InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I have just checked and rewards night is available for instance on 20th of March. But if you go to the calendar you won't find availability ...
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Do you get anything like free breakfast here for being a Spire Elite member?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:01 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Free breakfast at this property usually comes with club benefits so it will be wise to add on club.

As Spire elite, there was no free breakfast offered for me, but since I paid for a room upgrade and club at good spire rates, breakfast can be taken at Citron, Club Lounge or In-Room.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Free breakfast at this property usually comes with club benefits so it will be wise to add on club.

As Spire elite, there was no free breakfast offered for me, but since I paid for a room upgrade and club at good spire rates, breakfast can be taken at Citron, Club Lounge or In-Room.
Thanks for that information! Very useful... Follow-up: Can you help me understand how upgrade rates work w/ spire, etc? I'm planning on booking 5 nights here, four with points, one with my IHG Annual night, and I'd like to upgrade to club with a spire elite rate.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
ROFL

Free breakfast ain't a perk for RAs. So what do you expect as a plain Spire member?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
ROFL

Free breakfast ain't a perk for RAs. So what do you expect as a plain Spire member?
Get off the floor, mate!
Did I indicate that I had expectations? Just asking!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:29 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Thanks for that information! Very useful... Follow-up: Can you help me understand how upgrade rates work w/ spire, etc? I'm planning on booking 5 nights here, four with points, one with my IHG Annual night, and I'd like to upgrade to club with a spire elite rate.
Hey there, Perhaps you could do a basic room booking for the dates that you are thinking of going. 3 days under one booking and 2 nights under bogo.

And then, you can write an email to the resort manager, and quote the 2 reservation numbers I will send you a PM shortly. He will be able to negotiate good rates for you for any upgrades and club access.

My recommendation is Club Penninsula Suite room 218.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:31 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
ROFL

Get off your high horse mate, I've received many PMs from RAs on how i got great benefits as a "plain Spire member" that other RAs aren't getting.

As always, YMMV.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:25 am

For anyone that has been recently, can you comment on transportation options and prices from the airport? Also, is there anywhere you could recommend to purchase some snacks, wine, and beer off the resort? Maybe somewhere on the way to the resort?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by tylerc
For anyone that has been recently, can you comment on transportation options and prices from the airport? Also, is there anywhere you could recommend to purchase some snacks, wine, and beer off the resort? Maybe somewhere on the way to the resort?
Hotel provided transport costs are high - so local taxis are much better value (and there are plenty available at the airport and outside the hotel itself).

No food or drink to purchase on site (except in the restaurants/bars).

We made use of the free hotel shuttle to the town center (10:30am I think) - did some shopping in a local supermarket and then caught the shuttle back 2 hours later. Otherwise ask you taxi to take you to a supermarket on the way to the hotel (a small one ideally, one I was taken to once was so big it took 10 minutes just to get in and find the grocery section!)

The only benefits we got as Platinum was the free fruit & water which was replenished every morning - and to be honest was enough food until lunch time.

Spent 6 nights there (when it was 25k each) - which was really amazing value. Had at least 1 meal a day onsite (and happy hour cocktails) - which came to about US$1000 spend in F&B. Still considering the 6 nights were so cheap in miles terms - was happy to spend on F&B instead.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Hotel provided transport costs are high - so local taxis are much better value (and there are plenty available at the airport and outside the hotel itself).

No food or drink to purchase on site (except in the restaurants/bars).

We made use of the free hotel shuttle to the town center (10:30am I think) - did some shopping in a local supermarket and then caught the shuttle back 2 hours later. Otherwise ask you taxi to take you to a supermarket on the way to the hotel (a small one ideally, one I was taken to once was so big it took 10 minutes just to get in and find the grocery section!)

The only benefits we got as Platinum was the free fruit & water which was replenished every morning - and to be honest was enough food until lunch time.

Spent 6 nights there (when it was 25k each) - which was really amazing value. Had at least 1 meal a day onsite (and happy hour cocktails) - which came to about US$1000 spend in F&B. Still considering the 6 nights were so cheap in miles terms - was happy to spend on F&B instead.
Thanks for the info! Very helpful!

Do you recall how much, approximately, the taxi was?

Did you receive any upgrade, or did you get the classic king resort view? I booked at 25k, so it's great value for me!

Last edited by tylerc; Feb 19, 2016 at 5:23 pm
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Jan2016 visit

Simply walk outside Da Nang arrivals building and get normal metered taxi. If light traffic (other than loads of motorikes which outnumber cars) it is about 35minutes and 320,000vnd

For return simply take the hotel car at us$40 = 840,000 vnd, or splash out us$65 for BMW 7-series.
That way car drivers can organise resorts airport staff to greet you at airport kerb as car arrives, and accompany you through checkin etc and on through to Resorts own dedicated large airside Airport Lounge. Lounges Coffee/Tea/Sodas are free, the alcoholic drinks you need to pay for.

Resort is isolated so supplies need trip to town takes you 4hours using free shuttle, so I would rather buy a beer.
...Suggest you simply ask taxi driver from airport to stop at small store to pick up some sodas/beers/snacks on the way to the IC. You pass loads of shops in Da Nang center on the way.

Last edited by scubaccr; Feb 20, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Jan2016 visit

Simply walk outside Da Nang arrivals building and get normal metered taxi. If light traffic (other than loads of motorikes which outnumber cars) it is about 35minutes and 320,000vnd

For return simply take the hotel car at us$40 = 840,000 vnd, or splash out us$65 for BMW 7-series.
That way car drivers can organise resorts airport staff to greet you at airport kerb as car arrives, and accompany you through checkin etc and on through to Resorts own dedicated large airside Airport Lounge. Lounges Coffee/Tea/Sodas are free, the alcoholic drinks you need to pay for.

Resort is isolated so supplies need trip to town takes you 4hours using free shuttle, so I would rather buy a beer.
...Suggest you simply ask taxi driver from airport to stop at small store to pick up some sodas/beers/snacks on the way to the IC. You pass loads of shops in Da Nang center on the way.
Thanks for your help! The hotel's lounge is only for domestic flights, is it not?

On another note, does Asiana have a lounge at DAD??
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: BA IHG
T
Do you recall how much, approximately, the taxi was?

Did you receive any upgrade, or did you get the classic king resort view? I booked at 25k, so it's great value for me!
We were given a 1 category upgrade (as Ambassador), but i didn expect it as technically on award booking they didn't have to.

Thanks for your help! The hotel's lounge is only for domestic flights, is it not?

On another note, does Asiana have a lounge at DAD??
Yes, hotel's lounge is only for domestic flights as it's in the domestic side of the terminal. I was flying Dragonair and they used a pretty generic lounge (so likely Asiana has some lounge agreement if not their own). It was pretty bad mine you.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:49 am

For anyone that had club access, can you comment on what the food options were like? My wife is vegan - did everything contain meat or fish? What are the club breakfast options like? If anyone has pictures of the type of food/snacks in the club, that would be really helpful!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.