Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by gtag
Flipkart again partnered for 10x program till 14 Nov 2016
Excellent. I hope they tie up Amazon too. The service is so much better with Amazon.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Which partners do I get 10 x awards with the Prestige card?
None as far as I know. I have only seen 10 X awards for PM card as well as rewards card.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege
Exclamation

I read this on Citi website:

Get Double the Miles
If you are a Frequent Flyer Program (FFP) member of any airline, and you book a ticket on it using your Citibank PremierMiles Card, you earn Miles for the ticket purchased at 10 Miles per Rs.100 rate. Plus, you acquire your regular FFP Miles for flying that airline. That's twice the joy at half the price.

I am confused , I will get miles for flying in my FFP but the miles I will get from Citi would be Citi Miles ... which can be converted in 2:1 ratio to FFP miles ..which in short effectively means 5FFP miles per Rs.100 .

So basically its not really "Double the miles" right?

I am very new to this so pardon me if it seems something silly but I really wanna know if what I interpreted is right.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nihit157

Get Double the Miles
If you are a Frequent Flyer Program (FFP) member of any airline, and you book a ticket on it using your Citibank PremierMiles Card, you earn Miles for the ticket purchased at 10 Miles per Rs.100 rate. Plus, you acquire your regular FFP Miles for flying that airline. That's twice the joy at half the price.

I am confused , I will get miles for flying in my FFP but the miles I will get from Citi would be Citi Miles ... which can be converted in 2:1 ratio to FFP miles ..which in short effectively means 5FFP miles per Rs.100 .

What you interpreted is correct. You would get Citi miles which you can convert to your FFP at the rate decided by Citi.

They are just hyping it up. Its not double the number of miles.
You just get a second bite at the cherry.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:20 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Also the miles you earn from the flight will usually be based on distance flown, whereas Citibank miles will be based on spend. And worth knowing that the airlines you can transfer Citibank miles to are limited, so you're not necessarily going to get them all added up in one scheme.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by nihit157

Get Double the Miles

I am very new to this so pardon me if it seems something silly but I really wanna know if what I interpreted is right.
It is just a marketing jargon to hype the benefits.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:54 pm

Hi, Etihad sent out this email about their 25% bonus miles offer. Link for the offer is http://www.etihadguest.com/25

This says transfer ratio from Cit PM to EtihadGuest is 1:1. Please someone confirm. Citi is clueless about this offer. Also, do we get 25% bonus on 1:1 ratio ?

Thanks a lot.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:34 am

Hi, Please suggest best program to transfer points from Citi Prestige to book RT economy award tickets from Mumbai-Toronto. I am also fine booking revenue economy tickets and upgrading to Business. Please suggest, which one will offer best value.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, Please suggest best program to transfer points from Citi Prestige to book RT economy award tickets from Mumbai-Toronto. I am also fine booking revenue economy tickets and upgrading to Business. Please suggest, which one will offer best value.
Skyteam is poor ex-BOM, so Delta/Air France are out of question.
For Star Alliance, SQ offers fair redemption rate but charges fuel surcharges.
AI can't piece together multi-sector itineraries as one as of yet.

BA for Oneworld also charges exorbitant fuel surcharges that make economy award pointless.

9W is probably the worst in terms of user-friendliness for partner redemptions.

In your case, I'd actually go with Etihad for flying economy. Reasonable chart and very good availability.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, Etihad sent out this email about their 25% bonus miles offer. Link for the offer is http://www.etihadguest.com/25

This says transfer ratio from Cit PM to EtihadGuest is 1:1. Please someone confirm. Citi is clueless about this offer. Also, do we get 25% bonus on 1:1 ratio ?

Thanks a lot.
It is likely that the offer has nothing to do with Citibank and Etihad is offering the bonus to all transfers in (irrespective of whether it is from Citibank or other partners). It might be better to check with Etihad if you want to get full details of the offer.

Siva
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
New Airlines Being added to Transfer Reward Points from Citi Prestige Card

Just reading on citi prestige website that Airlines like Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Flying blue ( Air France & KLM) ,Jet airways have been added . One can transfer Rewards points Citi Prestige card to these airlines Miles in addition to previous airlines.^
https://www.online.citibank.co.in/ci...ogged-off.html
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raji
Just reading on citi prestige website that Airlines like Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Flying blue ( Air France & KLM) ,Jet airways have been added . One can transfer Rewards points Citi Prestige card to these airlines Miles in addition to previous airlines.^
Nice. Good find. ^
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by raji
these airlines were added a while back....i remember seeing this list last month....just hoping they add united as well....
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Citi seems better than all the other cards available in India in terms of points transfer. New to the points game in India. They have many partners across the regions. Any of you have used apply-cancel-reapply in here and how effective it is.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
For me KL is a excellent addition. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.