Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help. Stuck in India. Need to get back to US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help. Stuck in India. Need to get back to US

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
More options to UK from Sept.. SG to start LHR flights:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/77344803.cms
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/indi...france-2276117

Rules relaxed for some OCI. Not sure if this is the right thread. If not please move.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:40 am

BA to start flights to India from August 17th: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...n?p_faqid=8339

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/77417158.cms
Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/indi...france-2276117

Rules relaxed for some OCI. Not sure if this is the right thread. If not please move.
This is an improvement for OCI's. Hopeful that many regular commercial flights will start very soon.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by galaticos
more flights under the so called 'air bubble'....i still don't see regular scheduled flights starting for the next few months....
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...sengers/633937

SG has completed their first long haul. I wonder how the experience must have been!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 9:08 am

I now see LH flights to BLR as well increased quite a bit as well.. hopefully it carries into September.. then will change return on UA from DEL to BLR via FRA .. no DEL transit!!

https://www.lufthansa.com/in/en/flight-information
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by galaticos
I now see LH flights to BLR as well increased quite a bit as well.. hopefully it carries into September.. then will change return on UA from DEL to BLR via FRA .. no DEL transit!!

https://www.lufthansa.com/in/en/flight-information
flights frequency is increasing, which is definitely a good sign....

i'm just hoping trump removes his stupid ban on transiting via the schengen area....
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm just hoping trump removes his stupid ban on transiting via the schengen area....
That's not going to happen until EU lifts their US ban. And given what's going on in the US it's unlikely the EU will relax those restrictions on anything other than political pressure in the near future.

Also as a general rule for now (if not always for all travel) one should avoid transits without hugely compelling reasons. There was someone on FT who wanted to go from BKK to DXB on Indigo via south India recently. A crazy thing to try a few weeks ago. This issue then becomes important only for people who need to transact business in EU and then go to US. They're screwed.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Aug 14, 2020 at 2:34 am
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
flights frequency is increasing, which is definitely a good sign....

Atleast for return from US - direct to BLR/HYD becomes an option removing transit in DEL/BOM
Old Aug 14, 2020, 7:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The relaxations don't help if I'm going to CCU... the WB Govt is not allowing any flights from BOM/DEL!
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
That's not going to happen until EU lifts their US ban. And given what's going on in the US it's unlikely the EU will relax those restrictions on anything other than political pressure in the near future.
not necessarily....trump has eased some restrictions & has started allowing some on particular types of visas to enter from the schengen area....he needs the economy to be revived before the election & opening usa for europeans will help in that aspect....he would hate to do it since the schengen states may not reciprocate but he may not have a choice in another months time as the election grows near....

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Also as a general rule for now (if not always for all travel) one should avoid transits without hugely compelling reasons. There was someone on FT who wanted to go from BKK to DXB on Indigo via south India recently. A crazy thing to try a few weeks ago. This issue then becomes important only for people who need to transact business in EU and then go to US. They're screwed.
my tickets are already booked & i would much rather stop over in europe on my way to usa & finish of whatever work i have there as compared to making another trip....
Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The relaxations don't help if I'm going to CCU... the WB Govt is not allowing any flights from BOM/DEL!
I'm waiting for CCU flights to open from international destinations before I go to India. But everyone I know who has been going to CCU has been landing in DEL and then flying onto HYD and then CCU, with a short transit. Braver than I am...
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Originally Posted by Shounak
I'm waiting for CCU flights to open from international destinations before I go to India. But everyone I know who has been going to CCU has been landing in DEL and then flying onto HYD and then CCU, with a short transit. Braver than I am...

There has been a lot of public pressure.... so this will probably be lifted on 31st Aug.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Shounak
Yes, my plan B is to fly to BLR from FRA and then to CCU. But a lot can / will happen till October

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.