Nov 11, 13, 12:45 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Alaska Mileage Plan, Virgin America FlyerTalk Evangelist
Join Date: Mar 2004
Programs: AS MVP (ex-75K), AA GLD, UA (ex-1K), AGR (ex-S+), HZ PC, Nat'l Exec, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
START HERE: How to Use the Information Desk
Welcome to FlyerTalk's Information Desk! This is a flame-free forum
- New-Member Guidance — questions about how FlyerTalk works and where to post your questions, tips for getting started on award programs, lists of how-to resources
|Before You Post
Please go to the Where to find information about...
wiki for guidance.
For example, do not post in the Info Desk about...
One Specific Airline or Program
Those are off-topic posts, so they will be closed or moved.
Please help us to better help you by posting in the appropriate place!
We also have a number of other threads to help you find the info you need...
- General Guidance — visit the Resources Thread for tips on where to post, how to use the site, and other helpful pointers to get you started.
- Program Advice — if you're new to frequent flyer programs, or thinking about making a change, please post in the Which Frequent Flyer Program thread
- Flame-Free Threads — check the list of helpful No-Question-Is-Too-Stupid Threads that exist across the various forums
- Searching the Site — visit Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread for tips on getting the most from the search function
- Sticky Threads — threads stuck to the first page of a forum contain important information about using the forum, frequently asked questions, etc. Please review them before posting!
- Wikiposts — many threads have Wikiposts with a topic summary, thread rules, etc. Please read them before posting in those threads.
A few forums are especially helpful to new members. If your question involves…
Still not sure where to go? Post a brief description of your situation here in the Info Desk forum, and ask your fellow FlyerTalkers for direction. NOTE: Your post will get more and better feedback if you make the title as informative as possible!
Not ready to post questions yet? You can still introduce yourself… the New Member Roll Call
thread is a great place to make your first post!
Thanks for stopping by!
Your Information Desk Moderation Team
Last edited by beckoa; Nov 9, 15 at 12:32 pm