COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No fuss in DEL. The Delhi govt had set up a checkpoint just as you deplaned that checked if you had a vaccination certificate. If you did you got a stamp on your BP and you were free to enter the country as if nothing happened. The pcr test people were twiddling thumbs. Just before immigration the people who used to check the air suvidha forms instead looked at their phones and waved you thru. 😅
This is good news!
LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
No fuss in DEL. The Delhi govt had set up a checkpoint just as you deplaned that checked if you had a vaccination certificate. If you did you got a stamp on your BP and you were free to enter the country as if nothing happened. The pcr test people were twiddling thumbs. Just before immigration the people who used to check the air suvidha forms instead looked at their phones and waved you thru. 😅
Fantastic news. I'm set to arrive in DEL in a week.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:20 pm

I would be arriving BOM on Nov 28 and planning to do PCR test on Nov 23 ( departure is Nov 26). I am fully vaccinated including the 3rd Pfizer booster...are you guys saying if you are fully vaccinated, the PCR test results are not checked?
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:25 pm

sorry..whats BP?
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I would be arriving BOM on Nov 28 and planning to do PCR test on Nov 23 ( departure is Nov 26). I am fully vaccinated including the 3rd Pfizer booster...are you guys saying if you are fully vaccinated, the PCR test results are not checked?
You have to upload them - I'm sure the airline/s will not let you fly without it!

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
sorry..whats BP?
BP = Boarding Pass.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The airline will do the dirty work for the government. So no you still need the PCR test else you will not board. And the swab needs to be taken <72h before you board.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:25 am

Does anyone here know if the testing requirements for domestic travel (to travel to different states) apply the same for foreigners and Indian nationals? I'm going to Hyderabad, but wanted to go visit some friends in Kolkata. Are international visitors treated like Indian nationals on domestic flights? Indigo seems to suggest that as long as you are fully vaccinated, an RT-PCR test is not required (for Telangana to West Bengal travel). I have a US CDC certificate and an EU Digital Certificate for my proof of vaccination.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Same treatment for all.
Boston Elite and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Same treatment for all.
My apologies for being so dumb.
Will babus accept EU DCC cert. issued in Germany for EU citizens/OCI Card holder flying domestic in India?

Last edited by LH757; Nov 16, 2021 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:31 pm

Yes they do
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:39 am

How do they check the vaccination certificate? Is it just a physical check or do they run the details through a mobile app and/or computer system?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: TK *G, FB Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamon
Are there any experiences from BLR?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:22 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
I am getting some conflicting information. I would very much appreciate if anyone can provide definitive (at least for now)requirements for entering India.

We are traveling DCA-YYZ-DEL on AC and DEL-HYD on a separate ticket on UK.

I am fully vaccinated. Is RT-PCR test -72 hours, ArriveCAN, Air Suvidha, Arogyasetu app good enough?

Is there an additional RT-PCR test on arrival in Delhi?

Thanks.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by washingtonian_2017; Nov 24, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:58 pm

Yes, no problem. No further test on arrival if you are vaccinated. Carry a physical proof of vaccination to show, it helps significantly in the melee that ensues upon deplaning.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:05 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Yes, no problem. No further test on arrival if you are vaccinated. Carry a physical proof of vaccination to show, it helps significantly in the melee that ensues upon deplaning.

Thanks oliver2002.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.