Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by newstuff
Smoking and my reservations get changed to 3 people as well.
Typical IHG - same here.

I just got my reimbursements for my BRG stays, they paid me approximately EUR 120 less than what I have paid

My BRG nights are certainly NOT free and even some of the night that I paid in advance are now counted as non-qualifying nights = no points
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I have had a few BRG's and none of them treated me badly. Upgrades are less likely, but I have had no bad rooms, and staff have all be fine
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by newstuff
Smoking and my reservations get changed to 3 people as well.
Yeah, that as well. Print it in case you want to bring some
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:47 pm

Hotel tax issue

Hi, guys,

I'm recently helping a friend to file BRG for NY hotel, the BRG was initially approved but then it was revoked, after 3days or so. They gave the reason that they have reviewed the competitor website which I have used for comparison, saying that the website doesn't include city tax as what has been included by the hotel. The third party do state that their do include HOTEL TAX. BRG team argue that hotel tax is not the same as city tax. It's only described as 'TAX' on IHG.com.

I did some research online and here is what I got : http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes...City-taxes.htm

According to this resource, Hotel tax is the same as City tax. Can somebody justify it and if possible please share the official link about NY tax description.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:38 pm

Does anyone knows if Easyclicktravel.com and their international sites provide an instant confirmation after booking?
Thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Does anyone knows if Easyclicktravel.com and their international sites provide an instant confirmation after booking?
Thank you.
If they offer best flex rates it should be easy to test.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
If they offer best flex rates it should be easy to test.
Thanks for the tip
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I have had a few BRG's and none of them treated me badly. Upgrades are less likely, but I have had no bad rooms, and staff have all be fine
Lol...I think I've only ever had bad treatment once - at a Hojo years ago when they had a similar BRG deal.

Anyhow...I can't believe I got myself in the door of InterContinental's flagship property

It seems that even their flagship property isn't immune to BPG's

I doubt the treatment will be *that* bad considering I've got IHG Plat (though I'm not bothering with Ambassador).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
I got a claim approved with the confirmation number received by calling them.
But my stay is less than a week away and I have yet to receive an email. Seeing all the reimbursement horror stories, I would rather not pay at the hotel. What should I do? Do some hotels just have you pay and have BRG handle the reimbursement later?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, guys,

I'm recently helping a friend to file BRG for NY hotel, the BRG was initially approved but then it was revoked, after 3days or so. They gave the reason that they have reviewed the competitor website which I have used for comparison, saying that the website doesn't include city tax as what has been included by the hotel. The third party do state that their do include HOTEL TAX. BRG team argue that hotel tax is not the same as city tax. It's only described as 'TAX' on IHG.com.

I did some research online and here is what I got : http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes...City-taxes.htm

According to this resource, Hotel tax is the same as City tax. Can somebody justify it and if possible please share the official link about NY tax description.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Many city taxes are separately charged from the regular hotel tax. In the case of NYC I can tell you my actual experience is, the City taxes are separately charged at the hotel level, separately, even on an award stay which you dont need to pay Hotel Tax. I also had a BRG stay at IC Time Sq. The city taxes actually showed up on the folio (as well as some overage on the breakfast allowance) but the front desk waived all the extras (City taxes were a few bucks on a $560 room and the breakfast overage was also a few bucks.)

Same thing can be said in many many European hotels.

You can think the Hotel Taxes are being charged by the county and the state, sort of like a sales tax of a specific category, but then city levy its own taxes on that. The rates are also different.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gnof
I got a claim approved with the confirmation number received by calling them.
But my stay is less than a week away and I have yet to receive an email. Seeing all the reimbursement horror stories, I would rather not pay at the hotel. What should I do? Do some hotels just have you pay and have BRG handle the reimbursement later?
Check your res on the mobile site. It often shows as house comp before you get any notification. Otherwise keep calling BRG.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, guys,

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
I had the same issue when I was trying to file a BRG for a hotel in Hong Kong and they denied based on the same reason. It doesn't matter how you defended it - I sent them official links for tax rules in HK and it's ALL been turned down.

My suggestion is to forget it and move on.

It's really annoying but there is really nothing you can do.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:21 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Can anybody recommend a IHG comparable site where the price is in THB?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:21 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
Can anybody recommend a IHG comparable site where the price is in THB?
You can always try hoteltravel.com and booking.com.

Also Google for the hotel name and THB - this often brings up a bunch of good (local) sites.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I lodged a Brg yesterday it got approved so I lodged two more . Then I got a response saying still checking . Then I get a response 12 hours later saying the third party site does shows the lower rate with breakfast however once you make a booking on the site it comes thru to our internal system as a business sense rate and not a rate with breakfast therefore your claim will be invalid .
I asked how would a consumer know what internal reservations comes thru and secondary if the third party site is displaying a rate in error I suggest you contact them . I have a few reservations here so any help would be appreciated .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.