Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by osugrad2x
Hello, I'm planning a trip to Conrad and Thalasso. How did you transfer between the hotels? Do I have to take the hotel boat to airport then hotel boat from airport to new hotel?
There are local tour operators that will do it for a reasonable price. If you use the hotel they will use the same operators and charge you 3 times the amount. If you look through this thread you shield find some options.

TD
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: United 1K, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If you had the option, would you land at BOB airport at 11:05am or 2:20pm?

Keeping in mind that check-in time is 3pm I think would make sense to arrive at 2:20. However, I am wondering if it's common for people to arrive earlier to maximize time in Bora Bora and if the hotel can accommodate a 12pm early checkin without charge.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:47 am

Go early.

Worst case you need to buy a drink at the bar while you wait for your room. Disaster.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by LordDenton
If you had the option, would you land at BOB airport at 11:05am or 2:20pm?

Keeping in mind that check-in time is 3pm I think would make sense to arrive at 2:20. However, I am wondering if it's common for people to arrive earlier to maximize time in Bora Bora and if the hotel can accommodate a 12pm early checkin without charge.
I would go at 11:05. It will be about noon by the time you get to the hotel. Then at least another 30 minutes to check in. Then you can wonder around, use a day room, go to the pool/beach, just enjoy the 1000 shades of blue water, go to lunch, etc.

I forgot to mention, they will accommodate an early check in if your room is available. I have been checked in at 9am, 11am, 3pm. All depends on where your room is ready.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
It was my first visit to the island since those 4 large end of pontoon villas had been built.

On the other side:

In the evening:

Coathanger, nnn and Traveler Dave like this.

Last edited by UASPG; Feb 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:27 pm

The price for both Bora Bora properties is now 120k a night. Went from 70k to 100k, now 120k. IHG is a disgrace!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by persoid
The price for both Bora Bora properties is now 120k a night. Went from 70k to 100k, now 120k. IHG is a disgrace!
Really no different than Marriott and Hilton for their top properties.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:26 pm

Still virtually impossible to find award availability after the price increase to 120K points per night.
You'd think an increase in price will at least open up award availability.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:44 pm

Upgrades

Has anyone received quotes recently to upgrade their room on a points booking? Last time we stayed was February of 2020 and you could pay to upgrade to a pool suite. They are saying that paid upgrades are no longer available prior to arrival.

TIA
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:57 am

Whats the best way to either get from the Conrad to Thalasso directly or from Vaitape to Thelasso, without paying the hotel rates for transfers?

Id seen previously that you could get a water taxi from Vaitape to Le Moana and then get a shuttle to Thalasso, can anyone confirm if thats viable or if there is a better way?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:33 pm

How much nickel and diming to expect?

For almost a week, I woke up at 2am and booked a bungalow at the Thalasso Bora Bora using points. I have six nights booked on points in April. Reading TripAdvisor reviews beforehand and even ThePointsGuy, I was worried about the reputation of this hotel for nickle and diming it’s guests who book using points.

Today, I get an email from the hotel confirming my reservations and specifying that I would be paying about $260 a night plus tax for the 6 nights I booked entirely with points.

I called IHG and they cleared up the mistake with the hotel. I got a new email from the hotel, not apologizing or even acknowledging the error, but now showing that each night is free / booked with points.

This will be our honeymoon and we’ve been looking forward to Bora Bora for years but I don’t want to spend the whole time double checking bills to make sure they’re not overcharging us.

I guess my question to all of the seasoned hotel guests on here is: will we be able to relax on our honeymoon or is the overcharging / nickle and diming issue for points guests here real?

If it is, where can we go on points for our honeymoon where we will be treated like “paying” guests?

And yes, we know it’s Bora Bora and we have no issue paying $$ for the boats, excursions, meals etc but I hate being taken advantage of.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:52 pm

There is no reason to fear.

Imo they don't nickle and dime beyond some small aspect which you will encounter anywhere.

I suppose you are already aware about the obligatory boat fee. But again, that's for all places in BB.

You'll basically be limited to the restaurants of the hotel. But that is fine. Especially for only 6 nights.

You have a great time ahead of you. Enjoy!

​​
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sophieline88
For almost a week, I woke up at 2am and booked a bungalow at the Thalasso Bora Bora using points. I have six nights booked on points in April. Reading TripAdvisor reviews beforehand and even ThePointsGuy, I was worried about the reputation of this hotel for nickle and diming it’s guests who book using points.

Today, I get an email from the hotel confirming my reservations and specifying that I would be paying about $260 a night plus tax for the 6 nights I booked entirely with points.

I called IHG and they cleared up the mistake with the hotel. I got a new email from the hotel, not apologizing or even acknowledging the error, but now showing that each night is free / booked with points.

This will be our honeymoon and we’ve been looking forward to Bora Bora for years but I don’t want to spend the whole time double checking bills to make sure they’re not overcharging us.

I guess my question to all of the seasoned hotel guests on here is: will we be able to relax on our honeymoon or is the overcharging / nickle and diming issue for points guests here real?

If it is, where can we go on points for our honeymoon where we will be treated like “paying” guests?

And yes, we know it’s Bora Bora and we have no issue paying $$ for the boats, excursions, meals etc but I hate being taken advantage of.
Been there 3 times. All on points stays. Never felt we were being nickeled/dimed. We were even upgraded for free on two occasions. Or that that we were treated any different then cash customers. BB in general is spendy. So you will be “paying out” the whole time.

You should be checking your bill. I find mistakes all the time, no matter where I travel.

The resort is great. You will have an amazing trip!

TD
Sophieline88 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC

I was back in April of this year on 4 nights with points (+a few additional nights with money). No issues at all with nickel and diming as a points guest (beyond the regular stuff).

If you stay 7 nights or more, they will offer you one free canoe breakfast. I took advantage of this offer, but there was a charge for it when I received the bill the night before checkout. Disputed it at reception during checkout and the charge was taken off. Still annoying that I had to dispute it.

-> Breakfast was outrageously expensive (like $50+ per person for their buffet). You have the option to prepay for it during check-in, and I was offered something like 20% off. It also wasn't so great (say a breakfast in a mid-tier hotel in Germany or Japan is way way better).

Overall the food wasn't that great. You are practically in France and the bread they serve you at this hotel is stale. Stale bread! If you go to any market of the main island of bora bora or Tahiti you can get these amazing fresh baguettes and crispy white bread. None of that can be found at the Thalasso Spa.
I was so disappointed with the food. I am OK to pay for it, but at least make it taste good... I mean it's fantastic by American standards, but I guess I have been spoiled by my travels to other places.

Just be prepared to pay a lot of money for this trip no matter what. It's your honeymoon. Just write off a few thousands dollars for the ancillaries and don't think too much about it. If you end up not using it all, great! Otherwise it just plan for it and don't stress. Enjoy the amazing feeling of being in a private massive overwater villa, with ocean sounds, amazing room service, access to the water directly from your villa, and don't forget to look up at night. You can see the milky way with the naked eye!

Even with all the negatives I listed, those 7 nights I spent at Thalasso Spa were some of best vacation time of my life! I plan to go there again in a couple of years.
nnn, UASPG and Traveler Dave like this.

Last edited by LordDenton; Dec 27, 2022 at 11:19 am
Old Dec 26, 2022, 1:37 pm

Hello, I'm really impressed you were able to find 6 consecutive nights at Thalasso on points bookings! I was wondering if you had any tips about the awards booking? I've also been staying up til 2am for the last week but have barely found any award availability. I was able to find one at Thalasso and one at Le Moana but that's it. For the other dates I was not able to see any award availability. So curious if you had any tips? thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.