instead of wasting it? PM me please
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Does anyone have an extra BOGO Cert thats about to expire? And would rather have someone use it, instead of wasting it? PM me please
You have a PM!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:27 pm

does anyone have an extra BOGO. I'm am booking a stay for my family at HI in Dubai tomorrow...appreciate
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
BOGO voucher only applies to Intercontinental
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:08 am

pricelessarabia.com has a BOGO offer with Intercontinental Dubai if I use MC.

I guess BOGO is of no use for HI..thanks..
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
BOGO voucher only applies to Intercontinental
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
I have one a BOGO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.