Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I got a approved claim for today then 3 hours before I'm arriving at the hotel I got a follow up email and discussing the claim has been revoked and I won't be getting a free night and now il be paying $550 for the stay.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:23 pm

Why was it revoked?

I have had two claims revoked in the past...I don't see how they can go back on an approval! Lucky for me my travel is two months away

I would definitely complain or dispute the charge on a credit card.

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I got a approved claim for today then 3 hours before I'm arriving at the hotel I got a follow up email and discussing the claim has been revoked and I won't be getting a free night and now il be paying $550 for the stay.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:29 pm

What is the official reason for the revoke? It seems unethical (but maybe legal) to revoke a successfully claimed case so close to the check-in time.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:04 am

Q & A from the BRG team

Q: Can 2 members from the same family (with the same address) each claim a BRG room at the same date at a same hotel? It's because there will be 4 of us.

A: No. The program limits 1 free night per house hold at the same hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other. As our program implies - that if members of the same household, as defined as persons with the same address on file regardless of relation or lack thereof, make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.

Q: If my reservation at Hotel A on 1 May 2013 has its BRG approved already, and after the approval, I cancel my reservation, can I file a new claim later on at Hotel B at the same city on the same date?

A: No. Once a free night has been honored to a valid claim, changes on the reservation (including cancellation of the reservation there of) would mean that the guest is waiving his / her right to earn the free night of the reservation. Since there is already an awarded free night to a claim of the guest, he / she can no longer claim another free night on the same claim instance (i.e. same date or consecutive nights). As the program stipulates – “Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date.”
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Q: Can 2 members from the same family (with the same address) each claim a BRG room at the same date at a same hotel? It's because there will be 4 of us.

A: No. The program limits 1 free night per house hold at the same hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other. As our program implies - that if members of the same household, as defined as persons with the same address on file regardless of relation or lack thereof, make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.
As per the terms and conditions posted on the official website on 13 January 2013, your statement above is incorrect.

A related clause in the terms and conditions reads:
Additional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date. If members of the same household make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
This clause only disallows two things:
  • the same person to claim more than one free room for the same date; and
  • members from the same household to claim more than one free room in the same or "nearby" hotels (i.e. hotels less than 50 miles apart) for consecutive nights.
However, members from the same household are allowed to claim rooms for the same date. In other words, the situation in your question is allowed.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by samwkchan
What is the official reason for the revoke? It seems unethical (but maybe legal) to revoke a successfully claimed case so close to the check-in time.
Dear Mr. XXX,

Warm greetings from the Best Price Guarantee (BPG) help desk.

Upon further review for your upcoming reservation at the InterContinental Hotels Sydney arrival date 13 January 2013, we had found out that the lower rate offered at www.XXX is under a different rate type from the one booked from our IHG Website.

Referring to the Terms and Conditions of the program, clause 8:

Packages Comparison. Room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages. These package or inclusive prices must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items.

Using test reservation that we went through at www.XXXX, the rate type turns out to be under Business Sense for AUD XXX. Said room rate and package has a similar offer from our IHG Website.

For further reference, below is the captured screenshot of the confirmation e-mail after completing the test booking:

Further, returning to the program’s Ts and Cs, clause 12.

He approved the claim two days ago and now denied it 4 hours before check in. Because he said when they make a dummy reservation on the third party it shows as a business sense rate and not bed and breakfast. Again this is internal information and not available to the general public as clause 7 states. I have been agruing with them about it for 2 days. This one was approved and then later did some more then they denied the rest and then today sent a further email denying today . Thru the whole booking process it says bed and breakfast best flexible not once does it show business sense rate.

Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:06 am

I called IHG Best Price Guarantee..and this is exactly what they said.

Strangely..I have had a two room reservation made complimentary before.

Originally Posted by samwkchan
As per the terms and conditions posted on the official website on 13 January 2013, your statement above is incorrect.

A related clause in the terms and conditions reads:

This clause only disallows two things:
  • the same person to claim more than one free room for the same date; and
  • members from the same household to claim more than one free room in the same or "nearby" hotels (i.e. hotels less than 50 miles apart) for consecutive nights.
However, members from the same household are allowed to claim rooms for the same date. In other words, the situation in your question is allowed.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:27 am

swiss franks hotel site

really need your help asap guys need a hotel site that quotes and you can pay in swiss franks chf -- anybody know?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:43 am

I know what's happening. Once you book a room (standard room) they go over it nothing major. When you book a few rooms say 2 or 3 standard room nothing exciting happens . When you do 5+ rooms club access , breakfast they reply with the we are still investigating and get back to you. If they can't find anything then the last resort is they change it in their system and deny the claims.

I'm basing this on my first reservation got approved , my scecond reservation got approved. My third and forth and sisters 2 got were looking further into it. Then another friend joined in for 3 rooms and I added another 2 and they came back and said sorry it shows us a different Reservtion in our system. They have the ability to change this and because of that your claim can never be 100% gauranteed approved.

My reservation was 100% I know what I'm doing I even made a booking on the third party site cc details confirmation everything. Showed as exactly what I compared it to on IHG called the hotel confirmed the booking as a eastern harbour view with breakfast . Then I started getting the replies sorry when you make a reservation it comes thru to us as a eastern harbour view with breakfast and a 25% discount on Internet (business sense) package. Now the business sense rate has only 1 breakfast for two guests my reservations has breakfast included for two guest . The superiors response from the best rate guarantee department was they suggest I contact the third party site if I have a problem with breakfast .

So again I say even if you compare deluxe suite with breakfast and on the 3rd deluxe suite with breakfast . They have the ability to decline your reservation every single time based on internal information which nobody else has control over . They can say even tho the third party site shows deluxe with breakfast when we make the booking on the third party site it comes thru without breakfast and therefore we can not honour the best rate guarantee.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:14 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I know what's happening. Once you book a room (standard room) they go over it nothing major. When you book a few rooms say 2 or 3 standard room nothing exciting happens . When you do 5+ rooms club access , breakfast they reply with the we are still investigating and get back to you. If they can't find anything then the last resort is they change it in their system and deny the claims.
I have an idea. How about if you only claim for 1 room in the future and let this program live a longer, more fulfilling life for everyone?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm basing this on my first reservation got approved , my scecond reservation got approved. My third and forth and sisters 2 got were looking further into it. Then another friend joined in for 3 rooms and I added another 2 and they came back and said sorry it shows us a different Reservtion in our system. They have the ability to change this and because of that your claim can never be 100% gauranteed approved.
Little wonder they deny you?

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I have an idea. How about if you only claim for 1 room in the future and let this program live a longer, more fulfilling life for everyone?
My thought exactly.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:01 pm

What did they tell actually?

Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
I called IHG Best Price Guarantee..and this is exactly what they said.

Strangely..I have had a two room reservation made complimentary before.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

so I'm calculating around 10 or 11 rooms in total? you got your first, second, third and fourth approved, your sisters got one or two between them (that part's not clear), your friend got three, then you went for another two - that's around 10 or 11 rooms? (potentially 20 or 22 people all up?) All with club access and harbour views?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
so I'm calculating around 10 or 11 rooms in total? you got your first, second, third and fourth approved, your sisters got one or two between them (that part's not clear), your friend got three, then you went for another two - that's around 10 or 11 rooms? (potentially 20 or 22 people all up?) All with club access and harbour views?
As much as one can critize over-use, it is established that this scheme is not for the customers, but is a way for PC to "punish" hotels selling rooms cheaper outside official channels.

Its not like there is quota of nights to distribute. If one person takes 100 nights, no problem (within t&c). Thats what PC is paying for.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
As much as one can critize over-use, it is established that this scheme is not for the customers, but is a way for PC to "punish" hotels selling rooms cheaper outside official channels.

Its not like there is quota of nights to distribute. If one person takes 100 nights, no problem (within t&c). Thats what PC is paying for.
A popular, yet never confirmed, myth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.