Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
BRG Status

I just went to check the status on my brg claimed room and after clicking through to reservation details all that was stated was

"Thank you. Your reservation is confirmed.
The power of the Book With Us Advantage is in your confirmed reservation."
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: mainly UA and CO
How many claims can you get approved w/o getting flagged?
I got 3 hotels approved in the past 5 weeks and wanted to get some feedback on other's people experience with using pricematch frequently...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I just went to check the status on my brg claimed room and after clicking through to reservation details all that was stated was

"Thank you. Your reservation is confirmed.
The power of the Book With Us Advantage is in your confirmed reservation."
Check your reservation on priority club mobile website...google it=)
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:49 am

This is incredible. They denied me because an even lower rate than the lower rate I claimed was available!!

The rate I booked through IHG.com was $400+. The rate I found on another site was approx $250, so I submitted a claim. When IHG went to check, the rate on the lower website was approx $180. The $250 lower rate I claimed was no longer there.

IHG responded with a screenshot, stating, "as checked the lower rate claimed for 250 is not available at __ Hotel for May __ as shown below. As the lower rate claimed is not bookable at the time of verification, we’re unable to approve your claim."

So they denied me, when they knew a lower rate was available! It was just lower than the rate I had claimed.

What sites are you using to get your claim approved? It seems like IHG wiggles out of a lot of these.

Last edited by bmw303; Apr 21, 2013 at 10:05 am
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by bmw303
This is incredible. They denied me because an even lower rate than the lower rate I claimed was available!!

The rate I booked through IHG.com was $400+. The rate I found on another site was approx $250, so I submitted a claim. When IHG went to check, the rate on the lower website was approx $180. The $250 lower rate I claimed was no longer there.

IHG responded with a screenshot, stating, "as checked the lower rate claimed for 250 is not available at __ Hotel for May __ as shown below. As the lower rate claimed is not bookable at the time of verification, we’re unable to approve your claim."

So they denied me, when they knew a lower rate was available! It was just lower than the rate I had claimed.

What sites are you using to get your claim approved? It seems like IHG wiggles out of a lot of these.
I assume you sent them an email? If you had called you would have been approved. I had a similar case that was denied initially and I argued with the agent and she ended approving mine. I think calling is a better choice since you never know when they check your website. I so far had three approvals but had to cancel two of them due to schedule change.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by bmw303

If you have filed a claim less than 24hrs ago, file another one using the same site.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:32 pm

Double superior vs king superior

I'm looking at a possible BRG claim where everything qualifies, however the cheaper rate specifies "double superior" room as opposed to the Priority club site where the room is king superior. Any thoughts on this working?

The hotel only has king, king exec and king suite so no doubt it must be the same.

On a side note is there anyway to call the BRG number for free, spent 30 mins for a claim on the 0871 number? (the UK number)
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
On a side note is there anyway to call the BRG number for free, spent 30 mins for a claim on the 0871 number? (the UK number)
Call US 1-800 number for free via Skype.

Or check if http://saynoto0870.com/ has an alternative UK number.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:03 pm

Update

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Call US 1-800 number for free via Skype.

Or check if http://saynoto0870.com/ has an alternative UK number.
Thanks for the skype tip....
I managed to call the Brg team via skype on my extremely choppy Virgin media connection last night and was approved , however with real difficulty as it was like deciphering a morse code message!! so to answer my own question here it seems the difference between double and king superior room was not an issue for the claim.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Thanks for the skype tip....
I managed to call the Brg team via skype on my extremely choppy Virgin media connection last night and was approved , however with real difficulty as it was like deciphering a morse code message!! so to answer my own question here it seems the difference between double and king superior room was not an issue for the claim.

That's as expected, since King generally refers to size of double bed, like queen double bed, not a room type like classic, superior, deluxe, executive.

If one quote/booking says eg 'deluxe double' , the other 'deluxe twin', then you could be denied as then although same room type, beds are different as twin generally refers to a double room having two single beds.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Are BRG agent's voices digitally altered? I had 3 claims approved in the last days, all by phone, handled by different agents (at least they gave different names) but I swear their voices sounded exactly the same.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:30 am

Does anybody know in which currency "hoteltravel.com" charges the credit card ? ( i have a potential BRG in Malaysia)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
Does anybody know in which currency "hoteltravel.com" charges the credit card ? ( i have a potential BRG in Malaysia)
EUR - if the hotel is in Europe. USD if the hotel is in the US. Try searching for billing currency when you search and you will find out.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:11 am

Thanks. The billing currency is USD. Therefore I presume, that it is not usable.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:25 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by want2fly4less
It depends on the particular country/ hotel. It will show on the next screen (before entering your CC details).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.