Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

9W Frequent Flyer Program - Jet Privilege

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9W Frequent Flyer Program - Jet Privilege

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
that wasn't meant to be taken literally....what i meant was that your savvy frequent flyer would have by now switched to other options....maybe there are still some people who are using the jet privilege booking engine to credit miles to 9w....i actually did that recently....had to take a flight where 6e was the only option....i could have booked on the 6e website & earned nothing or for the same price i could book on the jet privilege website & earned 350 miles for the round trip ticket....i guess i'm just a creature of habit where it bugs the living daylights out of me if i fly without earning any miles on any one of the frequent flyer programs i'm a part of....
I know you didn't mean that literally and shame on you for not having a proper HDFC card to buy your tickets through Smartbuy!

It will be interesting to see what they launch tomorrow. I'm sure there are plenty of people some knowingly, many unwittingly still earning 9W miles esp. on CC spends and plenty of people will still have buckets of miles in their accounts - people who are unsure where to spend this.

I'm very surprised that whatever action JP is seeing is incentivizing them to keep this programme alive! I thought they would come out with a notice like... all miles will expire on 31 Mar 2019!
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I know you didn't mean that literally and shame on you for not having a proper HDFC card to buy your tickets through Smartbuy!
almost 100% of my domestic air travel (& travel to some asian countries) is on ai so i've never bothered to use anything besides the sbi ai card to buy tickets....almost 100% of my international travel (besides travel to some asian countries) is on skyteam partners so i either use my citi prestige or amex delta card for those ticket purchases....never bothered with hdfc smartbuy....i've had the hdfc 9w card from the time it was launched....i don't think i've used it more than a dozen times....

It will be interesting to see what they launch tomorrow. I'm sure there are plenty of people some knowingly, many unwittingly still earning 9W miles esp. on CC spends and plenty of people will still have buckets of miles in their accounts - people who are unsure where to spend this.
a lot of people are still unaware of the fact that they can still use jp miles....last month a client of mine was complaining about the fact that he had over 800k jp miles when 9w went bust & now he can't use them....i told him that he could & to head over to the jp site to see what options he had....he has now managed to redeem quite a few of them, albeit at terrible rates....

I'm very surprised that whatever action JP is seeing is incentivizing them to keep this programme alive! I thought they would come out with a notice like... all miles will expire on 31 Mar 2019!
they have to be making a profit with keeping this alive, otherwise why would they????lets see what tomorrow brings....
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I know what you mean Keyser. I saw a friend pull out the ICICI Jet card last week and I was shocked. He wasn't bothered about it.
Keyser likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:47 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Now that JP has morphed into Intermiles, we can continue the conversation in the new dedicated Intermiles thread and I will close this one for housekeeping. Link to new thread is below:

Intermiles Program (former JetPrivilege)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.