Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help. Stuck in India. Need to get back to US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help. Stuck in India. Need to get back to US

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

I'm not sure if this is going to be a regular route for SG. They might keep it to do UK or US runs. Probably UK because they can't do US runs with just 1 plane.
UK/Europe only .. they cant do US on an A330
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by galaticos
cancelled all AI
How has your refund process gone? Did you buy direct from AI?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
UK/Europe only .. they cant do US on an A330
Depending on the variant... yes they can. However, I only mentioned (speculated) US because SG has recently secured rights to fly to the US.

Now with SG struggling financially... I can’t imagine them leasing too many widebodies to fly to multiple countries across the globe at this time. It would be kind of crazy.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:14 am

Depending on the variant... yes they can. However, I only mentioned (speculated) US because SG has recently secured rights to fly to the US.

Now with SG struggling financially... I can’t imagine them leasing too many widebodies to fly to multiple countries across the globe at this time. It would be kind of crazy.
They havent yet gotten US side approval to be scheduled carrier.. Not sure which A330 can do DEL-NYC (shortest possible India US route i think) with full load of pax and cargo...
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:14 am

How has your refund process gone? Did you buy direct from AI?
Done through TA.. they are handling
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:16 am

Just FYI - UA India August schedule and who can travel.

Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:31 pm

Confirmed.

High risk pax with visitor visa are allowed to enter USA with no questions asked (even from India where actual cases are much higher than even USA).
A cousin's neighbour's in-laws (wow , i got it right) travelled last week. Showed symptoms even on pickup at airport. Tested at local CVS very next day.
Results came back 3 days later. Both positive.

Guess if you pass temperature check, no other screening done?
Wonder how many other people they infected during this selfish endeavor

It is not just Trump, USA as a whole seems to have lost common sense when it comes to tackling this virus..
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you are normally resident in the US you are allowed in. Touristic (B1) is not allowed in, and frankly shouldn't be. Both India and the US are currently in severe pandemic conditions.
"Tourist(B1) is not allowed" - Not True. Allowed and Absolutely no quarantine enforced if coming directly from India. (Phreedom Country)
"Frankly, shouldnt be" - cudn't agree more but this is USA. We work hard to be number 1 in everything. "We are winning" (sad)
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Father in-law of a friend just did AMD-AI-DEL-UA-EWR-UA-SFO-SLC and no one asked him about quarantine on arrival. He just self quarantined in a spare bedroom for a few days, then got a test and since then moves about freely. No one gave a rodents behind.
Yes. Plenty of data points along that line.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:13 pm

They havent yet gotten US side approval to be scheduled carrier.. Not sure which A330 can do DEL-NYC (shortest possible India US route i think) with full load of pax and cargo...
DEL-SEA is shorter than DEL-ORD or DEL-JFK or DEL-EWR or even DEL-BOS.
But all over 7000
Old Aug 2, 2020, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by desi
DEL-SEA is shorter than DEL-ORD or DEL-JFK or DEL-EWR or even DEL-BOS.
But all over 7000
All variants of the A330 except for the A333 can easily do DEL/BOM - NYC/IAD. Even the A333 might be able to do it on a restricted loadout. AI was flying a 787 DEL-IAD just before COVID! The 787 had a MTOW range of maybe 50nm more than the distance stated by gcmap. I would assume it was restricted loadout but still did the run every day. The A332 & A338 has a +1000nm range. So it’s all very doable. Does it make good business sense to do it? I don’t know the answer to that.

And no SG wouldn’t, couldn’t and shouldn’t do a DEL-SEA run. That’s a recipe for disaster.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As someone mentioned before, the DOT would have to approve the wetlease first anyway. Wow from Iceland used to fly DEL-KEF-US with A330s, so if (and thats a BIG IF) SG ever got permission from the DOT, they could do a India-US flight with a tech stop in between. HiFly also has other aircaft that they could provide SG with better range.

Again, all this is only feasible because of the VBM fares, which are far higher than normal. The moment the 'normal' competition resumes, such nonsensical stuff will abruptly end.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:15 am

I think the SG discussion got a little side tracked. For a million reasons I don't think that SG would actually fly the A330 to the US. The plane is just capable of flying there...

They're probably going to use it for EU/UK runs.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I think the SG discussion got a little side tracked. For a million reasons I don't think that SG would actually fly the A330 to the US. The plane is just capable of flying there...

They're probably going to use it for EU/UK runs.
So it's confirmed that SpiceJet is indeed doing this??
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
So it's confirmed that SpiceJet is indeed doing this??
It is confirmed that they've leased/rented/stolen a plane from Hifly to do one charter run from AMS to DEL. The rest is all pure speculation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.