Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Yup.. I just claimed the Tata Cliq/BMS codes and shared them with friends/family.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I’ve already claimed 2 out of the 3 milestone benefits for this month.

But I’m getting 4-5 emails + 4-5 SMSs from them every day to go and claim the last one.

Obviously I can’t do that... but the SMSs & emails everyday have become incredibly irritating.

Is everybody else being harassed like this?
Same here.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:59 am

HDFC Bank has removed Swiggy, BookMyShow and Godrej Nature’s Basket from Diners 10X program from February.

Hope this party continues for a while.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:21 am

I’ve already claimed 2 out of the 3 milestone benefits for this month.

But I’m getting 4-5 emails + 4-5 SMSs from them every day to go and claim the last one.

Obviously I can’t do that... but the SMSs & emails everyday have become incredibly irritating.

Is everybody else being harassed like this?
Yep. In classic HDFC fashion, nowhere in the communication, or on the page where you claimed the two benefits out of three, did it say you were eligible (as a DB holder) to claim two out of three. After about six emails to the concierge people to get to the bottom of it, they finally dug up a T&C pdf that specified the two out of the three bit and sent it to me. Still getting the reminders on text and email that I need to claim my third benefit.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ajj1983
HDFC Bank has removed Swiggy, BookMyShow and Godrej Nature’s Basket from Diners 10X program from February.

Hope this party continues for a while.
Ugh. Two of those three were my most used 10x partners.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yeah this is just awful! And not only is it painful to see my main rewards partners disappear... it's also irritating to see these partners change every month. Why can't they keep hold of their partners for a year at least.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I see now you can do this through Smartbuy Instant Vouchers... Bigbasket, Swiggy etc. It’s much more complicated and less value and far far more painful. But that’s the way to go.

They should look at swapping the limits for Smartbuy & Diners Parnters now. There’s no way to make 25k 10x points on Ola, FirstCry and Zoomcar. Bah!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:13 pm

Has anyone got the new DCB card? What’s the the TAT for getting the annual benefits? It’s been about 2 weeks for me... still haven’t got it. Of course they say I should wait for 30 days... but I don’t understand why it should take that long.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone got the new DCB card? What’s the the TAT for getting the annual benefits? It’s been about 2 weeks for me... still haven’t got it. Of course they say I should wait for 30 days... but I don’t understand why it should take that long.
For me I got the benefits through poahvine about 1 week after the first transaction on the new card.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:33 pm

I see now you can do this through Smartbuy Instant Vouchers... Bigbasket, Swiggy etc. It’s much more complicated and less value and far far more painful. But that’s the way to go.
Don't the spends on vouchers count towards the Smartbuy quota? So basically now you need to split your Rs 45k (or thereabouts) every month among even more partners.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
For me I got the benefits through poahvine about 1 week after the first transaction on the new card.
Thanks.

That's what I heard too... ah well.... guess I have to wait.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:25 pm

Don't the spends on vouchers count towards the Smartbuy quota? So basically now you need to split your Rs 45k (or thereabouts) every month among even more partners.
Yups... which is why I was suggesting (hoping) HDFC swaps the quotas for Smartbuy & Diners Partners... How much crap are you going to buy your kid from FirstCry that you'd hit your ~75k limit every month!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:34 am

Well, at least you have a kid to buy a certain amount of crap for! Some of us don't.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:19 pm

Are DCB Membership Privileges at all useful?

TLDR - I think it's generally crappy and I'd rather have 10k miles instead of this nonsense.

After having used DCB Membership Privileges for a little bit - I'm questioning if there's any real value for in this. I think think it's all smoke and fluff.

Here's the value I can get out of this:
1. Club Marriott - I generally swing between Titanium & Platinum Elite - so the room upgrade vouchers are completely useless. Also if I was eating in a Marriott in India I'd generally do that through a deal. If it was abroad - it would almost always be footed by my company. So zero value for me here.
2. Forbes India - bunch of Forbes magazines in poorly formatted PDF format - very close to zero value
3. Zomato Gold - Zomato tries hard to retain customers - so they give great discounts and vouchers. Maybe .6-1k value.
4. Amazon Prime - Must have in my books - 1k value
5. MMTDB - Available through Prestige and maybe other sources - mostless useless for HDFC customers because you're buying through SmartBuy.
6. TimesPrime - It's a good way to get Swiggy + DineOut GP - 1k for TP membership

So the total value you get out of this is generally less than 3k. While it's fine getting it for free with your 8L spends. But wouldn't you rather get 5-10k of miles instead? Does anyone else see any value in this at all?

Of course I do like the Monthly Bonus though - that's great!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:39 am

TLDR - I think it's generally crappy and I'd rather have 10k miles instead of this nonsense.

After having used DCB Membership Privileges for a little bit - I'm questioning if there's any real value for in this. I think think it's all smoke and fluff.

So the total value you get out of this is generally less than 3k. While it's fine getting it for free with your 8L spends. But wouldn't you rather get 5-10k of miles instead? Does anyone else see any value in this at all?

Of course I do like the Monthly Bonus though - that's great!
Agree. Of that list, I would only pay for Amazon Prime and Swiggy Super. Hardly any restaurant worth going to is on Zomato Gold any longer. I don't think I'll be renewing my membership there.

What's the monthly bonus? The vouchers from Bookmyshow, Tata Cliq etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.