Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:10 pm

Yeah, though this does not seem to happen consistently. I don't know whether that means I'm losing out on points on some transactions.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:35 am

I have spent over 8L in the previous card year but net-baking shows upgrade with 10K option so didn't go through with it. Called HDFC RM and he informed me that a general compliant is already lodged and their back-end team is working to resolve the issue and I should see an upgrade option in a week or so.

However, he also suggested me not to upgrade (even if i see a free upgrade option in net-banking) as all the membership benefits offered on the new card are also being offered to existing card holders and I will receive an email on membership benefits after a month. So it means the present card holders will enjoy all membership benefits offered in the new card but with the same fees as on existing card (5K in my case).

Can someone else in the forum confirm this information. Really do not see the point in upgrading if this indeed is true.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ajj1983
I have spent over 8L in the previous card year but net-baking shows upgrade with 10K option so didn't go through with it. Called HDFC RM and he informed me that a general compliant is already lodged and their back-end team is working to resolve the issue and I should see an upgrade option in a week or so.

However, he also suggested me not to upgrade (even if i see a free upgrade option in net-banking) as all the membership benefits offered on the new card are also being offered to existing card holders and I will receive an email on membership benefits after a month. So it means the present card holders will enjoy all membership benefits offered in the new card but with the same fees as on existing card (5K in my case).

Can someone else in the forum confirm this information. Really do not see the point in upgrading if this indeed is true.
You get your annual fee waiver if you spend 5L in the year and you get the membership gifts if you spend 8L in the year. So I'm not sure why you're talking annual fees... 5 or 10k.... you'll get all the good stuff and none of the fees. And yes of course the existing card holders will get the same benefits - that's where the 8L spending clause etc. comes in. They did get plenty of backlash when they did this (Club Marriott) for only new Infinia/Regalia customers.

So if your RM is advising you... wait for HDFC to sort it out... their IT is always in a complete mess.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:55 am

Thanks for clarification
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:43 am

Has anyone received an email from HDFC about the current targeted 5x offer on spends on healthcare, education and... one other category I don't remember? I have not once received an email from HDFC about being eligible for any offers in the two and a half years I've had the Diners. I checked with customer service and they said my email was registered for alerts, but that doesn't change the fact that I've never received one.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I have received it.... 5x for insurance, healthcare & education.... I think it was a smack in the face to Citi Prestige!

I didn’t know it was a targeted offer though... I thought it was for everyone.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:45 pm

Yes, targeted. And for once, they've made that explicitly clear in the T&C's - https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/14173 :

Offer valid only for select set of customers who have got SMS or email from HDFC Bank with regards to Get upto 20000 Rewards points communication in form of an SMS or Email.

Only select customers receiving the offer are eligible for getting these additional Rewards points on transacting in the categories Education, Healthcare, Automobile and HDFC Bank Forex Cards sourced only through HDFC Bank branches through the Smart Hub Channel.

This Offer is made available to the Customer/s selected at the discretion of HDFC Bank.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:01 am

Even i have never received this so called targeted communications. Not sure if this is deliberate or we are missing the action due to some technical issue
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Just got this in the mail.. 66k points on the 2L booking amount for a BMW - https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/14250
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Just got this in the mail.. 66k points on the 2L booking amount for a BMW - https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/14250
I did too. I'm sure this one wasn't a targeted campaign... especially since I can't book my 7 series through this!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
I have been using a Jet HDFC Diners card and plan to upgrade it to Infinia.

Is it easy to redeem the points for Airline tickets? How is the cancellation of tickets treated...do we get a refund?

Also is it possible to use the points on any thing else than flight tickets at a 1:1 ratio?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by sweets61250
I have been using a Jet HDFC Diners card and plan to upgrade it to Infinia.

Is it easy to redeem the points for Airline tickets? How is the cancellation of tickets treated...do we get a refund?

Also is it possible to use the points on any thing else than flight tickets at a 1:1 ratio?
You can redeem the points directly by converting it to cash at 1:1 which you can use all the time for hotels, flights etc. or 1:1 to airlines miles which is more difficult to do but can give better returns. Yes you will get refunds depending on the type of ticket you’ve purchased.

You can use the points in a variety of ways... airlines miles generally gives the best returns. You can check out the Infinia website for all the millions of things you can purchase with points.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You can redeem the points directly by converting it to cash at 1:1 which you can use all the time for hotels, flights etc. or 1:1 to airlines miles which is more difficult to do but can give better returns. Yes you will get refunds depending on the type of ticket you’ve purchased.

You can use the points in a variety of ways... airlines miles generally gives the best returns. You can check out the Infinia website for all the millions of things you can purchase with points.
For hotel bookings through the smartbuy site or by calling their concierge which use Cleartrip as their provider, I have noticed a few issues only when trying to get 10x points or redeeming points:
1) many worldwide hotels are not available to Cleartrip. Like they have NO hotels in Seminyak, Bali.
2) many types of rates available on Cleartrip are not available to Smartbuy and cant be booked. This leaves most hotel rates available as non refundable.

Earlier, before the change to smartbuy website, HDFC used to have a few other hotel providers as well and could book good rates and almost all worldwide hotels were covered.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:35 am

Yes.... I think they had Yatra as well for hotels and a third OTA for airlines. Lets hope they bring Yatra back for hotels.

But as far as OP goes... how they'll be able to realize value from Infinia heavily depends on their spending & redemption goals and is almost impossible to advise on really.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 19, 2020 at 12:51 am
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:28 am

HDFC hounding me to claim my exclusive milestone benefits

I’ve already claimed 2 out of the 3 milestone benefits for this month.

But I’m getting 4-5 emails + 4-5 SMSs from them every day to go and claim the last one.

Obviously I can’t do that... but the SMSs & emails everyday have become incredibly irritating.

Is everybody else being harassed like this?

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 31, 2020 at 12:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.