Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I am sure I have seen the answer for this somewhere on here but can't find it right now. I think Keyser was the one who mentioned it?

Seeing 3 seats available online via JP but reservations can only see 1 for use via upgrade voucher. Is there a way to get all 3 seats via voucher?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Seeing 3 seats available online via JP but reservations can only see 1 for use via upgrade voucher. Is there a way to get all 3 seats via voucher?
You are lucky you can even see the one for an upgrade - Jet's call center dimwits now cannot see *any* domestic upgrades most of the time, even if shown as an award available on the site!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Unlikely.. Voucher quota is separate from miles upgrade/redemption quota.

Vouchers are handled by Jet while miles are handled by Jet Privilege which are two different department and they can't access each others' data.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Originally Posted by Anish
I think we can get the vouchers and upgrade request listed in their system right ? So during checkin if the seat is available, they will do the upgrade ? Atleast that's what is written behind the vouchers, though I don't have any experience with it.. and ofcourse its not confirmed and we need to wait till last minute..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish

Vouchers are handled by Jet while miles are handled by Jet Privilege which are two different department and they can't access each others' data.
I think you are right. 3-4 calls and they still can't see the seats. Couple of positives though. They showed 3 seats on a domestic flight 4 days out. Managed to grab one seat and then another showed up this morning from the JP quota. So got two done. Managed to get rid of all but 3 more upgrade vouchers. Used some 50 in the last year now. What a impossible job.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:14 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
all of you must have got the email asking for the votes at the other award event. now, the beauty is in the details, where they list their case in bullet points:

"* enhanced award seat availibility"

confirms that all these years they were NOT giving us the seats we deserved! I don't have much more to say to this
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any recent redemption's on KLM within Europe? How are the YQ's?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a couple of weeks ago i sent in a partner redemption form trying to use some jp miles for an upcoming trip....i received the following automated reply from jet:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for writing to us.

Your query is important to us and we are committed to provide a satisfactory resolution. Our Service Executive will respond within three working days.
In case your query requires further investigation and takes a longer time, we will keep you informed on the time required for resolution.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in the interim.

Yours sincerely,
Jet Privilege Service Centre
since then they sent me the same mail 6 more times....after that i received one mail a couple of days ago letting me know that only one of my requested 4 sectors is available but sent me no further information on how many taxes or miles would be required....when i replied asking for the details i got the same automated response 5 more times over the last couple of days....so for one request i have now received the same automated response 12 times....12 frigging times....

this used to be the one area where jet was quite competent....i guess its no longer the case now....
Old Mar 6, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
a couple of weeks ago i sent in a partner redemption form trying to use some jp miles for an upcoming trip....i received the following automated reply from jet:

since then they sent me the same mail 6 more times....after that i received one mail a couple of days ago letting me know that only one of my requested 4 sectors is available but sent me no further information on how many taxes or miles would be required....when i replied asking for the details i got the same automated response 5 more times over the last couple of days....so for one request i have now received the same automated response 12 times....12 frigging times....

this used to be the one area where jet was quite competent....i guess its no longer the case now....
I was starting to think I was the only one that go this special treatment.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I was starting to think I was the only one that go this special treatment.

You have no idea what I have been through - they are simply way beyond *incompetent*!!

It's like taking drugs when I talk to them - they are so clueless that either they or I are under medication!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You have no idea what I have been through - they are simply way beyond *incompetent*!!

It's like taking drugs when I talk to them - they are so clueless that either they or I are under medication!
I have been told that they aren't under any specific department. They don't report to anyone and are under no customer care feedback scheme. Partner redemption's is something that Jet doesn't want to push as they would rather people redeem on their metal.

Basically its a few people that can do what they want and have no one to tell them off.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
here is another absolute gem from the jp team....

a redemption for the msp-sfo route is listed as 2.5k miles on the partner redemption chart....i asked for this route in business class so that should be 5k miles....i flew this route less than a year ago & was charged 5k miles & about inr 4k in taxes whereas ua only charges $2.50 for this route....

nevertheless, this time jet quoted me 60k miles & inr 9k in taxes....it turns out that instead of booking me on the direct msp-sfo flight, they booked me on msp-iah for 30k miles + inr 4k & then on iah-sfo for 30k miles + inr 5k....

of course i told them i was not interested....
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:57 am

here is another absolute gem from the jp team....

a redemption for the msp-sfo route is listed as 2.5k miles on the partner redemption chart....i asked for this route in business class so that should be 5k miles....i flew this route less than a year ago & was charged 5k miles & about inr 4k in taxes whereas ua only charges $2.50 for this route....

nevertheless, this time jet quoted me 60k miles & inr 9k in taxes....it turns out that instead of booking me on the direct msp-sfo flight, they booked me on msp-iah for 30k miles + inr 4k & then on iah-sfo for 30k miles + inr 5k....

of course i told them i was not interested....
I have been told that they aren't under any specific department. They don't report to anyone and are under no customer care feedback scheme. Partner redemption's is something that Jet doesn't want to push as they would rather people redeem on their metal.
Called the JP call center, and after confirming that partner award seats were confirmed, I proceeded to make a Jet award booking online for the same dates, since Jet's partner wasn't confirming those sectors.

Guess what? After I confirmed the partner sectors, I was still *on the phone* with the JP rep, bagged a D-class seat. (This was advised to me by a really good agent yesterday, and I wasn't even asking for it - so kudos to him)

(The first time it timed out as the character took so long to understand how to retrieve partner bookings)

Then, I go through the whole process again with the D-class seat, and put in my cc details, get transferred to the bank's site, confirm that, return back to the Jet site, and guess what? The Jet site said: "There has been an error - please retry"!!

... man!

The credit card confirmation SMS charge also came through!

Then, luckily I stayed on the phone with the agent, and he then went back to the Supervisor, who confirmed no D-class seats available.

(All this whole time of 30 minutes I had to deal with him not hearing me because of a VOiP problem!!!! )

I then had to explain the situation of what I had done 2x again (I had already told him this while checking the partner PNR) and finally they say that I have a PNR!! OMG!!!

This is a live comedy show guys and gals! Feel free to call up and ask for JP and you will have grand ol' time!!

(Just have someone ready to call an ambulance in case you have a heart attack!)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Mar 6, 2013 at 6:24 am
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:29 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Any recent redemption's on KLM within Europe? How are the YQ's?
there is this nice redemption for the next 2 months where you are getting a biz class ticket to Mumbai on AF for 1/2 the miles, i.e., 30K.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Taj IC Silver, *Gold, OW Ruby, 9W Gold, IT Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

I have had 3 very frustrating conversations over the last 3 days. I sent partner award request for LHR-ATH on Feb 27. Since A3 is not a partner, I picked out the European airline partners (KLM, Alitalia etc.) for a 1-stop flight and sent across my scanned forms to them along with passport scans.

Checked status after 2 days, was told that my email has been received and I should expect response in day. Nothing. Two days later - I get the following email:

Dear Bingham Boy,

This is with reference to your redemption request on our partner airline.

May we request you to scan and email the Passport copies of the guests travelling to [email protected] to enable us to make the booking with our Airline Partner and revert accordingly.

Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
For Jet Airways (India) Ltd

Being a war-hardened veteran by now, I re-sent it to them and politely informed them I had sent it earlier. No automated response nothing, so I thought I'll follow up. Conversation between me and Jet Child goes like this:

BB: I am calling about my partner award requests. They have been pending now for 6 days. Can you tell me what's happening?
JC: We don't have any email from you, SIR. When did you send it?
BB (deep breath): 27 Feb originally, then re-sent it yesterday when I got email saying you need the passport scans
JC: We only have email from yesterday
(Lot of back and forth)
BB: Okay, what can we do now?
JC: Send us all the award request again
BB: Okay, done (while on the call). Please confirm.
JC: Got it. We'll process this on urgent basis and come back today/tomorrow
BB: Sure (We'll see)

Nothing. Called again today.

BB: I'm calling about... (I have a script now; that at least makes one of us on the call with a script)
JC2: When did you sent the email?
BB: 27 Feb originally, then forwarded 1 again with passport scans day before. Then re-sent all yesterday
JC2: If you have sent it yesterday, then please wait for 2 days for a response
BB: Are you kidding me??...
JC2: (does not even hear what I was saying) We take 24-48 hrs to do this
BB: Dude. Please listen to me. I spoke to JC (told her name - seemed to ring a bell) and she confirmed that it'll be done
JC2: Ohh okay, lemme check.
(long hold)
JC2: SIR, I talked to concerned dept, they sent you an email 2 mins ago. You should have it in your mailbox in next 20 mins
BB: Sure (We'll see)

Been 45 mins. Nothing. I don't expect much from Jet but can't help feeling frustrated. The worst thing I find is that there is no team/person who you can somehow report this to. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of nodal officer or someone who should look into this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.