Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by tangey
AMB cert uses a special website to do the booking. My limited experience is that often the "single night" that you paid for is somewhat more expensive than it should be.

Remember, you need to have the cert in hand when you check-in. There are many reports of ambassador welcome kits taking ->6 weeks to arrive, so you might be on the edge.
The AMBWeekend rate is usually the same rate as the best flexible rate (according to my experience) The AMBWeekend rate has also the same conditions to the best flex rate with exception of 2 night booking and the 2nd night being free.

After using my BOGOF voucher, i was credited with 2k points + 1k plat bonus (This was before IHG altered the points to 10 per dollar) and given 1 qualifying night.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
You can use the link in post 20 to check rates

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/rese...ference=IBAMB&

It looks like the rates are higher at this hotel using the BOGO cert - I checked Sept 12-14
The link doesn't show me the rate. I am only able to use check for other rates, however the special rate is not shown.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Hey guys so I have an Amb weekend cert but will not be using how can I move this forward it to someone
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by tdrag97
Hey guys so I have an Amb weekend cert but will not be using how can I move this forward it to someone
You gotta mail it to someone! Any chance you're in San Francisco this weekend?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Got a few i could shift aswell
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
Certificates on ebay

A few certificates as well as one or two RA referrals on sale @ ebay. Ebay search does not show you all the ebay countries, but rather you need to search individual countries one by one. i.e. www.ebay.com www.ebay.co.uk or www.ebay.fr
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: GF Black
quick question: the certificate only applies to Intercontinental hotels or all of IHG properties? the weekend rate doesn't show in the others!!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:18 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by lunardream
quick question: the certificate only applies to Intercontinental hotels or all of IHG properties? the weekend rate doesn't show in the others!!
It is a part of the Ambassador programme and therefore is only used at ICs.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by lunardream
Just IC
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Got a few i could shift aswell
Looking for one ahead of my trip to NYC
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
I have 2 ambassador certs(given to me by my relative as he cant clear it now) at hand and if i book 2 stays for 2 rooms on the same weekend at the same resort for a family vacation. Would there be any issues?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
I have 2 ambassador certs(given to me by my relative as he cant clear it now) at hand and if i book 2 stays for 2 rooms on the same weekend at the same resort for a family vacation. Would there be any issues?
1. BOGO is only valid for use the use of an Ambassador occupying a room
2. Only one per stay, so on a 10day Friday - Sunday stay you can not use a bogo for both weekends.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
1. BOGO is only valid for use the use of an Ambassador occupying a room
2. Only one per stay, so on a 10day Friday - Sunday stay you can not use a bogo for both weekends.
ahh i see, ok it makes sense now. Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
I'm thinking someone can answer these questions?

What is BONG?

Do Ambassador weekend certificate nights count as a qualifying night?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
I'm thinking someone can answer these questions?

What is BONG?

Do Ambassador weekend certificate nights count as a qualifying night?
I could tell you what a bong is () but are you referring to "BOGO"? Buy One Get One.
--------------

Can anyone recommend their favorite IC in the U.S. that would be good for a weekend trip? Trying to figure out where to use ours before the end of the year...
Tony300S likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.