Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Thanks. I looked at that but it seems more of something for kids when they can stick their hands in the water and just graze the turtles. Doesn't appear people (except the trainers) get to swim with the turtles.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
They used to allow guests to swim with the turtles at the sanctuary, but stopped because some people don't know how to treat animals with respect. Some idiots were even caught standing on the backs of turtles.

We greatly enjoyed visiting the sanctuary even without being able to be in the water with them. They taught us a lot about them and brought out baby turtles that had recently hatched. I was able to take plenty of video and photos. We knew before visiting that we wouldn't get to swim with the turtles. The touch pool is interesting too. It's a small area with a diverse collection of sea life that you can touch under the supervision of the staff. Some creatures you don't touch. They teach you which things are toxic and which are safe. Lots of starfish, colorful clams and some seahorses as well as other creatures.

A great place to swim with a variety of turtles is in the Virgin Islands, especially St. John, where the practice of hunting them stopped a long time ago and therefore there are a lot of them swimming off the beaches. I've seen Hawksbill, Green and Leatherback sea turtles all around St. John. French Polynesia lost a lot of turtle populations due to hunting which is now restricted, but it still happens. The turtle sanctuary is trying to change that behavior and has rescued a lot of turtles. This is one reason I don't jet ski anymore where there are turtles. They sometimes can't get out of the way fast enough and get hit by jet skis and fast boats. Plus I've seen irresponsible jet ski riders ruin coral by recklessly going into areas they aren't supposed to go. Sorry to get off topic.

Last edited by Churnman; Feb 16, 2016 at 6:16 am
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Churnman
Some idiots were even caught standing on the backs of turtles.
Good thing I wasn't there to see that. I would have gone ballistic.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
March 17-20 available right now.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I pieced together 5 nights in March...only missing the 31st now
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:46 am

Angry

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Good thing I wasn't there to see that. I would have gone ballistic.
Me too!!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Me too!!
Totally agree! As you can imagine the staff at the sanctuary were livid and I don't blame them for stopping the swimming with turtles. Besides, you can get very close to them at the water's edge and we just stuck the camera into the water to get some great video. Some of the turtles would come up to the camera to check it out, which makes for great video. Our video looks like your in the water with them. This took place while the instructor teaches everyone about the turtles there and you sit or stand around the cement area. There's also an area with steps which go down into the large sanctuary pool where you can get next to turtles that are sunning themselves on the steps. Good place for photos.

We walked from the Thalasso to the Le Meridian via the ocean side beach trail, but that was before we knew about the dangerous dogs that live on the private property between the resorts on the long motu. They have bitten tourists and it's been so bad lately that some were taken to the hospital in Tahiti. Very wicked dogs. I did carry a big stick, but was ignorant of the real dangers. Looking back I think we weren't noticed by the dogs because we walked closer to the water instead of their property, also dangerous due to ocean side rogue wave possibility, and we didn't talk to each other and remained quiet. It was also in the heat of the day when maybe the dogs were napping. I understand you can visit the sanctuary even if you're not a guest, but must get their by boat. Not sure the costs of that.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:20 pm

Agree about the dogs. They're no joke. I rented a buggy to drive around the main island and one dog came running at us as we drove by. It's an open air vehicle (basically a golf cart) and the dog came within 10 feet of us, scaring my wife half to death.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Agree about the dogs. They're no joke. I rented a buggy to drive around the main island and one dog came running at us as we drove by. It's an open air vehicle (basically a golf cart) and the dog came within 10 feet of us, scaring my wife half to death.
If at full speed, what is faster, the dogs or the buggy?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982

If at full speed, what is faster, the dogs or the buggy?
Thankfully, the buggy. But not by much it seems. I think the buggy maxes out at 30-35 mph, which doesn't seem that fast, but on those bumpy roads with those small tires and that loud engine, it was enough.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Thankfully, the buggy. But not by much it seems. I think the buggy maxes out at 30-35 mph, which doesn't seem that fast, but on those bumpy roads with those small tires and that loud engine, it was enough.
Maybe next time bring a raw t-bone and toss it out the back as the dogs converge on the buggy?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:25 am

I've thought about bringing pepper spray with me, but we never check bags and it's not allowed in your carry on. I wonder if it would even be effective on crazy dogs? Any place to buy it in Bora Bora? Seems strange to be talking about this, but the dogs that actually belong to certain property owners are much worse than the wild ones. I've encountered the wild ones and they tend to run away after first seeming like they're the boss. But, they do like to dart out when you're in a buggy or riding a bike and it can be startling to say the least. I think it's a fun thing to them, a form of play. It's the property dogs I don't like. Technically, the property owners don't own all the way to the water, beaches are considered public, but it's not like there's an invisible fence stopping the dogs.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:42 am
Suspended

I suppose the dogs won't go in the water though.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:08 pm

Has anyone been able to see inventory at midnight EST daily? I have tried for the past few nights and wasn't able to see anything getting loaded. Should I just give up hope that I'd be able to book Thalasso? My job really doesn't allow last minute booking so those rooms that don't get released till a couple months out wouldn't work either...

FYI - As of today 2/20 12 EST, I am able to see Feb-4 check-in highlighted as blue, but there is no way to book it as the check out date is more than 50 weeks out. Do you folks have tricks on how to book it? I tried every way but still couldn't get to a booking page. Even tried calling and no luck as well.

Last edited by kristyw0606; Feb 19, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by kristyw0606
Has anyone been able to see inventory at midnight EST daily? I have tried for the past few nights and wasn't able to see anything getting loaded. Should I just give up hope that I'd be able to book Thalasso? My job really doesn't allow last minute booking so those rooms that don't get released till a couple months out wouldn't work either...

FYI - As of today 2/20 12 EST, I am able to see Feb-4 check-in highlighted as blue, but there is no way to book it as the check out date is more than 50 weeks out. Do you folks have tricks on how to book it? I tried every way but still couldn't get to a booking page. Even tried calling and no luck as well.
You are very, very, very late on the train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.