Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Amazon Pay is nice coz you can use it as wallet for lot of online payments like swiggy, bescom, netmeds etc

I haven't paid AF either, but my point was that with a big change in AF structure (for lot of people), I thought they will increase benefits (or add more 10x partners)
Old May 1, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Amazon Pay is nice coz you can use it as wallet for lot of online payments like swiggy, bescom, netmeds etc
That’s true. I never bothered with it because I hit the 15k points limit every month fairly easily. But these last couple of months... spending to get 10x has been much much more difficult. So the extra 1.6k points from Amazon Pay does help.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 3, 2020 at 6:42 am
Old May 3, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
That’s true. I never bothered with it because I hit the 15k limit every month fairly easily. But these last couple of months... spending to get 10x has been much much more difficult. So the extra 5k from Amazon Pay does help.
Aren't the Amazon Pay vouchers capped to 5k purchase value that would give 1650 reward points?
Old May 3, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Aren't the Amazon Pay vouchers capped to 5k purchase value that would give 1650 reward points?
Ah I see what I did there... used different units in the same sentence... should be 15k points and INR 5k.... corrected the post.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 5, 2020 at 5:59 am
Old May 5, 2020, 4:22 am

What happens when you buy Amazon gift cards via Smartbuy - clicking through to Amazon and buying there, not via the "Instant Vouchers" link on the Smartbuy navigation? I assume they have some checks in place to stop people earning points doing that?
Old May 5, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
What happens when you buy Amazon gift cards via Smartbuy - clicking through to Amazon and buying there, not via the "Instant Vouchers" link on the Smartbuy navigation? I assume they have some checks in place to stop people earning points doing that?
Purchase of any gift card from Amazon, Flipkart etc. doesn't qualify for 10x rewards. That was part of the T&C right from the start.

It's not the the act of buying Amazon gift cards that gets you the 10x. It's the act of buying Amazon (and other) gift cards through Gyftr (Instant Vouchers) that gets you 10x.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 5, 2020 at 6:25 am
Old May 7, 2020, 12:22 am

It's not the the act of buying Amazon gift cards that gets you the 10x. It's the act of buying Amazon (and other) gift cards through Gyftr (Instant Vouchers) that gets you 10x.
Okay, get that. What I was interested in was figuring out how HDFC differentiates between a purchase on Amazon (after you have landed there via Smartbuy) of any item that is not an Amazon gift card, and the purchase of an Amazon gift card. Think it all shows up in the statement as the same thing? I suppose Amazon passes on the information to Smartbuy on the back end and they mark such transactions as ineligible for the Smartbuy 10x.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Okay, get that. What I was interested in was figuring out how HDFC differentiates between a purchase on Amazon (after you have landed there via Smartbuy) of any item that is not an Amazon gift card, and the purchase of an Amazon gift card. Think it all shows up in the statement as the same thing? I suppose Amazon passes on the information to Smartbuy on the back end and they mark such transactions as ineligible for the Smartbuy 10x.
Yes Amazon passes on detailed information to HDFC about purchases made. So things that are excluded like gift cards, flight tickets, gold purchases etc. are filtered out and you get the points on the balance things.

The 9x isn't pulled out of monthly statements. Typically you'll see your Amazon & Flipkart 9x points post on the 4th of every month. So perhaps Amazon & Flipkart submit this data to HDFC on the 1st of every month.
L_D_M likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:33 am

Separately - Has anyone got last month’s monthly benefits yet? HDFC sent me a mail saying that they will send it once the situation improves (whatever that means). Some of my other TataCliq vouchers are already expiring and I’ve already said farewell to my last BMS voucher... so being able to get some some extra vouchers quickly would help me make some larger purchases on TataCliq.
To answer my own question... I got the benefits yesterday. The partners haven't changed... I wasn't really expecting them to.

Has anyone claimed the benefits so far? Have they extended the validity of Ola & BMS vouchers? Otherwise it's bound to get wasted this month as well.
Old May 11, 2020, 6:15 am

Has anyone made a NPS payment with their DCB card? Does it earn points?

If not, any idea if Citi Prestige does? I did look at the excluded categories from citi based on merchant codes but the merchant categories are convoluted enough for me.

Thanks in Advance
Old May 11, 2020, 6:58 am

Does NPS support card payments - I saw Bill Desk offers the option but NPS's T&Cs specifically state debit cards & UPI only. It would be very weird for them to allow you to do NPS, PPF and any other saving scheme without a savings withdrawal.

Anyways... Citi will not give you points for sure. Does DCB have any categories for not earning points? DCB should give you 3.3% (I assume).
Old May 11, 2020, 7:21 am

Does NPS support card payments - I saw Bill Desk offers the option but NPS's T&Cs specifically state debit cards & UPI only. It would be very weird for them to allow you to do NPS, PPF and any other saving scheme without a savings withdrawal.

Anyways... Citi will not give you points for sure. Does DCB have any categories for not earning points? DCB should give you 3.3% (I assume).
Thanks

​​​​​NPS does support credit cards, there is a ~1% surcharge though. I paid using DCB just now, It charged me a fee of 589 for 50k transaction, hopefully I get 3.3% (~1650 points).

Last edited by vishalgupta22; May 11, 2020 at 7:32 am
Old May 11, 2020, 9:55 am

Yes, HDFC provides points on NPS payment. I have checked on both DCB and Infinia. (Last checked on 3rd April).
There are ~1% transaction charges on CC payment but we do get 3.3% from HDFC. Hence, savings of 2.3%.
I pays though Billdesk payment gateway every time. I have heard SBI payment gateway doesn't accept Diners cards.

Best way to check is by paying small amount by HDFC card in the multiple of 150 and after few days paying the rest amount. I follow this every time since I fear HDFC may stop providing points on NPS anytime.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by gtag
Yes, HDFC provides points on NPS payment. I have checked on both DCB and Infinia. (Last checked on 3rd April).
There are ~1% transaction charges on CC payment but we do get 3.3% from HDFC. Hence, savings of 2.3%.
I pays though Billdesk payment gateway every time. I have heard SBI payment gateway doesn't accept Diners cards.

Best way to check is by paying small amount by HDFC card in the multiple of 150 and after few days paying the rest amount. I follow this every time since I fear HDFC may stop providing points on NPS anytime.
Thanks

Good idea. I already paid this time, but going forward, I will follow this strategy.
Old May 17, 2020, 5:57 am

Does payments through Amazon Pay get you 10x? For instance if I paid my insurance or utilities through Pay using my DCB would I get 33%?

Also the same question for using Prestige - since Citi doesn't give points for utilities or insurance would paying through Amazon Pay or Payzapp get me the points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.