InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:58 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc
For anyone that had club access, can you comment on what the food options were like? My wife is vegan - did everything contain meat or fish? What are the club breakfast options like? If anyone has pictures of the type of food/snacks in the club, that would be really helpful!
Club Breakfast
Ala minute + extended buffet format. Some examples are Crepes with pear and ice cream, congee, truffled scramble eggs with quail(meat) and smoked salmon. Since club lounge is beside Citron, the buffet extends to it as well so the spread is quite crazy.

Afternoon Tea
Tiered tray + limited buffet format. The afternoon tray is made to order, the chef will prepare for you what you want, so simply indicate vegan or a mix and they the chef will work his magic. Due to this it usually takes 15mins for the tray to be ready, Selection of cheeses and jams are part of the buffet.

Evening Cocktails
Chef's plate + limited buffet format. Chef's plate is a hand prepared plate of 4 tapas which you can inform the chef about vegan preference. It is cooked and served to table. You also have a buffet of mostly meaty items.

Upon check in at the club lounge, (time it so you check in during tea), talk to Mr. Jason (Lounge Manager) and let him know that your wife is vegan, everything else will be taken care of like clockwork (my experience).
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
For anyone that had club access, can you comment on what the food options were like? My wife is vegan - did everything contain meat or fish? What are the club breakfast options like? If anyone has pictures of the type of food/snacks in the club, that would be really helpful!
If your party has special allergy/dietary needs it is really the hotel you should email direct.

I'll PM you email for 'Director of Guest Services'

Last edited by scubaccr; Feb 22, 2016 at 8:25 am
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:57 am

Anyone else that's stayed here find the beds to be incredibly hard?

I think they have the hardest bed I've ever slept in. Also find it strange that there's no sheets, just one covering the mattress and a duvet.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:45 am
IHG 5+ Badge

"Supplementary Room Upgrades paid to hotel are not eligible for points accrual"
I mean isn't it a spending at the hotel ?

Can anyone confirm this ? If it's true then I just missed out on 12,000 points.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by jedicat666

nope when i spent on upgrades i was given the points - you might be better off asking Guest relations at the hotel to follow it up for you.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:10 am

Upsell of room type category and club lounge should get recorded against room rate when booking a qualifying rate stay

Issue is when booking an award night and taking an Upsell, and since award night is counted as a non-qual night, even if Upsell monies added to initial zero room date no points accrue

f+b spend is accounted differently , not to room rate but spend and thus accrues points
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Upsell of room type category and club lounge should get recorded against room rate when booking a qualifying rate stay

Issue is when booking an award night and taking an Upsell, and since award night is counted as a non-qual night, even if Upsell monies added to initial zero room date no points accrue

f+b spend is accounted differently , not to room rate but spend and thus accrues points
I have gotten points on award reservations for Club upsell several times (IC Phnom Penh on points break, IC Singapore, IC Bali with itn nights), so I would insist on it again at costumer service.

BR FC
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by fairchecker
I have gotten points on award reservations for Club upsell several times (IC Phnom Penh on points break, IC Singapore, IC Bali with itn nights), so I would insist on it again at costumer service.

BR FC
Yes agree, mine was based against upsell of award night
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Anyone else that's stayed here find the beds to be incredibly hard?

I think they have the hardest bed I've ever slept in. Also find it strange that there's no sheets, just one covering the mattress and a duvet.
Did you ever travel outside the United States before?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Did you ever travel outside the United States before?
lol, well since I'm from Canada, I'm outside of the United States frequently

Turns out the mattress was upside down (???) and the pillow top was on the bottom. Once that was sorted out the bed turned out to be very comfortable!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:09 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Thanks for the feedback, I think I have also received points for supplementary upgrades on non-qual stays in IC HK, so i will bring this up with amb services and also guest relations.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:28 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Contacted IHG Ambassador services.

Was basically told they were not able to give me the points for supplementary upgrades on rewards stays.

But I was given points for F&B eligible spend (reward stay), so why am i not getting points for supplementary upgrade since its also eligible spend ?

Person replied saying that the F&B spend goes through IHG, so it is eliglble for points, but supplementary room upgrades do not go through IHG it is directly with hotel.

Funny thing is, i said both the upgrades and F&B are on the same IHG bill.

He told me he couldn't help anymore.

Have wrote to guest relations in IC Danang.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
lol, well since I'm from Canada, I'm outside of the United States frequently

Turns out the mattress was upside down (???) and the pillow top was on the bottom. Once that was sorted out the bed turned out to be very comfortable!
That explains it. I found the mattress very European style which is considered S hard by North American travellers. If it was, however, upside down, it might have been good for an Indian Fakir but not for a normal traveller
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
It's an amazing hotel in an amazing place. I live in Vietnam and I can tell you
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:30 pm

Contacted IHG Ambassador services.

Was basically told they were not able to give me the points for supplementary upgrades on rewards stays.

But I was given points for F&B eligible spend (reward stay), so why am i not getting points for supplementary upgrade since its also eligible spend ?

Person replied saying that the F&B spend goes through IHG, so it is eliglble for points, but supplementary room upgrades do not go through IHG it is directly with hotel.

Funny thing is, i said both the upgrades and F&B are on the same IHG bill.

He told me he couldn't help anymore.

Have wrote to guest relations in IC Danang.
If you display your posted sty you can click on the details line to expand and that lists your stay expenditure by area in the hotel

You should see room Upsell and/or lounge Upsell amount added to room rate line and f+b added to another line. Also other lines such as nonqual, other where eg parking which earns zero spend points goes

It is always a ymmv scenario as some hotels often/always post incorrectly and generously in favour of guests some stay variables whilst other hotels , eg a bogo stay posting as 2x qual nights not 1x night.

Despite what some fters have said on rare ocaasion when I Upsell on award nights I note zero points but on paid at same hotel I get Upsell points. I just roll with that and accept on basis award night is non-qual stay , so I accept my Upsell expenditure that is booked against room rate earns zero points, whereas my f&b on awards does give me points

I'd only fight IHG/Hotel for rom Upsell points on a paid qual rate stay, like for my Jan 2016 IC-Bangkok where my 6700++ per night room Upsell never posted as points, and although on my invoice at checkout, is omitted from the accounts posted stay details expanded view

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.