Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Since the CitiPM is less VFM for my prefrence, I was browsing for alternate cards on Citi website and found out that the Citi Rewards Credit Card offers a good deal. Low fees, converts points into FFP @ 0.75 and has Flipkart, GoIbibo, Yatra, Bookmyshow (same bunch as CitiPM) as 10x partners.

So, for an annual fee of INR 1000 (waived on annual spends for INR 30k), I can potentially earn 7.5 FFP on every INR 125 spent.

https://www.online.citibank.co.in/po...wards-card.htm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:37 pm

Transfer of PM

Now that the last date to transfer PM to airlines at earlier rates is coming close, I was thinking what to do.

I have 3 PM cards in the family out of which my main PM card, I will transfer to my Prestige card and the miles get transferred to Prestige points. The other 2 PM cards are hardly used but i would like to keep them just to take advantage of any promotions. Their current miles balances are approx 15k miles and 27k miles.

My main concern is that the miles should not get expired and give me a good value. I can either speculatively transfer to an airline or keep the miles as it is and transfer to a hotel partner as would be required at a future date since transfer to any hotel program is not being devalued.

As for airlines, since the number of miles is not large, they can only be used to redeem for short one way flights. After consideration, the only viable airline I could think of is BA. SQ miles expire in 3 years and they charge YQ as well. BA is cheaper than CX at almost every level for Oneworld flights. Delta also charges YQ on some routes (in Europe) and very high miles for some short one way flights (in Middle East and Asia). I have enough miles on Jet and AI and they can also be generated effectively using other cards. Other airlines I would not consider.

As for hotels, the points can be redeemed for Points Break with IHG, points and cash with Hilton or points and cash with Taj. IHG can give good value with Points Break specially since points don't expire. Taj is also quite ok. Hilton I would not consider as I already have some points in my Hilton account and they expire in 12 months of no activity.

Finally, I decided to transfer 27k PM to BA Avios (very good value for short flights and easy to extend validity) and 15k PM to IHG.

It would be interesting to know what others in similar situation are doing, if not converting to Prestige.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
For those that have converted to the Prestige card I was wondering did they also bill you pro rata. They only charged me for 6 months and refunded me my 6 months PM fees. So I think this should mean that I can apply for the 10k Hotel voucher and miles again in 6 months ^
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
For those that have converted to the Prestige card I was wondering did they also bill you pro rata. They only charged me for 6 months and refunded me my 6 months PM fees. So I think this should mean that I can apply for the 10k Hotel voucher and miles again in 6 months ^
yes they did....not sure if you can apply for the vouchers & miles again in 6 months though....

also, for those who got their card converted to prestige, how long did it take to get the 5k etihad miles bonus????
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
yes they did....not sure if you can apply for the vouchers & miles again in 6 months though....

also, for those who got their card converted to prestige, how long did it take to get the 5k etihad miles bonus????
Are you also getting EY card upgraded to Gold too? Let me know time taken as I will be doing the same.

Last edited by onlysuites; Jan 28, 2015 at 3:06 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Are you also getting EY card upgraded to Gold too? Let me know time taken as I will be doing the same.
already got that done....took about a week or so....but i haven't received the 5k miles yet....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
already got that done....took about a week or so....but i haven't received the 5k miles yet....
Don't forget you also get some bonus miles if you transfer 20k to EY.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i know....planning on doing that next month....
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:47 pm

Can you tell me more about this bonus miles with EY? Didn't notice any info about it anywhere..
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:06 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
all prestige card holders get EY gold and 5K miles in their account from EY Guest. If you trf 5000 points -> 20000 miles on Etihad Guest, you also get a bonus of 6K for the first transfer as long as it is done within 6 months of card establishment
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
all prestige card holders get EY gold and 5K miles in their account from EY Guest. If you trf 5000 points -> 20000 miles on Etihad Guest, you also get a bonus of 6K for the first transfer as long as it is done within 6 months of card establishment
did you get the 5k miles????if so, how long did it take????
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also Citigold customers get a bonus according to how much they spend. What is the easiest way to Citigold as I don't have my savings account with them as of now. Can I just open up a FD? If so what is the minimum amount?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:36 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Also Citigold customers get a bonus according to how much they spend. What is the easiest way to Citigold as I don't have my savings account with them as of now. Can I just open up a FD? If so what is the minimum amount?
Used to be INR 25/30L as minimum. FD is fine, but they will likely link it to a savings account (which you can have a close to zero balance in, if needed).

The biggest thing though is that Citi offers horrid FD interest rates... Easily 3-4% less than market leaders. You need to decide if that is worth the tradeoff for the bonus. Or maybe invest in MF or something thru Citi...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Tried calling Citi and the CSA told that the eligibility is 40LPA income and that's about it.

Since travel has reduced a lot with the arrival of kids, I'm thinking of bailing out and transferring the miles.

1. If I put in a transfer request today / tomorrow, and if the actual transfer takes 5+ days, will the old transfer rates prevail?

2. My Travel is mainly India Domestic & India-US (Intl)+ US domestic. what is the best option to transfer to?

3. I was planning to transfer to BA, but the recent devaluation got me thinking and need to understand the impact on India-US redemption

Any help / Pointers would be nice.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:56 pm

The golden rule to follow in these situations is 'Hang Up and Call Again'

The first Citi CSA I spoke to was very condescending and implied that I wasn't eligible, without even checking my account, the second processed the transaction within minutes.

If you want to liquidate your points balance then I recommend transferring the miles to Etihad which has a decent redemption table for domestic J on 9W.

Live from a Lounge has published an excellent series of posts comparing the options http://livefromalounge.boardingarea....iles-balances/ required reading if you haven't made up your mind yet.

Originally Posted by Whizkid
Tried calling Citi and the CSA told that the eligibility is 40LPA income and that's about it.

Since travel has reduced a lot with the arrival of kids, I'm thinking of bailing out and transferring the miles.

1. If I put in a transfer request today / tomorrow, and if the actual transfer takes 5+ days, will the old transfer rates prevail?

2. My Travel is mainly India Domestic & India-US (Intl)+ US domestic. what is the best option to transfer to?

3. I was planning to transfer to BA, but the recent devaluation got me thinking and need to understand the impact on India-US redemption

Any help / Pointers would be nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.