Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by miadukes
and then what , it just pops up?
Yes. Once you're eligible, go to forums which list all the sections of FT, scroll to bottom and you'll see it.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yes. Once you're eligible, go to forums which list all the sections of FT, scroll to bottom and you'll see it.
Ok awesome!! Thanks for the info.

I assume that when people trade or sell the ambassador certificates, you also have to be ambassador to use it no? Question is, I do plan on getting it later this year but do they limit the number of certificates you can use and aren't the certificates tied to an account? Just curious as to how the logistics of that work. if you know.

ETA: Just went to ebay to find one and it looks like its very general and nothing to indicate what member it belongs to.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:50 am

Have an expiring voucher and I don't think I'll be able to get to a 'expensive' IC (ie Times Square).

Is it possible that I can use the voucher for someone else? Ie. I make the booking, they check-in and give the voucher? Or, if I check them in and leave them for the weekend, and they do the check out?

Wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap and easy burn. I like the look of Warsaw, that looks like £80 a night.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by garyfinny
Or, if I check them in and leave them for the weekend, and they do the check out?
This. You have to be present to check-in, and they do not have to stop at front desk to check-out.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by garyfinny
Have an expiring voucher and I don't think I'll be able to get to a 'expensive' IC (ie Times Square).

Is it possible that I can use the voucher for someone else? Ie. I make the booking, they check-in and give the voucher? Or, if I check them in and leave them for the weekend, and they do the check out?

Wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap and easy burn. I like the look of Warsaw, that looks like £80 a night.
Any ambassador can use the voucher without you even being present
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Any ambassador can use the voucher without you even being present
Can someone generally confirm whether their experience has been that hotels match the names?

Last edited by avsfan733; Apr 20, 2016 at 9:15 am Reason: To please the gods and remove my rule breaking...
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Originally Posted by TMM1982
I've been a member for a bit more than 6 months, I don't see anything other than 'Technical Support and Feedback' then above it 'Talkboard topics', 'blog...', 'itineraries', 'trip reports' etc... nothing that seems relevant.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Nevermind. clarified my own question.

Last edited by Matthew330Ci; Apr 24, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Old May 7, 2016, 12:23 am

2nd night free?

I would like to know how " the 2nd night free " actually works.
When I booked the AMB rate at IC Osaka the other day, AMB rate was 46K JPY for Fri. and 62K for Sat. I expected to pay only 46K, but when I checked the reservation detail in my account on-line right after I booked the hotel, the room rate for each day was automatically changed to 54K, the nightly average rate during my stay. Now I check the reservation record again and find the total price has been adjusted to 54K. Maybe I have to pay 54K, which is higher than the original rate for Fri. Like this, when the room rate for the 1st night is higher than the 2nd, technically the average price for the 2nd night is free?
Old May 7, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by tvisitor
I would like to know how " the 2nd night free " actually works.
When I booked the AMB rate at IC Osaka the other day, AMB rate was 46K JPY for Fri. and 62K for Sat. I expected to pay only 46K, but when I checked the reservation detail in my account on-line right after I booked the hotel, the room rate for each day was automatically changed to 54K, the nightly average rate during my stay. Now I check the reservation record again and find the total price has been adjusted to 54K. Maybe I have to pay 54K, which is higher than the original rate for Fri. Like this, when the room rate for the 1st night is higher than the 2nd, technically the average price for the 2nd night is free?

tvisitor
, welcome to Flyertalk.

When using the Ambassador certificate, you pay for the first night and the second is free, regardless of price difference.

In your case, you would pay 46,000 JPY. The online reservation will always show both prices and the average per night rate. This would be the price you pay, if you do not present the certificate at check-in.

mxm135
Old May 7, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by MXM135

tvisitor
, welcome to Flyertalk.

When using the Ambassador certificate, you pay for the first night and the second is free, regardless of price difference.

In your case, you would pay 46,000 JPY. The online reservation will always show both prices and the average per night rate. This would be the price you pay, if you do not present the certificate at check-in.

mxm135
Thank you very much, mxm135. Good to know that. I still have a bit of concern. When I check the detail of the price on-line, the record does not show the price of Friday anymore. Reservation e-mail also shows only the average rate. I don't have anything to prove that the rate of the first night is 46,000. I wish the hotel would know the price of the first night.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
If you have already made the reservation, log in to your account. Click on the 'Upcoming reservations' tab - left column on the account page. Find the reservation that you made using the Ambassador Certificate and click on the 'View Reservation Details' link. When the page opens up, click on 'View Price Details' you will see a window open up at the top of the page which displays a calendar and the price for each night.

mxm135

Last edited by MXM135; May 8, 2016 at 11:38 am
Old May 9, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm looking at joining the Ambassador program, but need to use the BOGO for a Thurs/Friday stay.. does that work, or must both days be a weekend? Thanks in advance
Old May 10, 2016, 12:38 am

Friday/Saturday only. Not even exceptions allowed in regions were the weekend is on other nights.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 336
Friday/Saturday only. Not even exceptions allowed in regions were the weekend is on other nights.
Not quite true. According to the Ambassador website:
Weekend is determined as Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.