Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I'm very, very new to IHG BRGs (only done a couple of Choice ones). Let me use a hypothetical example here:

HI Adv Pur Rate $139
HI Flex Rate for Same Room Type $179

Does the lower rate I found have to be lower than the Adv Pur rate, or would it work if I find a cancelable rate in between the $139 and $179? In other words, if I reserve the flex rate at $179, find a non Adv Pur cancelable rate of $149, and put in the claim, what's the chance of it working? Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:21 pm

Can someone give some tips on which websites they have used in the past??
I am in need to get this done and I cant find a web site that it works for...
TIA
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:23 pm

I have been trying to get a BRG for a Hotel in Australia. I found several websites with a lower rate but kept getting denied because they were charging in USD and not AUD. Which Hotel websites charge in AUD instead of USD? So far I have only found Expedia.com.au. Even hotelscombined.com.au links to websites charging in USD. Please help.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:28 pm

can u post or PM me the website that you have used previously maybe it will help me....
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by dazzle12
can u post or PM me the website that you have used previously maybe it will help me....
try trivago.com
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by lo2e
I'm very, very new to IHG BRGs (only done a couple of Choice ones). Let me use a hypothetical example here:

HI Adv Pur Rate $139
HI Flex Rate for Same Room Type $179

Does the lower rate I found have to be lower than the Adv Pur rate, or would it work if I find a cancelable rate in between the $139 and $179? In other words, if I reserve the flex rate at $179, find a non Adv Pur cancelable rate of $149, and put in the claim, what's the chance of it working? Thanks for any help.
You need to find something that is lower than $137 (because you need the 1% price difference). Also if they turn your claim down for whatever reason you will be stuck with your reservation - so make sure that you are ok with the $139 rate in case it doesn't work out.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:46 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by nacho
You need to find something that is lower than $137 (because you need the 1% price difference). Also if they turn your claim down for whatever reason you will be stuck with your reservation - so make sure that you are ok with the $139 rate in case it doesn't work out.
Thank you very much for this - so in other words, I can't reserve the $179 rate and then submit the claim, I have to reserve the $139 rate?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
Question to those with successful claims.

A couple weeks ago 2 my claims were approved. One - 3 night-stay, another - 1 night. Since then no updates, no emails. The status and the "total" still the same as I booked.
The time of the trips is coming. What if the don't change it before my stay. Will I have to pay full initial total first, and then, when I am back home, they "transfer" (or what they do?) money back? What about 1-night stay? it supposed to be free. Can happen that I need to pay for it and later on get a refund?
Thanks
P.S. It were fully flexible rates. The hotels are in Middle East. I am from Central Europe.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by ladyfirst
A couple weeks ago 2 my claims were approved. One - 3 night-stay, another - 1 night. Since then no updates, no emails. The status and the "total" still the same as I booked.
The time of the trips is coming. What if the don't change it before my stay. Will I have to pay full initial total first, and then, when I am back home, they "transfer" (or what they do?) money back? What about 1-night stay? it supposed to be free. Can happen that I need to pay for it and later on get a refund?
Thanks
P.S. It were fully flexible rates. The hotels are in Middle East. I am from Central Europe.
Call the BRG team , I have been on the phone (skype) to them fair few times and they have been quite helpful to be honest.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:45 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lo2e
Thank you very much for this - so in other words, I can't reserve the $179 rate and then submit the claim, I have to reserve the $139 rate?
Why are you even asking? If you want to try to compare a flex to a flex, there's no penalty for canceling. So try it. It will probably work out anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Why are you even asking? If you want to try to compare a flex to a flex, there's no penalty for canceling. So try it. It will probably work out anyway.
Agree totally, if its BFR (which is increasingly hard to find for BRGs) its a no win no fee!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Call the BRG team , I have been on the phone (skype) to them fair few times and they have been quite helpful to be honest.
Thank you. Will do so.
Old May 1, 2013, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
It depends on what the BRG staff decides, because they have various ways to interpret the rules. I have NEVER got any success to compare any ADP vs Full Flex without booking the ADP rate at ihg.com.

Of course there is no harm to try but just don't expect that it will work - see previous posts. Very likely they will say that it will require you to book the ADP rate in order to qualify for the claim - the choice is yours. They can deny your claim even though they previous say that it will be qualified (they can tell the hotel to change the rate etc.).
Old May 2, 2013, 4:24 pm
ffj

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
Switch

I have a BRG approved for a Holiday Inn. I would prefer a second location within 50 miles of that location, for that night. If I cancel the first approved BRG reservation, and then make a new reservation at the second location and submit a BRG for the second location, on the same night, will the second BRG be denied as a violation of the T&C? Any experience with this? Thank you.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by ffj
I have a BRG approved for a Holiday Inn. I would prefer a second location within 50 miles of that location, for that night. If I cancel the first approved BRG reservation, and then make a new reservation at the second location and submit a BRG for the second location, on the same night, will the second BRG be denied as a violation of the T&C? Any experience with this? Thank you.
I have just done everything that you talk about doing and this minute received a response. I cancelled my original approved BRG, and re-submitted for a better hotel/location. Even though I cancelled my claim, they still class it as a valid on their system and therefore are unable to approve another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.