FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1731829-hdfc-diners-club-credit-card-ex-jet-airways-cobrand.html)

nihit157 Dec 15, 2015 5:58 am

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

So I have a family US trip coming up in May 16 and I am thinking to get DIners Club CC.
Salient Features :
30,000 Bonus miles & 15 Tier points
24jp/150 on Jetairways.com
8 jp/150 on other spends
1 Tier point for every Rs.1.5L spent.

Among other perks it has Unlimited Lounge Access and other usual Jet perks which are not that imp.

I will basically get 70k miles(including 30k bonus) + 16 Tier points after booking US tickets.
I see this as pretty good option among all .

Is there any downside to it...apart from 10k fees and low acceptability of Diners.

Please let me know.

Keyser Dec 31, 2015 3:03 am

do you hold any other jp credit card????

nihit157 Jan 1, 2016 10:45 pm

no.. none as of now... also der is an issue post AMS flight anouncement ... the A380 combo is no more avlbl on jet site bcz of "lack of space on web page"...

so maybe I will miss on some of those miles... lets see...

bluecrabs Jan 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Does anyone else hold this card.
I just completed 2 billing cycles and here are my experiences so far.

The Good:
a) 15000 first swipe bonus miles + the bonus tier points got credited to the jet account with a few days of the 1st swipe.
b) Completed the 1.5L threshold and received the 15K bonus miles without waiting for the 90day period or the next billing cycle to complete.

The Bad:
a) Never received the Complimentary Base fare waived ticket & Discount voucher till date. Reached out to cx via email, they replied back saying the benefit request is under process and I will receive them shortly

b) Upon checking the statement, all the jetairways transactions don't show the accelerated rate of JPmiles (24/150). the miles are calculated in the 8/150 ratio. contacting the CX right now..

Any one else face these issues?

vishalgupta22 Jan 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by nihit157 (Post 25948042)
no.. none as of now... also der is an issue post AMS flight anouncement ... the A380 combo is no more avlbl on jet site bcz of "lack of space on web page"...

so maybe I will miss on some of those miles... lets see...

If you have the option of booking tickets with a OTA like cleartrip, you may also consider HDFC Diners Club Black.

50 Diners club RP per 150 on cleartrip, snapdeal, flipkart & Reliance Digital seem very valuable especially if you have a big trip like this coming up.

Also RPs are transferable to many more airlines including AA at 1:1 (for black card)

Please remember that lounge benefit is only for 1 person (not the family).

nihit157 Jan 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Can you send me the link about this offer '50RP per 150 spends'....

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 26046966)
If you have the option of booking tickets with a OTA like cleartrip, you may also consider HDFC Diners Club Black.

50 Diners club RP per 150 on cleartrip, snapdeal, flipkart & Reliance Digital seem very valuable especially if you have a big trip like this coming up.

Also RPs are transferable to many more airlines including AA at 1:1 (for black card)

deovrat Jan 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by nihit157 (Post 26108131)
Can you send me the link about this offer '50RP per 150 spends'....

Here's the 10x rewards offer.

L_D_M Feb 4, 2016 8:29 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 26021523)
Does anyone else hold this card.

a) Never received the Complimentary Base fare waived ticket & Discount voucher till date. Reached out to cx via email, they replied back saying the benefit request is under process and I will receive them shortly

b) Upon checking the statement, all the jetairways transactions don't show the accelerated rate of JPmiles (24/150). the miles are calculated in the 8/150 ratio. contacting the CX right now..

Any one else face these issues?

Ditto here. I've had the card for under a month. While I've got the 15,000 miles for first swipe (and seem to have got the 15 tier points - though there is only an entry for 1 tier point in my JP statement for some reason), I haven't got the base fare waived ticket code. When I asked customer service about it, they said I'll receive it after I pay my first credit card bill. As for the 3x JP miles, they say those will post inside 45 days.

manish83 Feb 4, 2016 11:11 pm

I finally received the base fare waived code after following up with HDFC customer care.

bluecrabs Feb 5, 2016 1:25 am

Originally Posted by manish83 (Post 26136188)
I finally received the base fare waived code after following up with HDFC customer care.

Yes I received the jet codes as well after follow up.
Still waiting for the 3x miles...

L_D_M Feb 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Does anyone have the email address for customer service for this card? Thanks.

bluecrabs Feb 12, 2016 2:01 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M (Post 26171666)
Does anyone have the email address for customer service for this card? Thanks.

[email protected]

L_D_M Feb 13, 2016 4:31 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 26172280)

Oh, right. I've got that one. Service pretty spotty when I write in to this email, so thought there might be a dedicated one for their Diners cards perhaps.

bluecrabs Mar 4, 2016 1:56 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 26136465)
Yes I received the jet codes as well after follow up.
Still waiting for the 3x miles...

After escalating to hdfc grievance and following up several times, I got the missing 3x miles for jet transactions made.
I stopped using the card until they fixed this,
I asked them if they fixed it, they said yes.
I made a transaction on jetairways website yesterday, let me confirm once I receive the 3x miles auto-magically :rolleyes:

nihit157 Mar 9, 2016 9:44 am

You wont believe what happened : I tried to get Diners Club but couldnt get for some bank technical reason and applied for Jet HDFC card . Today I got 2 HDFC World Cards (1 Add on) and one Diners Club Rewardz. So I am gonna avail the 10x offer now ....

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 26046966)