Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jubbing
I understand if I don't have enough credit, but they won't even tell me if THAT's the case. Anyways, I have another HSBC card application which has been approved, guess I'll just stick with that then.
Most banks will refuse to tell you the exact reason for rejection of your loan/CC request in India - not only Citi.

I guess once you have this HSBC CC running for 6 months - you can again check with Citi as you would have built up credit history.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Most banks will refuse to tell you the exact reason for rejection of your loan/CC request in India - not only Citi.

I guess once you have this HSBC CC running for 6 months - you can again check with Citi as you would have built up credit history.
Suppose so, but oh god the HSBC rewards.. the horror. Oh well, can't be choosey I guess
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 am

Seems Yatra has been withdrawn from the 10 mile partner of Premier Miles, has anybody got any update, As of now only HDFC cards Show up on Yatra web site as 10X Partner. But redemption option seems to be still available in Yatra web site for Citi bank Premier Miles cards as of now.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:24 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
yatra had a deal with citi till 31/12 and it is now over. where is the question of being withdrawn. it is all a question of how much money Yatra wanted to spend funding extra premiermiles
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:54 am

Does Citibank has a criteria for Prestige card that annual income be of certain sum?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:21 am

Yes it is 40 lakhs for the Prestige Card.

Regarding yatra i got 10 miles for the tickets booked on 7th Jan 2015 so they should have withdrawn recently and not on 31/12 as A2A mentioned.
Moreover the Citi web site Still shows yatra as a 10 mile partner but no mention of it in the yatra web site since 15th January
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Did any one got the Prestige Card based on their PM Card Limit ( I read 5 lac Credit Limit),
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Did any one got the Prestige Card based on their PM Card Limit ( I read 5 lac Credit Limit),
Yep.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yep.
What's the process?

Call Citi PM Help line or Prestige Help line?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:47 pm

I called the Citi PM helpline, the agent put me on hold for 3-4 min to verify that I (technically my dad, since the primary card is in his name) was eligible and then processed the transfer immediately.

The new Prestige Visa card number was showing in his account summary in under 12 hours and the points were transferred from the PM card to the Prestige card within 36 hrs.

The actual cards (primary + 2 add on CCs and the 3 Priority Pass cards) were delivered either on the 2nd or 3rd day, I forget which.

All in all, very impressive service and responsiveness.

Contrast this to ICICI who have not yet sent me a replacement card 2 months after I reported a card stolen and requested a new card. Heck, even Axis Bank couriered me a replacement card within 48 hrs.

Originally Posted by Whizkid
What's the process?

Call Citi PM Help line or Prestige Help line?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a way to avoid the code number being sent to the registered mobile? I travel 90 days out of 100 and usually put my international chip in my phone when abroad so when booking tickets abroad I have to change sim cards to get the message when using the card. This seems to be a new thing with Prestige card as with PM card it would offer me the option to use my Internet password.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
I see in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l-benefit.html that people have used Citi Prestige card to book the 4th night free and still availed of their hotel status at the major chains.

Has anyone used the Indian card to successfully do so?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is there a way to avoid the code number being sent to the registered mobile? I travel 90 days out of 100 and usually put my international chip in my phone when abroad so when booking tickets abroad I have to change sim cards to get the message when using the card. This seems to be a new thing with Prestige card as with PM card it would offer me the option to use my Internet password.
I think all Citi cards as well as SBI cards now send SMS for internet transactions I am thinking of buying a cheap featurephone just to recieve SMS when i am travelling aboard.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
I think all Citi cards as well as SBI cards now send SMS for internet transactions I am thinking of buying a cheap featurephone just to recieve SMS when i am travelling aboard.
I was thinking of doing that too but the problem is the Nano sim card used in the new iPhones isn't compatible with many other phones. Or can you get a convertor for that?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:19 am

Yep - i have the nano sim as well. There is a cheap Nano to regular converter you can buy off eBay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.