Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:30 am

OrcaSnack. Travel for business. Found this site and I check it daily when I am in the office. Lots of great info! Hope to contribute as I find out info, tips, and tricks while traveling.

Glad to be here.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:54 am

Hello!

Super newb here, learned about FT from reddit churning. Based in SFO, hoping to travel this year to NYC in the summer and SE Asia in the winter, (maybe sneak in Hawaii in between if my schedule permits) for free, or very little amount I'll be lurking for now, can't wait to learn from the experts!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:28 pm

Hello everyone I am a new member , I believe this forum to help me in my travels , and I hope to be able to give my contribution
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:25 pm

Greetings

Have used this site as a resource quite a number of times but with a new job and lots of travel desires am getting serious about miles, points, cards, and all! I am US based and have family in Europe, last 3 visits on miles. Since moving to a new area I find myself wanting to take regional car trips and so am ready to take much better advantage of hotel programs. Thanks to the mods and I hope to contribute down the line!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:08 am

Greetings to everyone. Hope everyone had a great new year. Noob here looking to use this site more often. Based in Houston. Thanks in advance for all the great information.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Cool

Hey I am in Chicago and am here to learn about manufactured spending and other ways to earn miles. I travel all the time for ridiculous prices. I fly round trip from Chicago to Minneapolis/Dallas/Kansas City for a little over $30. In 2015 I hope to go to New Orleans or Boston. I am working on my credit with help from Creditboards.com so I can get an Amex card with those great rewards.

Great to be here!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Virgin Australia
Hi from Australia

Hi everyone,

I found this website after researching the much loved "Rimowa" amenity kits
I fly at least twice a year and sadly my FF points havent really added up. I prefer to fly with Virgin Australia and other airlines that are associated with VA.

Not much else really to say except I look forward to reading posts and subject matter.

Stay safe everyone. ^
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:26 am

Hi. Just signed up to FF after a friend recommended my wife and I to BA Amex and BAEC. We have our first BA flights coming up in Feb to Copenhagen, and looking forward to reading posts, getting tips, and hopefully in time share tips of my own. Plus of course racking up those Avios points :-)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:01 pm

I'm a stay-at-home mom and run my husband's contracting business based in Indiana. I've recently been able to start traveling a bit more now that my kids are in school. The last time I was in a plane (20 yrs ago), it was a terrible experience, and I'm just now getting interested in attempting it again.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: UAL, DL, AS
In the late 90's and early 2000's I flew a lot of transatlantic miles. My life changed a bit and I stopped travelling, now I have kids and the American Dream.

As I evaluated my life I realized I don't travel as much as I used to. I stumbled across Flyer Talk and have became focused on the United Million Miler program, since I currently have 178,000 miles already on United Metal.

I have booked a few trips this year and I hope to fly 50K miles this year. My goal is in 10 years to reach Million Miler.

I am based in Seattle.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk, everyone!

For those who've not had a chance to look around much, we recommend starting with our stickied http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...tion-desk.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...faqs-more.html threads to help become more familiar with how FlyerTalk operates and is organized.

Enjoy the site!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Delta Platinum, Emirates Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Hi Everyone!

I have done a fair bit of lurking, but as I am a NYC-based serial traveler (and love points) decided to finally make the leap.

I work in emerging markets growth strategy for a large company, and travel considerably for both work and pleasure - I made it to 27 countries last year (Latin America, Asia, Europe) - ranging from Poland and Hungary, to Nicaragua and Brazil, to Oman and Saudi Arabia.

I fly primarily United (Global Services) out of NYC, and stay in a mix of SPG / Hyatts for work, and boutiques / hostels / bungalows for pleasure.

I am passionate about work / life / travel balance, so if you're interested in this topic please reach out.

Looking forward to joining the discussion!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:39 am

Good Morning or Afternoon, to all who may be reading this thread ! I'm a new member, cigarsam is my moniker. I'm very eager to learn more from this forum, and hopefully share any information that I may lend to the group.

Thank you for having me !!!
#Havemileswilltravel !!!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:53 pm

Hi! I'm getting back into flying more again after a recent job change. I used to travel frequently and absolutely love it. I found this site (again) when I was researching which FFP to accumulate my miles on. I was a UA / *A person previously and may end up going that route again.

Did some quick math yesterday and figure I'm looking at about 150K - 175K miles this year. I'd better get my elite status quickly!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:12 pm

I just joined this forum, not sure why but I'm not a stranger to online forums,I belong to many but this is the first travel forum. I use to travel a lot, but not so much anymore due to a career change almost a decade ago. But to give you an idea, I was Marriott Platinum for 14 straight years, and Hilton Diamond at the same time for some of those years. But what I have learned is that there is more to life than being out on the road. The only road that I try to focus on these days is riding on two wheels, but hopping onto a plane and staying in hotels is inevitable.

My advice to those who belong to Hotel Reward Program, Marriott is the best. They have lifetime achievement levels, so once you hang up your reigns, your elite status will remain until the day you die. And your points never expire. I lost hundreds of thousands of points with Hilton due to inactivity. Just my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.