Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by msivam
Received an email from Citibank today - offer of 20% extra Avios (BA executive club) for redeeming premier miles till the 30th of April.

Siva
Avios are worse then Sky Pesos. Nevertheless a bonus is a bonus.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Avios are worse then Sky Pesos. Nevertheless a bonus is a bonus.
actually sky pesos are not so bad anymore....i've been using them quite a bit ever since they made some changes to the program in 2015....
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
actually sky pesos are not so bad anymore....i've been using them quite a bit ever since they made some changes to the program in 2015....
What routes do you find them useful on?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
IMHO sky pesos one of best ways to redeem citibank reward points. We get business class delhi europe delhi in 85000 miles & only taxes appx 160 $. There is no YQ charge in redemtion award ticket. I find majority of redemption in other airmiles comes out expensive as they need more of airmiles & taxes / surcharges are significant.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've booked 3 del-jfk, sfo-del business class return tickets for this summer for 140k miles + $28 in taxes per passenger....its difficult to find better value anywhere else....
Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
i've booked 3 del-jfk, sfo-del business class return tickets for this summer for 140k miles + $28 in taxes per passenger....its difficult to find better value anywhere else....
That's very good value. ^
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:57 pm

Citibank India online 10X partner list updated with new websites:

Cleartrip.com
Booking.com
Flywidus.com
Expedia.co.in
freecharge.in
hpshopping.in
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just saw that there is a 25% bonus for transfers to EY from PM card. Anyone tried this from the Prestige card?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:09 am

Anyone is considering or already doing MS with Prestige card in the US? Is it really it with 3.5% FX markup?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gtag
Citibank India online 10X partner list updated with new websites:

Cleartrip.com
Booking.com
Flywidus.com
Expedia.co.in
freecharge.in
hpshopping.in
Musafir and Goibibo are also 10x partners as mentioned on the website
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a email from Citibank that states I am using my card for business transactions and if this continues they will close card.

When I spoke with them they could not specify what transactions as I spend around 5L a month. My Airtel bills for the immediate family are quite big due to roaming charges. They are probably thinking why am I spending 2L on phone bills every month.

What's wrong with that though? They making their money from it.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:34 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
onlysuites, it is the same reason some JP cards have an uncapping fees. they want to be rewarding personal usage and not business usage since it hits their margins to finance all the reward points. however if your usage is genuine, call them up and explain the situation and it should be ok.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
onlysuites, it is the same reason some JP cards have an uncapping fees. they want to be rewarding personal usage and not business usage since it hits their margins to finance all the reward points. however if your usage is genuine, call them up and explain the situation and it should be ok.
Thanks for the reply A2A. Will send them a email.

Just out of interest don't they make a percentage regardless of where or who spends the money?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:24 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Thanks for the reply A2A. Will send them a email.

Just out of interest don't they make a percentage regardless of where or who spends the money?
those %'s are very thin after you've paid the other bank and the network (visa and the bank which owns the gateway where you swipe the card)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
those %'s are very thin after you've paid the other bank and the network (visa and the bank which owns the gateway where you swipe the card)
True. But they still making money right or why would they do this? Banks for one are never in it to make losses. So if they are making say a 1000 from 100,000 from the spend of a private person and if they make 5,000 out of a 500,000 spend of one business person that is better for them. 4 less transactions, 4 less statements and accounts to manage?

My friend routes $300,000 a year through his Amex and its 100% business only. They treat him like royalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.