Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways ICICI Bank credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
yeah but other spend also counts, right?
not planning on using the jet card for anything else besides spend on jet....for everything else i'll use the ultima or pm card....
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:36 am

Whats the view on The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
http://www.americanexpress.com/india...edit-card#sub1

Charges the same annual fee 5k.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:50 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Whats the view on The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
http://www.americanexpress.com/india...edit-card#sub1

Charges the same annual fee 5k.
Here is my point of view:http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...m-travel-card/

I believe it is a lame card and not exactly a travel card but a card which incidentally has travel rewards.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
Keyser, you are eligible to get both for free, so pick up both. use what you feel like and cancel them when u dont like em anymore. just note this new T&C which states upto 60K jpmiles per annum can be earned on the amex-icici version. u need to pay 7500 p.a. for unlimited earning.
apparently i'm not eligible for the icici card....first i checked on their website which said i could swap my current icici card for the jet card....when i called icici they told me its not possible....so i asked if i could apply for it instead & they told me its only for salaried individuals....since i am technically not a salaried employee (all lawyers in my firm are on permanent retainers) therefore i am not eligible to apply....
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:34 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
apparently i'm not eligible for the icici card....first i checked on their website which said i could swap my current icici card for the jet card....when i called icici they told me its not possible....so i asked if i could apply for it instead & they told me its only for salaried individuals....since i am technically not a salaried employee (all lawyers in my firm are on permanent retainers) therefore i am not eligible to apply....
heard this from someone else as well today. and ICICI is foolish like that to not swap cards, so, I don't think I'll be going for it too. I hate a credit report pull :P
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:38 pm
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Businessmen don't fly? Isn't it odd that it's restricted to salaried individuals?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:51 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by ups
Businessmen don't fly? Isn't it odd that it's restricted to salaried individuals?
I suppose that means Mukesh Ambani can't get an ICICI card. The poor thing.

Idiots.

And I suppose I can't get one either. Thank God for small mercies.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
weird... but thanks - now I won't even bother trying with this trash
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A2A
I hate a credit report pull :P
Do they have such a thing in India? I have always wondered how exactly they get your credit history.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:45 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lallyr
Do they have such a thing in India? I have always wondered how exactly they get your credit history.
Cibil (credit bureau of India) gets data from all your banks on open loans and card histories, along with monthly details on if your account was regular or sub-standard (did not make a payment etc...) on the first page they list your last 7 enquiries for a card or loan as well if I remember correctly. The data is all masked so banks can't find out which bank you have what dealing with, but they can find out details about your existing credit limits, your frequency of payment etc.
Mostof my Cc s are way old. I don't apply for new ones much. So, a swap does not count because it is just a credit line moved from one plastic to another, but new issuance means a new review of your report.

Now a days one can get their own report as well from cibil for a fee via website. And if your application is rejected bya bank, they are supposed to give you the credit report along with it.i got it once from Amex, back in the day they needed a landline as a necessary condition to issue a credit card and hence refused me a card.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
Cibil (credit bureau of India) gets data from all your banks on open loans and card histories, along with monthly details on if your account was regular or sub-standard (did not make a payment etc...) on the first page they list your last 7 enquiries for a card or loan as well if I remember correctly. The data is all masked so banks can't find out which bank you have what dealing with, but they can find out details about your existing credit limits, your frequency of payment etc.
Mostof my Cc s are way old. I don't apply for new ones much. So, a swap does not count because it is just a credit line moved from one plastic to another, but new issuance means a new review of your report.

Now a days one can get their own report as well from cibil for a fee via website. And if your application is rejected bya bank, they are supposed to give you the credit report along with it.i got it once from Amex, back in the day they needed a landline as a necessary condition to issue a credit card and hence refused me a card.
Very handy to know. But how would a bank know if you are Mr SK from Delhi Punjabi Bagh but used to live in Gurgoan up until last month?

There isn't a Social Security number that keeps you as a individual. Is it based on your address?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very handy to know. But how would a bank know if you are Mr SK from Delhi Punjabi Bagh but used to live in Gurgoan up until last month?

There isn't a Social Security number that keeps you as a individual. Is it based on your address?
i may be mistaken here but i remember someone telling me that they keep track through your name & your birth date....
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i may be mistaken here but i remember someone telling me that they keep track through your name & your birth date....
1 Billion + people in India. I am sure there are so many SK's born on a certain date living in the same state.

Not questioning you Keyser ^ Just wondering how they did this.

I would have thought that keeping a track through PAN number would be easier since that is unique.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:08 am
A2A
Original Poster

The one thing they did right was to issue Income tax PAN card numbers, I think the most important number for me apart for my Passport number (which still changes every few years ). All CC applications and Loan applications and other financial transactions mostly require you to put in your PAN Card as a prerequisite.

I still wonder why did the UID (aadhaar) project not build on PAN card as the primary ID of each person.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
The one thing they did right was to issue Income tax PAN card numbers, I think the most important number for me apart for my Passport number (which still changes every few years )

I still wonder why did the UID (aadhaar) project not build on PAN card as the primary ID of each person.
Would have made sense to I agree. Like in USA a SSN is your personal number. What ever loan you take is tracked against that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.