Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways ICICI Bank credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I am in a second or third round for some reason - first round was Chennai call center who were okay, but I was out of station - some days in MAA, in fact!

That app was probably abandoned.

Second and third round initiated by WM advisors are now stopped due to lack of English-speaking characters...

Forget these Jet co-branded cards - they really aren't worth it!

OT: Even Jet themselves are dropping the ball! Has anyone called Emirates call center these days? They are absolutely *amazing*! Apparently they also have a 24 x 7 call center for India - and they are incredibly professional.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:53 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Keyser
i can take dull....but what happened to me today is ridiculous....i get a call from an icici rep today for verification & after he asks me my name he requests me to call him back as he has no credit left on his phone....i call back & he then does the verification over the phone....i have never come across something like this before....
if there was a like button a-la facebook here, i'd have used that :P
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:09 am
A2A
Original Poster

someone got the card yet? say yes please. :P
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
Not yet..applied on 12th sept-- no follow up call still..have also sent mail and still waiting...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
Actually, I applied multiple times - even had one of my existing cards converted to this one, but *no* movement yet!

Based on my application for the SQ KF CC and this one, it appears ICICI doesn't even *want* to have credit card customers!

I say forget Jet and their ridiculous bank partners...PM-Citi is the way to go!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:35 am

Dupe post - sorry!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I say forget Jet and their ridiculous bank partners...PM-Citi is the way to go!
+1

Last edited by onlysuites; Nov 3, 2012 at 10:24 am
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:35 am
PPG

Programs: 9WGold, ITSilver, SPG Gold, TajICSilver
Application Approved

Originally Posted by A2A
Haven't got the card yet, but got an email saying the card application has been approved and the card will be delivered in next 10 working days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since everyone keeps talking about CitiPM, here are my two cents. I like my CitiPM card. The black plastic is good looking and customer service has been better than most other banks (mostly because others set a low benchmark). But the reward points to spend ratio, 4 miles per 100 rupees, is on the lower side and the redemption option for Jet - only decent way left to travel in the country - tickets is too high.

Compare that to 7 miles per 100 on Jet Airways Sapphiro American Express Card (9 if spend is international) and I can tolerate the embarrassment of carrying a blue card with clouds on it.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:59 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PPG
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since everyone keeps talking about CitiPM, here are my two cents. I like my CitiPM card. The black plastic is good looking and customer service has been better than most other banks (mostly because others set a low benchmark). But the reward points to spend ratio, 4 miles per 100 rupees, is on the lower side and the redemption option for Jet - only decent way left to travel in the country - tickets is too high.

Compare that to 7 miles per 100 on Jet Airways Sapphiro American Express Card (9 if spend is international) and I can tolerate the embarrassment of carrying a blue card with clouds on it.
Blame it on being a MasterCard/visa and hence only being able to charge 1.5 to 2 percent fee per transaction, which again needs to be split with master/visa and another bank. Whereas Amex charges 3.5 to 4 percent per transaction, biggest reason why most merchants don't accept Amex.

That fee is where all the reward points are funded from.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by PPG
Haven't got the card yet, but got an email saying the card application has been approved and the card will be delivered in next 10 working days.
Let's see...I got that EM like 2 months ago? No card yet...

Originally Posted by PPG
Let us know when you actually get it!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
Blame it on being a MasterCard/visa and hence only being able to charge 1.5 to 2 percent fee per transaction, which again needs to be split with master/visa and another bank. Whereas Amex charges 3.5 to 4 percent per transaction, biggest reason why most merchants don't accept Amex.

That fee is where all the reward points are funded from.
I agree. Problem is that not many retailers accept Amex.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:27 am

Still waiting for the documentation to be picked up
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
got a call from icici yesterday....apparently my application has been approved & i should have my card in 5 business days....guess i can wait a little longer....
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:19 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
got a call from icici yesterday....apparently my application has been approved & i should have my card in 5 business days....guess i can wait a little longer....
on my flight to DEL yesterday, i had a lead generation form on my seat for the ICICI card. trouble is, ICICI and HDFC will now have no differentiation because they will use the same tricks in the book.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got offered this card by some ICICI RM the other day. Turned it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.