Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
the yq still seems quite high....
The YQ for a saver flight is actually going to be 30k. I just checked DEL-CDG rates.

So 60k miles + 30k INR - for J return to western EU. You won’t get a better deal than that.

Compare that to the absurdly ridiculous 360k miles that AI charges. Or even 110k miles UA charges... TK has a very sweet deal.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Mar 1, 2020 at 2:39 am
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
The YQ for a saver flight is actually going to be 30k. I just checked DEL-CDG rates.

So 60k miles + 30k INR - for J return to western EU. You won’t get a better deal than that.

Compare that to the absurdly ridiculous 360k miles that AI charges. Or even 110k miles UA charges... TK has a very sweet deal.
if the yq is high then i find it better to just buy a revenue ticket & upgrade using miles....i recently bought a del-cdg-del ticket for my wife for travel later this month & it cost me inr 53k + 64k miles to upgrade to business....this way she also earns back some miles for the revenue booking & it helps with her tier status....

if yq on tk is inr 30k then that's acceptable....inr 50k would be a bit on the higher side....
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i recently bought a del-cdg-del ticket for my wife for travel later this month & it cost me inr 53k + 64k miles to upgrade to business...
Who were the ticketing and operating carriers?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Who were the ticketing and operating carriers?
ai....
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:27 am

It's good to see AI becoming competitive here. The last time I checked though I needed to buy a 70 or 80k INR ticket to be able to upgrade with 50-60k miles. Glad they are improving.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's good to see AI becoming competitive here. The last time I checked though I needed to buy a 70 or 80k INR ticket to be able to upgrade with 50-60k miles. Glad they are improving.
i guess it all depends on how low ticket prices are at the time of booking....the cheapest option was an inr 32k ticket & that would have cost me 90k miles to upgrade....
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:18 am

So the Diners party is now officially completely over. And that’s such a shame.

They’ve dropped whatever was left of the 10x partners. So no more Zoom cars for you.

They could have increased the limit for Smartbuy to keep it inline with Infinia. Otherwise there is just zero reasons to stick with DCB.

Time to move over to Infinia I guess. Sigh.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
So the Diners party is now officially completely over. And that’s such a shame.

They’ve dropped whatever was left of the 10x partners. So no more Zoom cars for you.

They could have increased the limit for Smartbuy to keep it inline with Infinia. Otherwise there is just zero reasons to stick with DCB.

Time to move over to Infinia I guess. Sigh.
I hope this is temporary and it's because of Coronavirus
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I hope this is temporary and it's because of Coronavirus
Maybe, but I still have 2 big issues with DCB today:
1. They should have increased the Smartbuy limit back to 25k points if they were even temporarily dropping Partners as a gesture of goodwill and practicality to prevent their customers from moving to Infinia.
2. The partner rewards have become crap. Between Zoom Car and the others... I don’t think I was spending anything there to begin with.

Unless the drastically redesign their Partners program, DCB is pretty much dead for me.

Oh and I was going over my transaction statements... it seems like they charged me the 200 bucks for international benefits... and now they’ve knocked it off their website. That’s just plain bad of them. I wouldn’t have noticed that charge in their for sure had I not had plenty of free time on my hand...
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:56 am

Oh and I was going over my transaction statements... it seems like they charged me the 200 bucks for international benefits... and now they’ve knocked it off their website. That’s just plain bad of them. I wouldn’t have noticed that charge in their for sure had I not had plenty of free time on my hand...
It seems they have charged you for Global Value program which is charged every year.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by gtag
It seems they have charged you for Global Value program which is charged every year.
Yes that’s the one. What I’m saying is that it was bad of them to charge me for something they were going to cancel in one month’s time.

I can’t see this program on the website any longer so I guess it’s canceled. I will have to call them to find out.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 10:36 am

If global value program is active, is it valid for online non INR transactions?

I am yet to receive the Rs 2000 yatra milestone voucher even I have done non INR transactions worth more than 1.5L in Dec. I am curious since those transactions were done at POS and online.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by gtag
If global value program is active, is it valid for online non INR transactions?

I am yet to receive the Rs 2000 yatra milestone voucher even I have done non INR transactions worth more than 1.5L in Dec. I am curious since those transactions were done at POS and online.
It was valid for online initially... I can’t remember if they changed that rule but I don’t think they did. Call support.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 25, 2020 at 5:31 am
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
The partner rewards have become crap. Between Zoom Carr and the others... I don’t think I was spending anything there to begin with.

Unless the drastically redesign their Partners program, DCB is pretty much dead for me
I agree, especially after hiking the AF and removing the points for AF, I was somehow hoping that the 10x program will become better.

The only thing that has become better recently is the ability to buy Amazon Pay vouchers, which are extremely valuable but then that's smartbuy, not DCB

If they don't get any useful partners soon, I may also switch to Infinia.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:48 pm

I can’t complain too much about the AF because I don’t think I’ve ever paid it.... and therefore never got the 5k points so it’s never really mattered too much to me. Of course DCB can argue they’re giving you more than 5k in value in annual benefits nowadays. I’d rather have the miles though.

Amazon Pay benefit is nice... but when you can anyways get much more from Amazon through the inconvenient Smartbuy link... other than saving the money in your Amazon wallet - there is little benefit in that. I would much rather have the 25k 10x.

Separately - Has anyone got last month’s monthly benefits yet? HDFC sent me a mail saying that they will send it once the situation improves (whatever that means). Some of my other TataCliq vouchers are already expiring and I’ve already said farewell to my last BMS voucher... so being able to get some some extra vouchers quickly would help me make some larger purchases on TataCliq.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.