New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: OneWorld and soon Star Alliance
Hi!! I joined on Nov 28, 14, but this is my first post. I know it's a bit late but I've been busy putting in to practice everything that I've learned from this awesome site.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:54 pm

Hi my name is Melissa and this is my second post!

I started the points collection just last year when I opened up Chase Sapphire Preferred to pay off wedding expenses. I figured why not gain some points in the meantime. After reading the blogs and forums I decided to open AMEX Gold and a Citi Premier card to fund our Honeymoon to Southeast Asia!
Any tips or advice for a points newbie?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt
Hi. I love to travel. I've maintained my flyer status on Alaska, but have never had a points card til now. I hope to learn how to maximize it.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:29 pm

Smile Hello World!

Good morning to you all!

I am an IT, Mathematics and Media high school teacher. Have been reading for a while and am now happy to join the community and converse with such a knowledgeable bunch of folk
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: UAL & AA
Just joined tonight and really excited about all the great information found on this forum. I'm looking forward to learning from all you travel experts! I'm relatively new to the miles and points business but it seems like the opportunities are endless!

Cheers!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sneha311
Hi All,

I am new here as well. Joined yesterday!

Posted a query in Indian Airlines forum yesterday around 8 pm, but hasn't shown up at all. Anyone any idea why?
Welcome aboard! I assume you hit "submit reply". That's strange. Why not post again?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:11 am

Hello, I'm new to this forum
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker and have learnt a lot already from the members. Thanks very much. I'm retired, an enthusiastic leisure traveller and love to save money on my trips !!
Old May 1, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: Brooks Beta Runner
Hello internet.

I love the feeling of walking down a street and seeing buildings that existed before 1906. After lurking for a while I feel like this is a place that will help me do that.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:25 am
Suspended

Hello Everyone! myself vivek and i am here new to this forums. Please help me to find some useful replies and positive behaviour.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:39 am

Hi all, joined the forum in April 2015. I am only a leisure traveller and love reading the tips from the members.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:27 pm

Howdy! Long time lurker, business travel is ramping up and I would like to learn more. I was (and still is!) mainly a pleasure traveler before this year. Thank you all for your great tips and awesome forum!
Old May 25, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to the frequent flyer, miles collecting game. I thought I'd have a go at earning myself a load of Avios and a BAEC 2-4-1 companion voucher to treat my girlfriend and myself to a "beyond our means" flight in first or club world on BA.

3 months in now, I'm a small spend off my 2-4-1 voucher, so I'm holding fire on that card whilst I work on accumulating the remaining avios required to get a flight worth using it on. (It's a shame I didn't start a few months earlier and beat the devaluation which I heard about barely a month after I started this project!)

Hopefully the knowledge on here and Raffles' site - Head For Points - will help ensure I get there quickly and use them effectively.

Wish me luck!!
Old May 25, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Andrewhutch1
Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to the frequent flyer, miles collecting game. I thought I'd have a go at earning myself a load of Avios and a BAEC 2-4-1 companion voucher to treat my girlfriend and myself to a "beyond our means" flight in first or club world on BA.

3 months in now, I'm a small spend off my 2-4-1 voucher, so I'm holding fire on that card whilst I work on accumulating the remaining avios required to get a flight worth using it on. (It's a shame I didn't start a few months earlier and beat the devaluation which I heard about barely a month after I started this project!)

Hopefully the knowledge on here and Raffles' site - Head For Points - will help ensure I get there quickly and use them effectively.

Wish me luck!!
Welcome to FT!

What's you're dream destination?
Old May 27, 2015, 4:59 pm

Hi!

I joined a couple weeks ago but haven't posted a crazy ton yet, so...yeah. Hi!

I'm not a crazy million-mile-frequent-flier sorta guy, I'm mostly a leisure traveller! Awesome reading the tips here and having some nice conversation in these threads!

I'm in Calgary YYC, and mostly fly Air Canada and Westjet, though I also fly Air Transat sometimes and mostly United when going to the USA.

So...hi!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.