Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Review Thread - Air India

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Yemona
As long as the word ‘First’ isn’t misspelled on the menu, all is good.
LOL! But Bruce Lee might have approved, haha.
Old May 4, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Keyser
unfortunately its just the mindset that's followed in this country....people will refuse to listen to reason....

have a del-iad flight coming up in a few week on ai....not an experience i'm looking forward to....
How did it go on the DEL-IAD? I have a DEL-EWR coming up in J
Old May 4, 2021, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by knit-in
How did it go on the DEL-IAD? I have a DEL-EWR coming up in J
it was pretty uneventful....every seat had a goody-bag with a lot of snacks in it....that lasted me the entire duration of the flight....food was served with plastic utensils & paper cups....some idiot sitting 2 rows ahead of me made a big deal about having alcohol in a paper cup & demanded a proper glass....

pillows & blankets were provided however i had brought my own so didn't use the ones ai provided....

flight was full in both business & economy....everyone wore their masks & the crew kept reminding the passengers to not take them off every hour....
Old May 4, 2021, 2:58 pm

Wow, interesting to see F on AI seems quite sub par to a qsuite on qatar.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:33 pm

it was pretty uneventful....every seat had a goody-bag with a lot of snacks in it....that lasted me the entire duration of the flight....food was served with plastic utensils & paper cups....some idiot sitting 2 rows ahead of me made a big deal about having alcohol in a paper cup & demanded a proper glass....

pillows & blankets were provided however i had brought my own so didn't use the ones ai provided....

flight was full in both business & economy....everyone wore their masks & the crew kept reminding the passengers to not take them off every hour....
I'll take "uneventful". Mine's an award reservation with United miles, hopefully that won't be an issue.
Old May 5, 2021, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I'll take "uneventful". Mine's an award reservation with United miles, hopefully that won't be an issue.
shouldn't be....having said that, i've traveled on ua as well in the last few months....much better than ai in every department....
Old May 5, 2021, 8:06 am

shouldn't be....having said that, i've traveled on ua as well in the last few months....much better than ai in every department....
Keeping an eye out for award seats opening up in Business on UA. I have seen the odd availability approximately 20-something hours in advance of the flight. Shall keep fingers crossed to find one on or around my flight date. Worth the $125 change fee, I would think.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yemona
As long as the word ‘First’ isn’t misspelled on the menu, all is good.
Originally Posted by SamirD
LOL! But Bruce Lee might have approved, haha.
Fist Class. LOL.
How pathetic.
Mercifully, my only AI experience was DEL-JAI.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:22 am

....much better than ai in every department....
I think that could be said for almost any airline.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Fist Class. LOL.
How pathetic.
As is almost anything touted as 'first class' over there. The hotel that I had my wedding reception at did a 'bait and switch' on the food. Three of my uncles and one guest from Malaysia got sick. When confronted, the hotel swore up and down it was the same. I wasn't going to pay for it, but my wife advised that they would 'harass' her uncle if we didn't. So I paid and left a truthful review on tripadvisor with the remedy I was looking for--a refund. The hotel replied with something nasty and tried their best to get the review removed, but this was before tripadvisor would do such things. I drove by the place on my last visit and they used to have 9 of their glass panels above their registration drive shattered and needing replacement--now, it is nearly all of them. What a dump!
Old May 5, 2021, 12:22 pm

To be honest, in my limited experience with Air India (under 10 segments, mostly domestic), I've never really had a problem in-flight. Ground services is another story. I haven't any greater faith in UA, but for my flight to EWR, I think I'd rather be in a solo seat than a row of three on AI.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

to be honest, they are a perfectly acceptable airline once in the air....their ground service sucks....i have been on many airlines that i would rate below ai....
Old May 5, 2021, 2:54 pm

To be honest, in my limited experience with Air India (under 10 segments, mostly domestic), I've never really had a problem in-flight. Ground services is another story. I haven't any greater faith in UA, but for my flight to EWR, I think I'd rather be in a solo seat than a row of three on AI.
It was over 10 years ago that I flew on them, but in those few experiences my thought was always, "is this the first time you guys are flying? why does it seem like you don't know what you're doing?". FAs running to a fro while another FA yells at them what to do, inconsistent service between FAs and a lot of 'attitude' that they would show to each other and even pax. My most recent flight also showed how the pax behave, with several people still on their phone without belts fastened until we were off the ground and FAs saying nothing. It was shocking actually and made me think of what might be missing in the plane maintenance.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:54 pm

to be honest, they are a perfectly acceptable airline once in the air....their ground service sucks....i have been on many airlines that i would rate below ai....
I would be interested in that list if you want to PM me--would be nice to avoid potential issues.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would be interested in that list if you want to PM me--would be nice to avoid potential issues.
no need to pm....i don't have anything to hide....ms, ku, d7 & sv are a few that come to mind....i would definitely pick ai over all of them....
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.