New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Great resource you have here in this forum although I'm new I'm sure I'm gonna love it. Amazing. Thanks for accepting my application.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:13 am

Hello Mate

Good to see you on board
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:27 pm

I'm a semi-recent lurker (I think the first time I looked at Flyertalk was in April but it's been sporadic since then) that decided to make an account. I've used the Travel Products section to help in my decision making on buying new carry on luggage. Very helpful and I'm happy with my purchase so far! I'm also interested in learning about points/awards/etc for future use. I'll hopefully be starting grad school next August and know I won't be trying to accumulate many points during that time frame, but it never hurts to be prepared when the time comes!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:45 pm

Watched from afar - but now signed and registered!!! Anything I need to know regarding how I access the entire site - thx?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:21 am

Just joined yesterday. Recently retired and keen to travel a lot more now I've the time and money to. Or at least one of those!

I always enjoy the planning part of a trip so I'll be on here a lot.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:50 am

Hearty greetings fellow travellers!This is a phenomenal forum! I joined recently to find out about options for redeeming aeroplan points.A wealth of information here and fun reading!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver. Southwest F-list. IHG Platinum. HH Blue. Hertz 5* TSA Pre-check
Hello all!

Just joined. I've been lurking for a while, finding useful information, but finally figured it was time to join.

I used to fly for lesiure only, but started flying weekly for work, this past June. I'm begining to rack up the miles and points, quicker than I'd like.

Like many I'm sure, I was a long time Continental fan and believe the UA merger has made customer service go to a new low.

I'm very happy this site exists and look forward to all the information I'm yet to discover.

Thanks in advance to all of you, who post your knowledge and make this site work.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, United Mileage Plus
Hi everyone ~

My name is Laura, and I started as a frequent flyer newbie in January 2014 with a copy of "Frequent Flyer Master" and a shiny new Chase Ultimate Rewards card. Goal: round trip SF to Japan, first class.

Looking forward to talking with you.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: United
Newbie. IAH is home

Hi there, just signing up to the forum.
I fly United from IAH.
Currently at 82,000 for the year and hoping to find a cheap way to get the last 18,000 before the year ends!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:13 pm

First Post

Very inexperienced in discussion forums--this post is to see if I can do it.

New to frequent flyering. Looks like I joined this in October, although I've done no lurking until today. Since October, I've qualified for signup bonuses for Chase Sapphire Preferred and Barclaycard Arrivals (still afraid of acronyms).

My intention is to fly both in May and in August -- SEA FRA SEA
Also planning SEA ORD SEA in lat Feb or early March.

Not sure which card to go for next. Interested in getting a business card and/or an AMEX.

I'm confused at this point about being able to transfer miles from one deal to another.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:46 pm

long time lurker and still figuring things out.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:11 pm

new member...just saying hello

Hello, I'm a new member. I'm new to this whole travel hacking thing. My goal is that I want to fly to Bangkok, Thailand one day in the future for really, really cheap.

I don't know where to start. I know that I probably should get a credit card that earns points/miles, but, I don't know which card to get. I don't have a preferred airline company.

CHS is my home airport.

Any assistance, would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:28 am

Newbie, very infrequent flyer looking for some assistance with a BA trip in January.

What's the policy on bumping queries that haven't been answered?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
Hi everyone. Like many, I have been a long time lurker and have found everything here to be super useful. I thought it would finally be time to join to be able to chime in and help others.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Hello All, long time lurker, first time poster.

Earned Hyatt Diamond recently and decided to join here as the info I find has always been most helpful.

Very familiar w/ discussion forums, especially vbulletin.

Cheers to all,
K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.