Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help. Stuck in India. Need to get back to US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help. Stuck in India. Need to get back to US

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Return Journey - transit update - ORD-FRA-BLR: check-in at ORD smooth.. no one asked for copy of air suvidha registration, no ask of RTPCR test (I had one done).. transit in FRA - arrive Z gates and BLR flight from Z gates.. lounge here closed.. only open lounge - B gates .. need to do security again to go there and another security to come back - decided not worth it.. next update from BLR

ORD - FRA on LH - flight was 20% full only.. less in J (counted 5 in lower deck)
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by galaticos
Return Journey - transit update - ORD-FRA-BLR: check-in at ORD smooth.. no one asked for copy of air suvidha registration, no ask of RTPCR test (I had one done).. transit in FRA - arrive Z gates and BLR flight from Z gates.. lounge here closed.. only open lounge - B gates .. need to do security again to go there and another security to come back - decided not worth it.. next update from BLR

ORD - FRA on LH - flight was 20% full only.. less in J (counted 5 in lower deck)
thanks for the update....i will be flying jfk-cdg-del on my way back so its useful to have an update on transiting through the schengen area....
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:12 pm

Final Journey Update - BLR Arrival..

In flight - Self declaration forms are handed out in duplicate if its not filled already on AirSuvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in). If you have filled it out - please carry atleast 2 printed copies. Physical copies are required.. knowing Govt - I had carried it.
Upon Landing
- First step - temperature check - temp is noted on the printed / filled self declaration.
- Second step - Oxymeter reading - again, its noted on the printed / filled self declaration.
- Third step - checking the self declaration. if you have RT-PCR negative test - present it here - determines quarantine. Since I had one, no quarantine required. Boarding pass is stamped accordingly. Ensure BP for arrival into your city is presented.. not any connecting flights (before or after)
- Next - immigration, baggage claim as per standard process
- Last step - Post customs - another desk to note down your address and contact information details. Have to show the stamped boarding pass (from step 3) here to show no stamp of quarantine.

FRA-BLR was light in J again - 10 pax.. Y was 50% full. I was first one out the door so whole thing for me including luggage etc took 40 mins. Waiting for luggage was 25 mins out of that - so seamless I would say..

All in all - if you follow the rules - process is very straight forward!!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
glad you made it back safe & sound....very useful information since i will be transiting through cdg in 3 weeks time on my way back home....
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Saw this on twitter today:

Who cleared this nonsense for publication? Can they read?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Never mind, the agency cannot write copy in English :

Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:38 am

Facepalm moment!
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
It is confirmed that they've leased/rented/stolen a plane from Hifly to do one charter run from AMS to DEL. The rest is all pure speculation.
It seems SG/HiFly operated 16 flights with 5109 pax, ie about 319 pax per flight. Not bad for a Hifly A339 which has 370 capacity.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78699916.cms
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Is one allowed to fly AF between US and India? I see some great fares and now a flight into MAA (starting end of October)

When I look at the AF website, I see only EU/EEA residents and passport holders are allowed to fly. Plus the need to register with some consulate...

AIR FRANCE SCOPE & PROCESS

FLIGHTS EX INDIA:

Flights are in strict compliance with the EXIT and ENTRY regulations applicable at origin and destination as defined by the competent authorities.
As regulations change frequently, passengers are personally responsible to reconfirm the eligibility of their travel based on their documentation and ENTRY requirements at destination before purchasing tickets.

ELIGIBILITY SCOPE:
  1. All EU and EEA Nationals & Residents.
  2. Indian nationals holding either a valid French visa or valid Schengen visa and destined for Schengen / EU zone only.
  3. Third country foreign nationals and/or spouse of such persons who have a Permanent Residency (PR), can travel accompanied or otherwise returning to their home country.*
  4. Seamen of foreign nationalities.
  5. Indian seamen subject to clearance from Ministry of Shipping.
  6. Passengers travelling with Student Visas issued for study purpose and ONLY for final destination in Schengen / EU zone.

NOT INCLUDED IN THE CURRENT SCOPE:

PR holders for all third countries (including US Green Cards and PR for Canada) with no immediate family connection as specified above*

PLEASE NOTE :
  1. Passengers are required to report at the airport, at least 4 hours prior departure
  2. Passengers arriving from India to destination France are required to undergo a biological examination of virological screening <72 hours before the flight which does not conclude to a COVID-19 contamination.In the absence of test report, passengers will be required to conduct this test upon arrival.
    THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PAX IN TRANSIT VIA PARIS - CDG.

FLIGHTS TO INDIA:

Flight operations are strictly in accordance to the commercial parameters and SOPs issued by the competent authorities in India.
  1. Indian nationals from any country in the Schengen/EU zone.
  2. OCI cardholders (Overseas Citizenship of India) with passports issued by any country in the Schengen Zone/ EU who are eligible to enter India as per MHA guidelines dated 30 June 2020.**
  3. Foreign nationals including diplomats holding valid visa issued by the Indian mission in any category covered under Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines dated 30 June 2020.
● OCI card holders of countries outside Schengen/EU must have valid visa for arrival to India**
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Is one allowed to fly AF between US and India? I see some great fares and now a flight into MAA (starting end of October)
not at the moment....the indian government has issued a warning to af to stop flying passenger to & from usa....they claim that the bubble is only for flights to & from paris or the schengen area....

i flew jfk-cdg-del a little over 3 weeks ago, which is around the time the warning took pace....hopefully they will resolve this soon....
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
not at the moment....the indian government has issued a warning to af to stop flying passenger to & from usa....they claim that the bubble is only for flights to & from paris or the schengen area....

i flew jfk-cdg-del a little over 3 weeks ago, which is around the time the warning took pace....hopefully they will resolve this soon....
wasn’t the issue more about carrying pax out of india and onward connecting them??
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wasn’t the issue more about carrying pax out of india and onward connecting them??
yup....the stance of the indian government is that the bubble agreement didn't include sixth freedom rights....
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
It’s really for both ways... however Indian Govt. will have a harder time publicly showing that they are in some way refusing Indians coming into the country. Targeting outbounds is easier
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems SG/HiFly operated 16 flights with 5109 pax, ie about 319 pax per flight. Not bad for a Hifly A339 which has 370 capacity.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78699916.cms
That’s good but they should have tried to establish a proper route - maybe DEL-YYZ or something like that instead of flying all over the place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.