Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by jedicat666
According to their room descriptions, Son Tra terrace has a better view than non-son tra. Ill take your advice.
190usd/room/night is a little high for club, and i will not benefit from the kids menu, and from your description, the benefits like airport transfer and 24-hr sandwiches are gone, which are certainly nice benefits. I might just stick to 2 club nights just for the heck of it, more points right :P
Good idea, Ill go during off peak periods for more favourable upgrades !
If you need some privacy, room 240 for example is good one (i assumed that is non-sontra view), located at the end of Club Area, a little bit far to walk but almost no one can see what you are doing in room or at balcony
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:49 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OrientExpress
If you need some privacy, room 240 for example is good one (i assumed that is non-sontra view), located at the end of Club Area, a little bit far to walk but almost no one can see what you are doing in room or at balcony
Great recommendation ! I will be the new membership tier by then, who knows whats in store
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
The club penthouse and villas still receive free airport limo along other things.

Access to Sun Peninsula Club Lounge and private beach A choice of 3 breakfast venue, continental buffet breakfast coupled with a la carte at Sun Peninsula Club Lounge, full buffet breakfast at Citron, and in-room dining breakfast Sun Peninsula Club Lounge Superb afternoon tea from 14:30hrs until 16:30hrs Evening cocktails & canapés from 17:30hrs until 19:30hrs at Sun Peninsula Club Lounge Kids below 12 years old eat free Children’s Menu only (Only children under 10 month old and above 12 year old have access Sun Peninsula Club Lounge) Exclusive access to Domestic Terminal’s Arrival & Departure Lounge at Danang International airport Round trip airport transfers Access to: Soar Gym, Planet Trekkers (Kids Club), Project VN (Teen Center) Free use of tennis court from 7:00am to 7:00pm In-room phone calls (Local calls, landline only) Pressing service up to 2 pieces per stay Wireless internet throughout the resort - See more at: http://danang.intercontinental.com/s...he-beach#.dpuf
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:40 pm

I'm also wondering if it's worth paying the extra 190US$ on top of the 35K points to enjoy the Club lounge.
We're a couple with no kids (for now), not too much into alcohol drinking, and I'm not sure the breakfast, tea time and canapes would be worth 190US$.
Any thoughts on that from a recent visitor? How massive is the evening spread? Any vegetarian options?
And what do they actually leave at the Club at night? Just soft drinks and fruits?
Thanks!!!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by TheShis
I'm also wondering if it's worth paying the extra 190US$ on top of the 35K points to enjoy the Club lounge.
We're a couple with no kids (for now), not too much into alcohol drinking, and I'm not sure the breakfast, tea time and canapes would be worth 190US$.
Any thoughts on that from a recent visitor? How massive is the evening spread? Any vegetarian options?
And what do they actually leave at the Club at night? Just soft drinks and fruits?
Thanks!!!
190$ for club access is worth, if you are not familiar with vietnamese food and good in western food.
Breakfast is very good & delicious, 60$ net for two.
Afternoon tea: some biscuits, sweets & very small sandwiches + TWG tea, can order unlimited, so yes, can replace lunch but nothing special, From 14h30 until 16h30
Same like cocktails hours, from 17h00 until 19h00
Except this time, only some fruit + soft drinks
I'm not vegetarian, so cannot advise anythings about vege.
Club come with free minibar also, except champagne and wines
Complimentary for all rooms: espresso machine, TWG tea, mineral water - never count but they are in every corner of the room, even bath room)

Of course you can go out for lunch & dinner, but only if you can order properly and not be cheated. Although restaurant cheating are not common in Da Nang (best place to live in Viet Nam) but it is happen.

Eating in resort restaurant (except La Maison 1988 - very expensive but ok for fine dinning) is not recommended, is expensive and not tasty, we signed children menu in Citron or Barefoot about 50$ for two kids every time.

In the end of the day, i think that you will pay the same amount (190)+ some luck: resort breakfast, going out for lunch & dinner + taxi but for better food)

Domestic lounge, both arival and departure are free for Ambassador, regardless on club access or not, arrival lounge serve only juice, coffee + soft drink, but departure lounge is better than resort lounge) in my opinion.

So hope that it help you,
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:15 pm

190$ for club access is worth, if you are not familiar with vietnamese food and good in western food.
Afternoon tea: some biscuits, sweets & very small sandwiches + TWG tea, can order unlimited, so yes, can replace lunch but nothing special, From 14h30 until 16h30
Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:20 pm

Same like cocktails hours, from 17h00 until 19h00
Except this time, only some fruit + soft drinks
I'm not vegetarian, so cannot advise anythings about vege.
Club come with free minibar also, except champagne and wines
Complimentary for all rooms: espresso machine, TWG tea, mineral water - never count but they are in every corner of the room, even bath room)

Of course you can go out for lunch & dinner, but only if you can order properly and not be cheated. Although restaurant cheating are not common in Da Nang (best place to live in Viet Nam) but it is happen.

Eating in resort restaurant (except La Maison 1988 - very expensive but ok for fine dinning) is not recommended, is expensive and not tasty, we signed children menu in Citron or Barefoot about 50$ for two kids every time.

In the end of the day, i think that you will pay the same amount (190)+ some luck: resort breakfast, going out for lunch & dinner + taxi but for better food)

Domestic lounge, both arival and departure are free for Ambassador, regardless on club access or not, arrival lounge serve only juice, coffee + soft drink, but departure lounge is better than resort lounge) in my opinion.

Hi. Since I will arrive at the int'l terminal,
I wonder if the airport lounge is located in the non-restriced area?
Is it at a reasonable distance from int'l terminal? Thanks

Last edited by minam; Jul 16, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:26 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by minam
Hi. Since I will arrive at the int'l terminal,
I wonder if the airport lounge is located in the non-restriced area?
Is it at a reasonable distance from int'l terminal? Thanks
I think this access is only limited to the domestic lounge at DAD.
International airport is either Saigon/HCM or Hanoi which you usually need to transfer from for a flight to DAD.
I might be wrong though
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:55 am

I tried to redeem for one night at IC Da Nang, but when I checked yesterday (07/17) the rewards night was sold out for any day from now till next year . IHG have increased 25,000 points to 35,000 points in last May. Even if I have 35,000 points now, I couldn't redeem now. Isn't it weird? I'm going to email IHG Rewards Customer Service? Is there any suggestion?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I think this access is only limited to the domestic lounge at DAD.
International airport is either Saigon/HCM or Hanoi which you usually need to transfer from for a flight to DAD.
I might be wrong though
The lounge is only available on the domestic side. It is great and better than the other airline lounges by far. More like a mini f lounge. I was hugely impressed by the airport service and limo provided for club guests.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by philuccom
I tried to redeem for one night at IC Da Nang, but when I checked yesterday (07/17) the rewards night was sold out for any day from now till next year . IHG have increased 25,000 points to 35,000 points in last May. Even if I have 35,000 points now, I couldn't redeem now. Isn't it weird? I'm going to email IHG Rewards Customer Service? Is there any suggestion?
I emailed to IHG Rewards Club Service and have this answer
"Please note that Reward Night rooms are strictly based on availability. There are a limited amount of rooms set aside for the use of points. Once those rooms are reserved, the hotel can no longer offer free night rooms even if they have other rooms available for a paying rate"

The problem is IC Da Nang doesn't let member to reverse any day with points from now to June 2016.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:18 am

It now bookable, but for 50K, according to last buying point promo, 565$/ per 100K point, now reward night cost 280$
this property even was on Point Break in 2012
Same 2012, standard room was 220$, reward 25K
2013, club room was 280$
2014, club room was 440$
2015, club room was 540$
2016, should be 830$,
(all BFR)
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:53 am

It now bookable, but for 50K, according to last buying point promo, 565$/ per 100K point, now reward night cost 280$
2013, club room was 280$
2014, club room was 440$
2015, club room was 540$
2016, should be 830$,
(all BFR)
Wow wow wow, IHG has just increase from 25k to 35k last May and now 50k points. I feel betrayed by being loyalty with IHG.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:57 am

2013, club room was 280$
2014, club room was 440$
2015, club room was 540$
2016, should be 830$,
(all BFR)
I have just checked again. It couldn't be book by points anymore. How did you check?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:50 am
IHG 5+ Badge

I booked 2 nights with 35,000 points 6 weeks ago successfully (For February 2016). I wanted to make a small change last week but realized that I could not book anything for the rest of 2016.

Do realize that i booked more than 6mths in advance. IC Danang, IC Koh Samui etc are good burn properties, I do expect it to run out of reward availability fast. Early bird gets the worm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.