Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
That is what I keep hearing, but unless it is printed in invisible ink, I don't see it.

snip
I got the same letter. No 5000 point code and mentions moving up from Platinum to Spire when I've been Spire for a while already. I'll be contacting them about the 5000 points...
Old May 25, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
I got the same letter. No 5000 point code and mentions moving up from Platinum to Spire when I've been Spire for a while already. I'll be contacting them about the 5000 points...
I emailed them and asked about it, and received what I felt was an unnecessarily snarky reply. It said (in part) "We would like to confirm that the Ambassador 5000 Bonus points is printed on the Welcome Letter, in the form of a voucher code, which you can deposit online" (italics theirs).

I wasn't in a great mood, so I replied "Thank you for your condescending reply. Would you please refer to the attached scan of the letter that I received from you, and direct me to exactly where I can find the code that you are referring to?"

A couple of hours later they emailed me again to indicate that they had manually credited the 5,000 points to my account.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:10 pm

I emailed them and asked about it, and received what I felt was an unnecessarily snarky reply. It said (in part) "We would like to confirm that the Ambassador 5000 Bonus points is printed on the Welcome Letter, in the form of a voucher code, which you can deposit online" (italics theirs).

I wasn't in a great mood, so I replied "Thank you for your condescending reply. Would you please refer to the attached scan of the letter that I received from you, and direct me to exactly where I can find the code that you are referring to?"

A couple of hours later they emailed me again to indicate that they had manually credited the 5,000 points to my account.

And I'm sure it'll take 6-8 weeks to post? (not really but I doubt it's instantaneous?)
Old May 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
And I'm sure it'll take 6-8 weeks to post? (not really but I doubt it's instantaneous?)
I received the email overnight, and when I saw it in the morning the points were already in my account.
Old May 27, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Sorry, I am ready to be corrected, but I understood that you don't get 5k points for simply moving from xxxx (Gold/Plat) Ambassador to yyyy (Plat/Spire) Ambassador.
You just need/get new Ambassador Card, no 5k points, no bogo, no luggage tags.

The 5k points is just given on yearly renewals.

In fact if RA downgrades to free Ambassador status, the ex-RA does not get 5k points either, though renewing RA does get the 5k.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Sorry, I am ready to be corrected, but I understood that you don't get 5k points for simply moving from xxxx (Gold/Plat) Ambassador to yyyy (Plat/Spire) Ambassador.
You just need/get new Ambassador Card, no 5k points, no bogo, no luggage tags.

The 5k points is just given on yearly renewals.

In fact if RA downgrades to free Ambassador status, the ex-RA does not get 5k points either, though renewing RA does get the 5k.
Fair enough, but that's not what happened in my case. This was my first-time Ambassador status. I went from Spire Elite to Spire Ambassador. The letter incorrectly stated that it was Platinum Ambassador to Spire Ambassador.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:50 am

Fair enough, but that's not what happened in my case. This was my first-time Ambassador status. I went from Spire Elite to Spire Ambassador. The letter incorrectly stated that it was Platinum Ambassador to Spire Ambassador.
Same thing happened to me. I got a less condescending email asking me to send them a scan of my letter and the points posted by the time they responded saying they added the points manually to my account.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Is the BOGO voucher disappearing?

It is now 9 months since I requalification for RA and I have had bugger all. I have close to a million points so care little about 5k but do care a great deal about the BOGO voucher. Manila wanted to give me points instead, I have more IHG points than I will ever need and I value the BOGO far higher. Why can they not get such a basic thing sorted out? It is souring me to the whole IC brand which is the only reason I stay at other IHG properties.

If RAs are being treated like this really what is the point? I am allegedly going to get a call back from Manila but I intend to book my 2 nights somewhere capture the AMB 241 cost then sue IHG for my difference in cost.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Is the BOGO voucher disappearing?

It is now 9 months since I requalification for RA and I have had bugger all. I have close to a million points so care little about 5k but do care a great deal about the BOGO voucher. Manila wanted to give me points instead, I have more IHG points than I will ever need and I value the BOGO far higher. Why can they not get such a basic thing sorted out? It is souring me to the whole IC brand which is the only reason I stay at other IHG properties.

If RAs are being treated like this really what is the point? I am allegedly going to get a call back from Manila but I intend to book my 2 nights somewhere capture the AMB 241 cost then sue IHG for my difference in cost.
BOGO still being sent out - got mine at renewal in April. As far as I can see RAs are being treated as they should be (or better at some hotels). My renewal pack came through 8 days after renewal.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
BOGO still being sent out - got mine at renewal in April. As far as I can see RAs are being treated as they should be (or better at some hotels). My renewal pack came through 8 days after renewal.
NOt mine, renewed at the beginning of September had bugger all since then. I think I have been patient but lost the plot on the phone to them last night.

All they wanted to do was give me points not a BOGO so I suspect it isn't long for the world.

How bloody hard can it be to get what you promise to the most valuable IHG guests within 9 months. Shockingly poor and my already low esteem for IHG corporate has now reached rock bottom. If I didn't like ICs and RA so much I would have deserted months ago. It is piss poor.

I am going to book 2 nights at an IC then sue for 1 night of cost that worked well when they pissed me about for 8 months over a BRG claim.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:14 pm

Wrong thread, apologies.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:27 pm
Suspended

NOt mine, renewed at the beginning of September had bugger all since then. I think I have been patient but lost the plot on the phone to them last night.

All they wanted to do was give me points not a BOGO so I suspect it isn't long for the world.

How bloody hard can it be to get what you promise to the most valuable IHG guests within 9 months. Shockingly poor and my already low esteem for IHG corporate has now reached rock bottom. If I didn't like ICs and RA so much I would have deserted months ago. It is piss poor.

I am going to book 2 nights at an IC then sue for 1 night of cost that worked well when they pissed me about for 8 months over a BRG claim.
Are you sure you're one of the most valuable guests? I'm sure their history with each member influences the treatment one receives. Just a thought...
Old May 27, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Are you sure you're one of the most valuable guests? I'm sure their history with each member influences the treatment one receives. Just a thought...
typically >50k spend per annum and all the normal qualifiers. I am not their most valuable guest for sure but would be shocked if not really in the top 1%

Do you really think that it is reasonable in any event not to fulfil the promise to customers? Should you need to be the company's best customer to get the basic promise fulfilled within a year? If that is the way it is it is probably the wrong programme for me and most others

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; May 27, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Q
typically >50k spend per annum and all the normal qualifiers. I am not their most valuable guest for sure but would be shocked if not really in the top 1%

Do you really think that it is reasonable in any event not to fulfil the promise to customers? Should you need to be the company's best customer to get the basic promise fulfilled within a year? If that is the way it is it is probably the wrong programme for me and most others
That's not what I meant by "valuable". I'm going to take a wild guess and say that "hasn't sued us" and "hasn't lost the lot with our service staff" feature in there somewhere. Just a thought...
Old May 27, 2016, 11:42 pm

They offered me 20k points in stead of the BOGO. I kindly declined. What a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.